Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

Thanks. Does the Kindle supports basic diagrams. The books that i have purchased and will need in future are better explained with diagram. Skipping those diagrams is certainly not a option for me. The diagrams are black and white / monochrome color.
Yes it supports diagrams. Btw it also supports comics if you are a fan :D

Yes it supports diagrams. Btw it also supports comics if you are a fan :D
Nope, i am not a book reader like others over here. Can only spare time to read books which are helpful for my profession. I have never preferred reading during leisure time. Whatever little the leisure time is i have always opted to use it for outing with family, going at the gym, attending nets and playing the odd 20 or 40 overs cricket match rather than reading non-professional books. Maybe i will use kindle after retirement for reading non-professional books or the fiction and other types. Also, i hope that if i purchase kindle version of books i can transfer it from one kindle to another in case i need to replace it whenever the need arises. Guess product developers have that much common sense, but still better to ask.

Nope, i am not a book reader like others over here. Can only spare time to read books which are helpful for my profession. I have never preferred reading during leisure time. Whatever little the leisure time is i have always opted to use it for outing with family, going at the gym, attending nets and playing the odd 20 or 40 overs cricket match rather than reading non-professional books. Maybe i will use kindle after retirement for reading non-professional books or the fiction and other types. Also, i hope that if i purchase kindle version of books i can transfer it from one kindle to another in case i need to replace it whenever the need arises. Guess product developers have that much common sense, but still better to ask.
:nice: Yeah you can transfer books from one kindle to another.

BTW I just remembered about the new kindles when Holysmoke mentioned. So I suggest you wait a bit because if, as rumored, the new Kindle is launched on June 18th, then the price of Kindle Paperwhite should fall soon.

:nice: Yeah you can transfer books from one kindle to another.
Thanks for sharing information which has helped me with this purchase. I purchased the Kindle paperwhite for INR 10000 at local electronic retail megastore. Comes with manual and USB cable for charging the device. Amazon has it listed for about 1000 more. Also, gettign to feel various models was a key factor as i had never used Kindle before. On the visit to the store i realized that the basic model won't work in dark room (bed time). Navigation also seemed to be easier in touchscreen in the paperwhite model as compared to the basic one which i had initially planned to buy. The strain on eyes was negligible as comapred to reading on SP or Computer. Also, the lack of backlit meant no distraction from the test. Setting up of WIFI was as simple as one would want. Had to reset my Amazon password and once that was done i could link this Kindle to my Amazon account. Got a sample download of a book i need to purchase. Found that reading on Kindle was much better than on SP or computer. Glad that i bought this device considering i am wary of getting on my first spectacle. The other advantage to me is that i like reading while sleeping and this being too light, i may actually end up reading more due to the convenience factor.Also being portable and able to store multiple books will help a lot. Overall from the very little time i have spent on this device, i would rate it as one of the best productive use gadget in the market. Also hygenic considering there wa hardly any stress on eyes However, it's better to manage eyes well by taking rests in between reading time rather than hoping that Amazons e-ink technology will manage the eyes well. Looking for a protective case now and any other software like Calibre which i need to install.

Thanks for sharing information which has helped me with this purchase. I purchased the Kindle paperwhite for INR 10000 at local electronic retail megastore. Comes with manual and USB cable for charging the device. Amazon has it listed for about 1000 more. Also, gettign to feel various models was a key factor as i had never used Kindle before. On the visit to the store i realized that the basic model won't work in dark room (bed time). Navigation also seemed to be easier in touchscreen in the paperwhite model as compared to the basic one which i had initially planned to buy. The strain on eyes was negligible as comapred to reading on SP or Computer. Also, the lack of backlit meant no distraction from the test. Setting up of WIFI was as simple as one would want. Had to reset my Amazon password and once that was done i could link this Kindle to my Amazon account. Got a sample download of a book i need to purchase. Found that reading on Kindle was much better than on SP or computer. Glad that i bought this device considering i am wary of getting on my first spectacle. The other advantage to me is that i like reading while sleeping and this being too light, i may actually end up reading more due to the convenience factor.Also being portable and able to store multiple books will help a lot. Overall from the very little time i have spent on this device, i would rate it as one of the best productive use gadget in the market. Also hygenic considering there wa hardly any stress on eyes However, it's better to manage eyes well by taking rests in between reading time rather than hoping that Amazons e-ink technology will manage the eyes well. Looking for a protective case now and any other software like Calibre which i need to install.
Good decision :) Yeah...my reading has also increased since I got the kindle mainly because its so convenient. For the case check out Ebay or Flipkart. And for the softwares, just google them and you will find links...

Ipad mini retina >>>> Kindle. Period.
Have air and for reading books no way You cannot even read book in car or any sort of place with sun light and battery dies after few hours and screen after some time is hard to look at since it's back lit

Realized another great advantage of Kindle whitepaper over traditional book. As on very rare occasion, there was lack of electricity in our locality for about 10 minutes. I could still read the book on the Kindle. Noticed that some eBooks are as much as INR 1300 cheaper than the traditional version. The dictionary as well as wikipedia reference is excellent as well.

yeah I doubt im flying to seattle. BTW - Like the tip to Euler :two_thumbs_up:
reportedly Omron, a Japanese medical equipment maker is behind the 3d technology. I am excited for the new innovation in smartphones..Lets see if it clicks On Amazons 3d phone - amazons teaser video.. erUZQ9GK0sE ps: regarding euler, check the various interpretations on it.. :two_thumbs_up:

This Waterproof Kindle Paperwhite Is Humanity’s Greatest Achievement

Sometimes a device comes so close to being perfect that you’d be forgiven for not realizing that with just a single tweak, it can become, in actual fact, perfect. The Kindle Paperwhite is such a device, as an e-reader that Amazon has crafted so well that you pretty much never need look beyond for anything better. But while a regular book ends up with wrinkly pages after being caught in a surprise downpour on the beach, the Paperwhite fizzles – unless you get the Waterfi-treated Kindle Paperwhite. The Waterfi version is shipped in the original Kindle packaging without any outward appearance of having been modified. It looks and feels like a Kindle, albeit a slightly heavier version, and interacting with its touchscreen is the same as you’d find with an unmodified version. But because of Waterfi’s special treatment process, its Kindle Paperwhite is completely waterproof – submersible to above 200 feet in either fresh or salt water, for any length of time. That means it isn’t just splash resistant, though it is that too – you could literally go scuba diving and sit on the ocean floor (in more shallow waters) and read “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea,” if you had a hankering to do so. Or you could read in the bath; or at the swim-up bar at your favorite Caribbean all-inclusive resort; or in the inflatable kiddie pool you set up in your backyard to escape the summer heat. I showered with mine, and I was able to read pretty well so long as I didn’t hold it directly under the spray from the shower head, which triggers touch responses. I also put it in a bowl of water completely submerged and left it for three whole days, after which it came out working good as new. I’m convinced you could store this Kindle underwater for a month and you’d still have some reading time thanks to the long-lasting battery – imagine clearing up drawer space by storing Kindles in your toilet tank, so it’s ready right when you need it. There are good arguments for making any and all electronics waterproof, but the Kindle Paperwhite, that travel and beach companion, is perhaps the number one candidate I can think of right now. For the Wi-Fi version (without ads) it’ll cost you $239.99, or $299.99 for the 3G-capable edition, so that means you’re paying $120 over and above the current price at the low end, but it really is like giving your Kindle superpowers, and it’s hard to put a dollar value on the added convenience of that.
http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/20/this-waterproof-kindle-paperwhite-is-humanitys-greatest-achievement/ http://waterfi.com/waterproof-kindle Amazon should definitely make the next Kindle waterproof.