Sathya Sai Baba passes away

nballa

Don't see a point going after this dead bloke, other than if at all to introspect why as a society we tend to allow people like him to prosper. He fiddled with the system, did a bit of sexual debauchery and social good in equal measures, and died a rich man. He was certainly not godly, but the trust he's set up has the potential to fund some hopefully necessary initiatives.

So his philanthropy is atonement for his (alleged) pedophilia and fraudulent miracles? :hysterical:
No, no, the pedophilia business is a totally different thing; totally unforgivable if true. As to the miracles, they are not a good thing certainly, but at the end of the day if it makes a wealthy man part with some of his money for good causes - big assumption that there is no self-enrichment going on here! - then one can maybe excuse some less than honourable means taken to achieve it. Miracles have been cynically used for ages to propagate causes, but somehow it seems sathya sai baba is more vilified than most, for it. Mohammed's overnight journey to and from Jerusalem, Jesus' bringing sight to the bliind, these things don't seem to be questioned quite as much! I wonder why.

i did not know that there were deaths... i did know about accusations of sexual misconduct, but molestation charges are news to me. nevertheless, it would be impossible to know the truth, now or even then. he has considerable clout with some of the most powerful big wigs, he would have been insulated from anything, if anything had come of it. but its convenient to say that now is it not? if an accusation is made against a public figure and it turns out to be nothing, why are we quick to simply state that the matter has been brushed under the rug? there is the remarkable possibility that its a false claim? do you recall the duke lacrosse team in the early 2000s and the false accusation of rape against them? its hardly comparable, but that instance does come to mind.
I honestly believe, not just in India, but anywhere in the world if the accused is a common man then the benefit of doubt goes to the common man, but if the accused is a celebrity or some such the benefit of doubt should not go to them but to the accusers. The reason being if they want to clear their name they have resources to go to any extent legally to get it cleared, if they dont do that for whatever reason, I suspect them (maybe iam very cynical and jaded but thats how I see it). And secondly behaviorally if a person cons people for a living (at least in his initial stages that would have been his only goal), I would tend to side with the accusers against him. In other words the burden of proof shifts to that person to prove he is innocent not the other way around. Let me ask you a question, based on what factor, would you give the benefit of doubt to the baba ? (not a legal question, but more of a personal question.)

I honestly believe, not just in India, but anywhere in the world if the accused is a common man then the benefit of doubt goes to the common man, but if the accused is a celebrity or some such the benefit of doubt should not go to them but to the accusers. The reason being if they want to clear their name they have resources to go to any extent legally to get it cleared, if they dont do that for whatever reason, I suspect them (maybe iam very cynical and jaded but thats how I see it). And secondly behaviorally if a person cons people for a living (at least in his initial stages that would have been his only goal), I would tend to side with the accusers against him. In other words the burden of proof shifts to that person to prove he is innocent not the other way around. Let me ask you a question, based on what factor, would you give the benefit of doubt to the baba ? (not a legal question, but more of a personal question.)
It's straightforward - none of these Baba bhakts would have sent their kid or nephew into a closed room with him for hours. If Baba was such a benevolent character they should have readily agreed to it.

It's straightforward - none of these Baba bhakts would have sent their kid or nephew into a closed room with him for hours. If Baba was such a benevolent character they should have readily agreed to it.
Shwetabh check out the documentary I posted, they actually did send their children

Shwetabh check out the documentary I posted' date=' they actually did send their children[/quote'] Can't watch the video right now, but I was referring to the posters out here who are defending the sexual allegations against him by taking cop outs like the courts did not find him guilty.

Can't watch the video right now' date=' but I was referring to the posters out here who are defending the sexual allegations against him by taking cop outs like the courts did not find him guilty.[/quote']Yes people should not take the verdict of the courts into account but go by some web postings and personal opinions of some pseudo intellects on cricket oriented forums. Nice.

Yes people should not take the verdict of the courts into account but go by some web postings and personal opinions of some pseudo intellects on cricket oriented forums. Nice.
COVER PAGE OF INDIA TODAY in year 2000. That was the time when India today was one of the most respected and read news magazine, way before the heydays of TOI and shyte. http://www.india-today.com/itoday/20001204/cover4.shtml "Some web posting" :hysterical::hysterical:

It's not easy to take hugely "connected" fake godmen like Sathya Baba (will not call him Sai, he's not worth it) to courts in India.. If he got implicated then that will put to shame many politicians and other celebrities who had washed his feet and drank the dirty water..

He was certainly not godly' date=' [b']but the trust he's set up has the potential to fund some hopefully necessary initiatives.
Indeed and the trust did more to some areas than the govt. ever did to them. The man left behind between 40,000 - 150,000 crores in the trust to be spent without siphoning them to his personal friends or family before his demise. Goes on show the intent. For nothing accomplished people from all walks of life chose him to be their spiritual guru and visited him during their tough times to draw inspiration and regain inner calm.

Looks like those preaching against personal abuse, now have started stooping lower even by their own already low standards by bringing in one's kids into the picture. Guess that's the moral value taught by Atheism. (THX no offense to you).

Yo suck on this for a while, biatch. COVER PAGE OF INDIA TODAY in year 2000. That was the time when India today was one of the most respected and read news magazine, way before the heydays of TOI and shyte. http://www.india-today.com/itoday/20001204/cover4.shtml "Some web posting" :hysterical::hysterical:
Now that we got that out of way each time people talk of Sai Baba trust's good deeds I expect you to read that article of accusations on him and get some gratification.

Looks like those preaching against personal abuse, now have started stooping lower even by their own already low standards by bringing in one's kids into the picture. Guess that's the moral value taught by Atheism.
Firstly I am not an atheist. Secondly, I realize I went overboard by dragging some innocent kid into the discussion even though replying to someone who did and have edited my post duly. Thirdly, where were you when THX was threatening my relatives with his big penis yesterday?

Now that we got that out of way each time people talk of Sai Baba trust's good deeds I expect you to read that article of accusations on him and get some gratification.
So you ignored india today link ? :dontknow: Churches all over do whole lot of good, but half of the priests are ****ing kids left, right and centre. Babaji went one step further. If Baba was in USA, he would be getting anally raped in a federal prison at age 50.

Secondly' date=' I realize I went overboard by dragging some innocent kid into the discussion even though replying to someone who did and have edited my post duly.[/quote']Thanks for the cover up. You got rattled when the shoe is on the other foot. Hope you understand that. Easy to be preachy on a online forum. Got it.

Firstly I am not an atheist. Secondly, I realize I went overboard by dragging some innocent kid into the discussion even though replying to someone who did and have edited my post duly. Thirdly, where were you when THX was threatening my relatives with his big penis yesterday?
Ok, you have a history of mocking Hindu GODs on this forum in the past, may be you have converted since. You are the one who brought one's kids into the thread by challenging me specifically, hence he asked you to answer your own question. Regarding THX, I can ask you the same question right here. Where are you when PK is bringing a poster's mom into the picture? You and THX were both going at each other and it looked like there was prior history, so I decided to stay out as I was specifically asked to do so by Gunner in the past when he and another poster were cursing each other left right and center.