Going to India this Sunday for 10 weeks

Don

Don, if you find yourself wandering in Delhi really late into the night(around 3-4 am) and can't find a place to eat, go to ComeSum near Nizamuddin. Awesome joint that's open 24 hrs. And for South Indian food in Delhi, look no further than Sagar. It's got more than 50 outlets in Delhi. :top:

Thats a extremely handy tip Gambit bhai thanks. I was wondering about the south indian restraunts, now i know it thanks mate. Shwetabh, some help on Himalayan trekking. My dad inquired a bit round there seems to be millions of routes coming from kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Nepal, tibet etc. I honestly dont know which one would be the best for me. Ideally i m looking for 10 days straight of trekking 10 km every day in spectacular Himalayan backdrop (hell, through the himlayas as well) with beautiful river streams. Camping in middle of nowhere, bonfires. Ocassional scrambling and climbing in the local mounties etc. ANy suggestions will be extremely helpful !

Don, there are several wonderful routes I have done in Himachal, Kashmir, and UP. One very popular and basic trek is to the Pindari and Kafni glaciers in UP. IIRC its around a 8-10 round trip trek but I think its going to be a bit hot at the lower altitudes for that one this time of the year and with the monsoon coming soon you might get rained on a lot. Though, once you cross 3000 m the weather should be fine. Given the time of the year you are going at the best options would be high altitude treks in the Lahaul and Spiti valley ie. after crossing Rohtang. Once you cross Rohtang, the weather dries out so its the ideal place for trekking during the monsoon season and it will be really cool and pleasant as well. My recommendation would be to go for the Barasgri glacier trek. It starts from Keylong which is around a 4 hour drive north from Manali over the Rohtang pass. I dont remember the names of the other places enroute but you'll go through Gramphu which has a rich Tibetan culture and in around 3-4 days, depending on your speed you will reach the base camp of the glacier. Then you will trek across a few more glaciers over a pass and into the Manikaran valley finishing the journey at Manikaran in another 5-6 days. If you are short on time I think there is an option to drive to Gramphu and start from there but I would recommend going to Keylong. Its a wonderful place. You should be clear of the rains for most part of this route but take care to go slow because you will be at altitudes greater than 5000 m for around half the journey and will need to acclimatize. There are another couple of routes I can think of for the 10 day journey you have in mind like there is one from Dharamsala to Keylong over the Dhauladar mountains traversing part of the Kangra valley and back up and over to Keylong. Its around a 10-12 day trip IIRC and its at a much lower altitude for most part. If you are going to Leh, there are several routes which you can take into the high altitude desert which will give you a wonderful influence of Tibetan culture. Some of the monastries are outstanding. As for Nepal and Tibet, I have no idea but I am sure there are some wonderful treks there as well.

Don' date=' if you find yourself wandering in Delhi really late into the night(around 3-4 am) and can't find a place to eat, go to ComeSum near Nizamuddin. Awesome joint that's open 24 hrs. And for South Indian food in Delhi, look no further than Sagar. It's got more than 50 outlets in Delhi. :top:[/quote'] Banana Leaf in Connaught Place (forgot which side though !) and Sanskriti in Janak Puri's District Center (past the cinema hall, up the stairs) are good, affordable joints for those who want traditional, southie vegetarian food.

Predator, what will you take to remove that smiley from your signature?:angry_smile: After I am done reading your post, I end up wondering why the fack is this dude laughing?:haha:
err...$120 Relax yaar - the little dude is laughing WITH you, not AT you. :wink_smile:

Ah wats Bade HS? Thanks so much Shwetabh that was godsend info. Wud be really useful when i m choosing my route. Cheers bud. Predz and Gambit i reckon now i know all the best places in Delhi to eat hi quality food cheers! Rajeev reckon i will jus have to go into the deep end to findout eh. Thanks anyhow for the info. Cheers guys u've been really helpful!

My summary which im going to print and keep with me. I shall post pics of me when i come back as a proof that i followed u guys advice!!! Bombay Clubs – Polly Esther, Enigma, Squeeze, Poison, Club at JW Mariott in Bandra (for celebrities) Restaurants – Stomach for Chinese (suburbs), Bombay Blues (chain store) for cholley bhature and Nachos. Worli seaface for Wadapau. Pav Bhaji nearest Shiv Saga, for authentic go to "Sardar" at tardeo (guy invented pav bhaji) Shopping Malls – Inorbit Western Ghats Rent a car and go from bombay to pune.. the expressway in the monsoons will be a sight to behold... superb.. once in pune.. go to koregaon park and chitle bandhu Delhi Shopping Malls - Roam around in Connaught Place. It is soooo soothing plus you get to see amazing babes there. Restaurants- You can catch the metro to Chandni Chowk from where you can get a rickshaw to Karim's. If you eat non vegetarian food, you HAVE to go there. It is amazing. Also try mughali food in Pandara Market. Khan's kebabs in Khan Market. Best kebabs in New Delhi, IMO. You will get your money's worth every single time. It's called Khan Chacha. Locating it for a first timer might be a bit difficult though seeing as it's situated in one of the bylanes of Khan Market. The kebab is simply outstanding. Nothing beats their mutton seekh roll. Melts in your mouth. if you find yourself wandering in Delhi really late into the night(around 3-4 am) and can't find a place to eat, go to ComeSum near Nizamuddin. Awesome joint that's open 24 hrs. And for South Indian food in Delhi, look no further than Sagar. It's got more than 50 outlets in Delhi Banana Leaf in Connaught Place (forgot which side though !) and Sanskriti in Janak Puri's District Center (past the cinema hall, up the stairs) are good, affordable joints for those who want traditional, southie vegetarian food. Clubs - . If you want to partaaayyyy, then go to Climax. The best club in Delhi. G. B road(eyewink) Himalayan Trekking One very popular and basic trek is to the Pindari and Kafni glaciers in UP. IIRC its around a 8-10 round trip trek but I think its going to be a bit hot at the lower altitudes for that one this time of the year and with the monsoon coming soon you might get rained on a lot. Though, once you cross 3000 m the weather should be fine. Given the time of the year you are going at the best options would be high altitude treks in the Lahaul and Spiti valley ie. after crossing Rohtang. Once you cross Rohtang, the weather dries out so its the ideal place for trekking during the monsoon season and it will be really cool and pleasant as well. My recommendation would be to go for the Barasgri glacier trek. It starts from Keylong which is around a 4 hour drive north from Manali over the Rohtang pass. I dont remember the names of the other places enroute but you'll go through Gramphu which has a rich Tibetan culture and in around 3-4 days, depending on your speed you will reach the base camp of the glacier. Then you will trek across a few more glaciers over a pass and into the Manikaran valley finishing the journey at Manikaran in another 5-6 days. If you are short on time I think there is an option to drive to Gramphu and start from there but I would recommend going to Keylong. Its a wonderful place. You should be clear of the rains for most part of this route but take care to go slow because you will be at altitudes greater than 5000 m for around half the journey and will need to acclimatize. There are another couple of routes I can think of for the 10 day journey you have in mind like there is one from Dharamsala to Keylong over the Dhauladar mountains traversing part of the Kangra valley and back up and over to Keylong. Its around a 10-12 day trip IIRC and its at a much lower altitude for most part. If you are going to Leh, there are several routes which you can take into the high altitude desert which will give you a wonderful influence of Tibetan culture. Some of the monastries are outstanding. General Tips go to the local subway, local pizza hut, local kfc, etc.. you will be surprised at what all they have.. subway will have a tandoori paneer sub with mint chutney.. mcdonalds will have a aloo tikki burger.. pizza hut has this amazing pizza.. (maybe it is smokin joes).. instead of marinara, they put tikka sauce.. with paneer on top.. and green chillies with coriander.. tastes like heaven.. also, try the nazza.. its a mixture of pizza and naan Have bottled water. Cannot stress this enough get some music from the himalayas.. If they don't let you in 'Stag", tell them you have a blind date inside