You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

It was Flop Show.. Plus on Thursdays Dekh Bhai dekh and Zabaan Sambhalke used to come.. I think Tehkikaat on Tuesdays and Byomkesh Bakshi on Monday (not sure)
People at that time were absolutely crazy about Shaktimaan...............I hated it :puke: There were a few other fantasy type of shows on DD but I don't remember the name. They usually came on Sunday mornings and were fantastic. Also Bournvita Quiz Contest :adore: :adore:

Mangolia stamps FTW :ohyeah: Losers used to buy fresh stamps from stationery instead of collecting them :hehe:
All Mangolia stamps were fake, didnt even have a postmark :hehe: Stupid kids at my school used to think they are valuable because they looked fresh and minted.

People at that time were absolutely crazy about Shaktimaan...............I hated it :puke: There were a few other fantasy type of shows on DD but I don't remember the name. They usually came on Sunday mornings and were fantastic. Also Bournvita Quiz Contest :adore: :adore:
Bournvita was great... I took part in it too.. came 16th... Top 12 teams went to the TV round. :sniffle: There was a maggi quiz at school too, it didnt come on TV though.

Rewind a bit back in 80's when NRI used to be called "American-Return"' date= interestingly, people from dubai started calling themselves NRI too which was kinda funny
I think it was "Foreign Return" :hmmm2: My dad tells me there was this guy in the locality who went to US to study in the 70s and when he came back to India, people would point at him and say "woh dekho Foreign Return jaa raha hai" :giggle:

ya you're right.. I lost mine when it was new and got in big trouble at home :((
I used to lose a pencil everyday , my mom eventually got tired of it & started cutting them into 3-4 pieces and would give me one piece each day. :hysterical:

Rewind a bit back in 80's when NRI used to be called "American-Return"' date=' interestingly, people from dubai started calling themselves NRI too which was kinda funny[/quote'] Ya mom tells me how 'amreeki return' were greeeted with garlands unkey mahaulley mein:giggle:

I used to lose a pencil everyday ' date= my mom eventually got tired of it & started cutting them into 3-4 pieces and would give me one piece each day. :hysterical:
there used to be huge fights in school everyday about lost pencils, rubbers, rulers etc :hysterical: and best part in school fights was "isne mera tiffin kha liya" :whine: