Should gurus and babas lead political campaigns?

1983-2011

I agree with Beetle that this Ramdev guy has actually created an unnecessary distraction just because he is an attention-*****. He tried to take some credit during Anna Hazare's fast but was ignored and hence planned for his own "show". He's actually helping the Govt. in distracting people's attention away from the core issues. Hope he fades away but given the attention-***** this joker is, he'll keep on trying to "cash in" on this emotive and important issue and end up helping the Govt. and politicians at large in creating a distraction.

Guest Gunner
Thanks guys ..I guess everyone has the same frustration in them right now. People expect a leader or a messiah to suddenly drop from the sky to lead us to cleanse our nation of these scumbags, Its just wishful thinking. Gunner had pointed it out rightly above. We all have to look for inspiration within ourselves, and most of us have those moments in our life when we feel the need to do something to change the system like when we go abroad and see a whole new world that humans are capable of. Some of these countries dont even have the history and heritage that our great country has.. The Political class has the ammo right now as according to them, its just Anna Hazare and to an extent Baba Ramdev leading the agitation and more importantly the world media is portraying it that way as well. So the political class tries to tarnish them by hook or crook (am not saying Ramdev is a saint) If the agitation realises its full potential of a genuine mass movement across the country, I am sure the politicians will be taught a lesson that they wont dare forget. P.S..Yes, I dont live in India right now, but I care about my country more than some of the so called pure desis do. Someone said " You dont realise the true beauty of Earth unless you step out of it into outer space"..Similarly you dont realise the true potential of our country unless you go abroad...
Thank you for understanding what I have been trying to say in 60 posts and people kept rutting the same crap.

Guest Gunner
Yeah ramdev is rubbish etc etc. But he is not an elected politicna and is not in power. So what he personally wants to do is his businness. But the govt are ours and they are not and have not tackled the issue or want to do. Ramdev and others are required to keep pushing the govt and stirring things up. The support Hazare, Ramdev and others are getting is not cos of them but simply that the issue of corruption is wanted to be tackled by the people and we are willing to jump on anyones bandwagon in trying to get something done. All kinds may come out against corruptioin from babas to goats. I will support them all if it means pushing the govt in to doing something. Cos lets get this straight the gove does not want to do anything as all politicians do not want to end the gravy train
That there is exactly the problem with these so called civil rights activists, quest for power without any accountability or responsibility. We are going to end up producing cult leaders and perverts leading large masses of people. This is what is going to happen. But unfortunately no one can save the large majority of Indians from the tribal mob mentality they manifest.

That there is exactly the problem with these so called civil rights activists' date=' quest for power without any accountability or responsibility. We are going to end up producing cult leaders and perverts leading large masses of people. This is what is going to happen. But unfortunately no one can save the large majority of Indians from the tribal mob mentality they manifest.[/quote'] What accountability? You dont have to follow him or like him or agree with him. Its up to him if he wants to say something and people want to gather to agree with him. As long as he is not breaking law , then any peaceful protests are fine. Dont undersdtand why you are up in arms about it. Its not the first time such protests have happened in India or around the world. In fact humanity is littered with protests since day dot. You act as if its never happened before. You have the right to say I disagree with his message but not to say he cant speak his views and that people cant agree with his views. If he wants to do fast in protest then up to him, he is not hurting anyone

That there is exactly the problem with these so called civil rights activists' date=' quest for power without any accountability or responsibility. We are going to end up producing cult leaders and perverts leading large masses of people. This is what is going to happen. But unfortunately no one can save the large majority of Indians from the tribal mob mentality they manifest.[/quote'] Totally agree... The likes of Ramdev can be very dangerous. Yesterday we saw how thi man put thousnds of people in danger while trying to save his ass. Till yesterday he was spewing venom against the corrupt govt ,toying with the ministers who were falling over each other in appeasing him,making deals with them and them going back on his words. Since the same govt has initiated crackdown on his empire ,he is singing a new tune today.He is not a man to be trusted with such power. When we stand behind someone,we give that person strength.If we stand behind such people we will have to be accountable for the monsters we create. I supported Anna Hazare and still do.I will never support this man because he is not trustworthy .

Guest Gunner
What accountability? You dont have to follow him or like him or agree with him. Its up to him if he wants to say something and people want to gather to agree with him. As long as he is not breaking law , then any peaceful protests are fine. Dont undersdtand why you are up in arms about it. Its not the first time such protests have happened in India or around the world. In fact humanity is littered with protests since day dot. You act as if its never happened before. You have the right to say I disagree with his message but not to say he cant speak his views and that people cant agree with his views. If he wants to do fast in protest then up to him, he is not hurting anyone
I asked this before, name a few successful revolutions. When I say successful I mean a great aftermath, a glorious post revolution history. Go ahead and name a few.

Totally agree... The likes of Ramdev can be very dangerous. Yesterday we saw how thi man put thousnds of people in danger while trying to save his ass. Till yesterday he was spewing venom against the corrupt govt ,toying with the ministers who were falling over each other in appeasing him,making deals with them and them going back on his words. Since the same govt has initiated crackdown on his empire ,he is singing a new tune today.He is not a man to be trusted with such power. When we stand behind someone,we give that person strength.If we stand behind such people we will have to be accountable for the monsters we create. I supported Anna Hazare and still do.I will never support this man because he is not trustworthy .
Absolutely Spot on. The man just knows to talk and do nothing. Its a shame that millions have fallen over and supported him in his anti-corruption agitation. But for a moment forget Baba Ramdev and his credibility, he is a media hogger and believes in over hyping things up and distorting public against the Government by abusing the Media power that he has. The uneducated class in India are more than the educated ones makes him a powerful leader, but the fact of the matter is that Baba Ramdev is not at all trustworthy as a leader. On one hand he says "I am not afraid of death" and on the other he uses Women to hide himself amongst them, this is truly ridiculous and the worse part is, the idiots supporting him cannot get a clue from this that he will use all the supporters for his work and once that is achieved, its Baba Ramdev all over I also feel that Anna Hazare Ji was far more realistic and flexible in his approach but this moron is nowhere near Anna Ji and he himself said it once that he was the one who uplifted Annaji but the fact is that he never joined hands with Anna Ji when he was fasting. This clearly shows how mean he is. I would not even for a second, trust this man or his words.

I supported Anna Hazare and still do.I will never support this man because he is not trustworthy .
Well you support Anna Hazare cause you find him trustworthy. What if someone else finds Ramdev trustworthy? My take on all this is, it is fine and actually great that people like Hazare and Ramdev are raising these issues. However, their contribution needs to stop there, not to the extent of injecting themselves into the specifics of laws and law making cause that is the job of the government, however inefficient they may be.

I asked this before' date=' name a few successful revolutions. When I say successful I mean a great aftermath, a glorious post revolution history. Go ahead and name a few.[/quote'] The independence through ghandhi. Do you object to his and otrhers protests at the time? Or should they have wrote letters to the British. Fight against aparthied in SA. Civil Rights movement through Martin Luther. Loads and Loads more. But hey they should have just worte letters and followed procedures at the time. When your leaders refuse to listen to the masses, then somtimes protest is the only way forward

Well you support Anna Hazare cause you find him trustworthy. What if someone else finds Ramdev trustworthy? My take on all this is, it is fine and actually great that people like Hazare and Ramdev are raising these issues. However, their contribution needs to stop there, not to the extent of injecting themselves into the specifics of laws and law making cause that is the job of the government, however inefficient they may be.
Totally agree. These pressure groups should just do that....build pressure.The only reason the govt had to take action as in the Lokpal issue is because the govt knows it has not done its job and because there is a crying need for the Lokpal bill .Hopefully any other govt with more credibility should be able to overcome unwarranted pressure.

Ramdev the pussy jumped amonst a group of girls to protect himself .The girls were told he wants to bless them personally so they surrounded him. Bloody shameless joker!He was ready to have a stampede rather than face arrest. I don't think we will ever see the likes of Anna Hazare wear womens clothing and hiding amongst women .This guy threw his women followers to the wolves to save his skin.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/cops-found-ramdev-dressed-as-a-woman-110243 The TV channles are playing this video multiple times. He dressed in a shalwar suit and was hiding among women

Guest Gunner
The independence through ghandhi. Do you object to his and otrhers protests at the time? Or should they have wrote letters to the British. Fight against aparthied in SA. Civil Rights movement through Martin Luther. Loads and Loads more. But hey they should have just worte letters and followed procedures at the time. When your leaders refuse to listen to the masses, then somtimes protest is the only way forward
You have no sense of what you are talking about: 1. Independence movement was against a foreign occupational power and your man was doing fasting whereas your other hero Bhagat Singh picked up the gun. Now honestly tell me in your mind whom did you support? 2. Fight against apartheid - What fight? louda. The whites gave up when they wanted to over a 100 years later. This is BS. 3. Civil rights movement - this is the only one I am willing to agree, it brought equality to a group of people. HOWEVER, they had a clear single point agenda i.e. end to racial seggregation. In the case of all your babas and baburaos they have no such clear agenda. "End to corruption" as a catch phrase doesn't mean anything. You don't understand what I am saying and are talking crap. Read yoda's post and he has clearly summed up my view.

Guest Gunner
Totally agree. These pressure groups should just do that....build pressure.The only reason the govt had to take action as in the Lokpal issue is because the govt knows it has not done its job and because there is a crying need for the Lokpal bill .Hopefully any other govt with more credibility should be able to overcome unwarranted pressure.
Finally a few level headed people in this thread who understand what I have been saying from post 1. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

I agree with Beetle that this Ramdev guy has actually created an unnecessary distraction just because he is an attention-*****. He tried to take some credit during Anna Hazare's fast but was ignored and hence planned for his own "show". He's actually helping the Govt. in distracting people's attention away from the core issues. Hope he fades away but given the attention-***** this joker is' date=' he'll keep on trying to "cash in" on this emotive and important issue and end up helping the Govt. and politicians at large in creating a distraction.[/quote'] Baba Ramdev movement is actually older than Anna Hazaae movement. Baba Ramdev first started talking about corruption and black money then others took part in it including Civil Society. Civil Society people are not dhoodh ke dhoole as congress have shown their corrupt doings already. We need to support the cause whoever raise it..not a particular person or group....

this show that baba fear from death.
Baba did right. If baba had caught or police had killed him in some way or the other, it could have erupted riots in Delhi. It could have become violent and why he should die by the hands of police when he is doing it for the people of the country and thousands of people were there to support him. It was wrong from the government to send police at 2 a.m. night. what was purpose behind that which they couldn't solve when 4 ministers received him at the airport. They could have sent him back immediately but then they sent police when everything was going peacefully and fine. We need to think about it deeply. The black money law can do a big harm for these parties. When Supreme court asked government to reveal all black money names, govt refused it saying it can be damaging. What kind of damage it can do if people will know about those corrupt people. Actually, all parties are run by this black money. Otherwise, how they spend so much money in elections. Form where they get that money. This all money is of these corrupt politicians who have used people like Hasan Ali to put their money in Swiss banks and about Congress, i firmly believe, this party has become a puppet of a few leaders like Kapil Sibbal, Digvijay Singh, Pravanv Mukharji, and P. Chidambram. Gandhis are left only for election purposes and to attract crowd in their rallies. Otherwise, where is Rahul Gandhi now who comes out and speak on every matter. He has not spoken a word on these matters.

Rahul Gandhi isn't ashamed to be an Indian now. He is only ashamed when police brutality happens in an opposition state. I am not sure under what legal sanction can the government disrupt a peaceful protest that posed no law and order problems.