Eden Gardens Empty

Stuge

SRK and KKR management announced they are slashing ticket prices for the next home game so that the stadium could be full .....they were alarmed by the lack of interest in the last match....:haha:
:giggle:
but u gotta admire the loyalty
I think we could expect the same from Mumbaikars if Sachin wasn't picked for Mumbai
They have reduced the ticket rates at Kolkata and that Srk is now trying to be an angel by saying the win was for SCG and he wants to win ipl for him and how he has invited him to watch the KKR games.
I can't understand how they couldn't understand this in the first place. Anyone off the street could have told him that

They have reduced the ticket rates at Kolkata and that Srk is now trying to be an angel by saying the win was for SCG and he wants to win ipl for him and how he has invited him to watch the KKR games.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

SRK said that with his tongue placed firmly in his cheek. :giggle:

Even last year during the IPL many KKR matches were played in front of not more than 20-25000 people despite Eden having a capacity of only 40,000 (due to the WC related renovation). So to have about 30,000 for the first match isn't a bad start. Expect the number to go up as the team starts to do well which they will with Lee and Shakib and a few other international players joining them for the next match onwards. .

Even last year during the IPL many KKR matches were played in front of not more than 20-25000 people despite Eden having a capacity of only 40,000 (due to the WC related renovation). So to have about 30,000 for the first match isn't a bad start. Expect the number to go up as the team starts to do well which they will with Lee and Shakib and a few other international players joining them for the next match onwards. .
Where did you get that Figure from? It looked much more Filled up, than what it is Now. From the TV Viewers , It looked like 1000-2000, Leter I came to know it was 30k.

ABP Reported. Bengali Daily' date=' I still have the Pictures, But you must know Bengali to read them.[/quote'] I remember reading somewhere Dada saying that "I will play for KKR till retirement from IPL". Not sure when he said this though, Could have been sometime back.

I remember reading somewhere Dada saying that "I will play for KKR till retirement from IPL". Not sure when he said this though' date=' Could have been sometime back.[/quote'] Actually it was Just before the Auction when he wasnt retained by KKR.

I dont remember Eden Gardens ever being full to the 100,000 capacity for an IPL game. About SRK :hehe: I dont think he had much options, 1. Either keep Ganguly, get the crowd on his side. 2. Or get a new captain and build a new team around him, thereby losing support. What he could have done is after the purchase of his top players, Gambhir, Pathan etc, have a mercy bid on Ganguly. Then roped him in for a mentor role next season. In that way he could have kept Ganguly happy and even got the fans on his side.

Obviously he would reject the role of a mentor once he went unsold, he put his name in the auction as a player and on not being selected was insulted. From Ganguly's perspective he shouldnt have had his name in the auction, if he had even the slightest of idea of him not being selected.

Obviously he would reject the role of a mentor once he went unsold, he put his name in the auction as a player and on not being selected was insulted. From Ganguly's perspective he shouldnt have had his name in the auction, if he had even the slightest of idea of him not being selected.
His base price was also too high IMO.

And if SRK really wanted to have him as a mentor why not inform him in advance and why wait till after the auction, ofcourse the management would have thought about it. They obviously underestimated the situation of Ganguly in Bengal and are now paying the price.

And if SRK really wanted to have him as a mentor why not inform him in advance and why wait till after the auction, ofcourse the management would have thought about it. They obviously underestimated the situation of Ganguly in Bengal and are now paying the price.
Thats what im also saying didnt he did the same thing in S.A when he didnt said who will be the skipper then when they came back to India he said DADA will be the captain.