Paul Valthaty

hari504504

Guest tekno
I can already foresee Bhambis racking up moneybags to lure this guy' date=' like they have done to rayudu and Suman.[/quote'] Suman, the DC opener who was a regular, went for Mumbai as well and is now serving the drinks or sitting on the bench. Oh well, atleast he gets to share a dressing room with Tendulkar

^^Then he has surely made a foolish decision. Any player with even a ounce of brain would prefer to be in middle of action' date=' rather than being a drinks boy to a legend.[/quote'] Ideally he should have gone to Punjab XI. A key weapon for Gilly. Not sure Sangakkara would have given the same preference to this dude.

He mentioned in the post-match interview that he got an eye injury during his U-19 world cup for India in 2002 which derailed his career which he has been trying to regain since. I just checked the U-19 world cup team in 2002 and he was there with Irfan, Parthiv, Bisla, Mohnish Mishra, Stuart Binny etc. in that team http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_IND-U19-SQUAD.html So, he was not telling lies it seems. It seems we lost the semis in the SA U-19 world cup and it is quite interesting that present SA stars like Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla, Ryan McLaren and Davy Jacobs were in their U-19 team. :woot: http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_RSA-U19-SQUAD.html And the U-19 world cup was won by Australia that year. And the squad members in the Aussie U-19 squad included Cameron White, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Daniel Christian, George Bailey, Calum Ferguson, Ben Hilfenhaus and Nathan Rimmington. Interesting. :woot: http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_AUS-U19-SQUAD.html
Gareme SMith was in UN19 WC 2000 team, not in 2002, which was held in SL and we won t that where Yuvraj had flourished.

Don't brand me racist, but his last name makes me wonder if his origins are from Kerala. Agreed, he was born and brought up in Mumbai, but his family might be based off Kerala. This particular thought was given more ground when he reserved a 'special hug' for Abhishek Nayar amongst all his team-mates. Nayar as we know is a famous Malayalee last name, and he too was based off Mumbai... EDIT: I did want to look up about this on Wikipedia, but apparently the dude isn't that famous enough to warrant a Wikipedia entry yet.. :P

Thanks for the insightful read. From the 'Nayar' Wiki :
Nair is from the southern region of Kerala and is spelled "Nair"(not with a 'y') and is therefore, NOT the same.
However, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhishek_Nayar :
Abhishek was born in Secundarabad to Keralite immigrants Mohan Nair and Lekha Nair. His parents were originally from Neyyattinkara in Kerala.
Therefore, my point still stands.

very good knock , but all pace bowlers were full length medium pacers which was his strength no one tested him with quick bouncer had too many edges Didn't seem good enough to not play for india
He played a good pull shot in the starting!

not a nice comment! its clear he had problems through which his career stalled.. talent can get easily lost in our current system ...nepotism minded morons like niranjan shah and shivlal yadav do not help either for people that made it (like sharath in ranji and aashish/badani/kumaran in ODI's), there are those who didn't make it and could have if luck worked out differently this is just one of more such stories!
But there are so many potential players who come out of the IPL but perform miserably on the international level, that its hard to consider such players a long term potential for the Indian side

But there are so many potential players who come out of the IPL but perform miserably on the international level' date=' that its hard to consider such players a long term potential for the Indian side[/quote'] but I don't see any player who played for India just because of IPL..Can You name?