Jaidev Unadkat is the real deal

falcons360

Speed guns messed up. His actually fast delivery was 134 when he bowled steyn. 142 was just an error not real
The speed guns aren't wrong. Jaidev Unadkat can bowl 142 in a 4 over spell but doing the same in a test match requires stamina, which most of the indian pacers lack. And hence the 120s we saw there.

He can at the best be ODI bowler but dont think he has stamina for test bowling.
I agree..... unadket he is too weak for a fast bowler...does not have the strength and physique for it. thats why i feel so angry they shud see the basics also, umesh is good has good action and physique,, train him , declare him as international level and then train him harder. indian selectors need to decide their 5 to 6 fast bowlers and train them hard under capable Guru's like wasim and/or eric simmons and see how they progress. it is no use to train weak links like nehra, MUNAF, Jaydev Unadket ,even praveen Kumar , Vinay Kumar etc, these guys are not international class and training them will definitely improve them but not make them international class. Just See nehra .. he is a good bowler , a great bowler when he is at full pace ??? but when is he at full PACE...he does not have a Body which can withstand the torture a fast bowler has to bear. Where as Sreesanth or Umesh Yadav are tough NUts , i dont know about Varun but he also seems a tough guy...Agit agarkar had great Talent but bcos he had a soft physique , he could not achieve much in international cricket... support guys who are strong ENUF...fast bowling is the toughest part of cricket , it is not easy , it does not mean just swinging a piece of wood( Batting).. it requires energy , it requires fitness , it requires rhythm it requires great Skills

I agree..... unadket he is too weak for a fast bowler...does not have the strength and physique for it. thats why i feel so angry they shud see the basics also, umesh is good has good action and physique,, train him , declare him as international level and then train him harder. indian selectors need to decide their 5 to 6 fast bowlers and train them hard under capable Guru's like wasim and/or eric simmons and see how they progress. it is no use to train weak links like nehra, MUNAF, Jaydev Unadket ,even praveen Kumar , Vinay Kumar etc, these guys are not international class and training them will definitely improve them but not make them international class. Just See nehra .. he is a good bowler , a great bowler when he is at full pace ??? but when is he at full PACE...he does not have a Body which can withstand the torture a fast bowler has to bear. Where as Sreesanth or Umesh Yadav are tough NUts , i dont know about Varun but he also seems a tough guy...Agit agarkar had great Talent but bcos he had a soft physique , he could not achieve much in international cricket... support guys who are strong ENUF...fast bowling is the toughest part of cricket , it is not easy , it does not mean just swinging a piece of wood( Batting).. it requires energy , it requires fitness , it requires rhythm it requires great Skills

The BCCI need not discriminate between bowlers on the basis of 'size'. The bowlers who have a size and stamina advantage need to show that in their performance. By the way Unadkat is just 19 so he can still be expected to better his speeds and stamina, but still doesnt have the looks of a test bowler.

Unadkat did bowl consistently in the high 130s during the u-19 WC last year. Not sure why he cannot bowl at around 135 consistently. For those of you dissing him for his debut test performance, remember how Ishant and Sreesanth were bowling in the same test? Both were struggling to hit 132-133 despite years of experience. With Unadkat, as many said back then he wasnlt ready for top flight cricket. He is still young, needs to bulk up a little and continue to develop futher. No reason why he cannot play for India in the future.

its not just pace..in that test he didn't look like he can swing the ball to save his life, Even Mohanty would've done a better job in that SA test.. there are similar young turks beneath the Sofa.. Sangwan is another one.
Even Sreesanth didnt swing any ball in that test. Sangwan is better than Unadkat, I feel who has natural swinging action.

Even Sreesanth didnt swing any ball in that test. Sangwan is better than Unadkat' date=' I feel who has natural swinging action.[/quote'] i agree unadket is weak as well and has less scope to grow as a faster pacer i feel sanghwan may become better... can anybody tell me DD has paid huge money for umesh yadav ( indian bowler) and is not playing him and Varun aroon.. why r they playing average spinnners like nadeem ahead of these pacers.. these fast bowlers. this is CRAZY