Christian/White over Steyn?

julianlev

I usually don't complain when captains make odd selection choices, as it often works out just as planned and even when it doesn't it shows that the captain is at least experimenting with his team to get the best result. But in a match which DC really needed to win, the selection of Daniel Christian/Cameron White over Dale Steyn simply baffles me. Up against one of the strongest batting lineups in the tournament, Sanga leaves out one of his best strike bowlers and instead opts for an all rounder who has yet to really impress, and a batter who is clearly out of form. The result was, let's be honest, predictable, White failed again in the batting department, not to mention dropping a simple catch, and Christian fared badly in both his roles. This wouldn't really bug me, except for the fact that this was a game which DC really needed to win, and was against high quality opposition Such matches are not always the best times to "keep the faith" in underperforming players at the expense of others who have performed. Just my opinion, and feel free to think differently, but I can't help but wonder how this game might have ended differently had Sanga just gone with the formula that worked so well in the last match. :hatsoff:

what about duminy?
what about him? he came in at the end, hit some good fours, and went out for 17 off 11, which isn't too bad for a guy who's missed the last few matches I don't know why he was played down the order, he's not a massive hitter like Albie, so expecting him to play that role, especially after missing the last few matches and being out of touch, is pointless in my opinion he acquitted himself well

Duminy sucks big time man. I have seen him do the same few times. He is not a finisher by any means. White is in horrible form. Sanga has to realize. In T20 form is very important. Sanga himself is not a great T20 player . Duminy is not a finisher. Christian is the only big hitter since White is out of form. So having Steyn is important. Steyn and Ishant hunt in pack. They bowl well when they bowl together.

I is a saffers? Me never knew that! more importantly, what bearing does that have on my argument, are you saying that White or Christian performed better than Duminy?
you should know that duminy replaces steyn today. why you always take saf players side ? :hmmmm2:

duminy a big chokers player :dc: have
Ok, I'm taking this up In what way did Duminy choke? He came in at a time when DC were already far behind the required rate, and was getting very little support from the other end He did exactly what he would have been expected to do, try to hit as many boundaries as possible His final figures were 17 off 11, which are not "choking" figures In the end, he got out in a far more respectable manner than Sanga or Sunny, trying to hit big to take his team over the line And like I said before, he's not a natural finisher, in SA he usually plays up at four or five And also like I said, he was clearly out of practice having missed the last few matches Sorry to disappoint, but just because he's a saffer doesn't mean you can throw on the "chokers" tag

Why would you rest your biggest weapon for a game against one of the toughest opponents, at a stage when every win in is like goldust? And keep in mind, Sanga will leave this time with 4 games left to go in the league phase. So, it was all the more important that DC pocketed as many wins as possible.

you should know that duminy replaces steyn today. why you always take saf players side ? :hmmmm2:
That's my point, why did he replace Steyn and not White/Christian? I take "saf players side" when I feel the criticism of them is unwarranted, as your's is