ICF Mumbai Meet

EnterTheVoid

Mumbai looks cleaner and better than Delhi :((
No. Absolutely not. South Mumbai(from Nariman Point to Worli/Parel) is very nice but outside of that its a dump. Delhi is much nicer - roads are much better, people atleast obey traffic signals, 90% of the city doesn't resemble a slum and you get value for money when it comes to accommodation.

No. Absolutely not. South Mumbai(from Nariman Point to Worli/Parel) is very nice but outside of that its a dump. Delhi is much nicer - roads are much better' date='[b'] people atleast obey traffic signals, 90% of the city doesn't resemble a slum and you get value for money when it comes to accommodation.
Really ? We had a function planned during my last trip to India in Sanik Farms and I live in Saket. It took me 2 hrs to get there (maybe 1.5 kms). Just because few mofos had decided to not stop at the red light and then no one was ready to reverse (plus there was no space for it). Then some smart ass people decided to come via the right hand lanes so the traffic was blocked on all 4 sides (all 8 lanes) and there was no way for anyone to move anywhere. One of the scooter wala was trying to move past me but there was no space so he folded my rear-view mirror and I was like "WTF .. why did u touch my car .. u cant go when there is no space. Just wait and let the people at the front go first" .. he replied " Tum desh sudhar karlo .. mujhay ghar jana hai" .. so basically I got pwned :(( Also waiting in 2.5 right lanes out of 3 (if not all 3) on a right turn makes me lol

This is quickly going to snowball into a Delhi Vs Mumbai slugfest. Fact : Every city has its pros and cons Dilli-wallahs will swear by Delhi and Mumbaikars cannot leave Mumbai.. I haven't been to Delhi but I am sure it is clean (in most places) and green and probably has better infrastructure. But there could be other factors like eve teasing or others that might be a problem there. And sure, Mumbai has slums,but not 90% as somebody claimed. The way I see it is that Mumbai is more inward looking , meaning that people don't see "not" having large houses as deterrents to their social status. Its more about whether they live close to a railway station so that they can catch that elusive 7:08 fast local to work or whether there is good & timely domestic help around the area.If it means living in a not so posh area, so be it. Its just a different scale used to measure your living standard , thats all.

No. Absolutely not. South Mumbai(from Nariman Point to Worli/Parel) is very nice but outside of that its a dump. Delhi is much nicer - roads are much better' date=' people atleast obey traffic signals, 90% of the city doesn't resemble a slum and you get value for money when it comes to accommodation.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: :haha::haha: Ohhh come on !!! Dilli mein jahaaan dekho hariyaali hai. Roads are so much better, wider and cleaner. "Mumbai looks clean" :hehe: aisa mazaak tou koi mumbaikar bhi ni karta :headshake:

Ohhh come on !!! Dilli mein jahaaan dekho hariyaali hai. Roads are so much better, wider and cleaner. "Mumbai looks clean" :hehe: aisa mazaak tou koi mumbaikar bhi ni karta :headshake:
++ Sum total of Delhi roads' surface area would be more than whole of Mumbai's area.

Having stayed in Delhi for 17 years and Bombay/Pune for 3, I would say that Delhi is much cleaner that Mumbai, no doubt. Barring the South Bombay stretch, clean is not a word I'll associate with Bombay. Plus, there's a lot more space in Delhi, wider roads and stuff. The Delhi-Gurgaon border toll plaza has 32 lanes! Bombay on the other hand, is too fast for me. Log chill toh maarte hi nahi hai yaar wahan, the traffic with local trains and stuff, I love going to that city for a vacation but I doubt I'll be able to stay there. Dilli ki baat hi kuch aur hai yaar, you can spend your own entire life there peacefully if you know the name of one big shot :hehe: And I know the Mumbaikars will vehemently disagree to this, but nothing beats Delhi food! There you go, pounce on me mumbaiwallas :nervous: kthnxbye!