'2002 riot records destroyed'

1983-2011

But the riots were triggered by the burning of the S-6 coach in which 59 Karsevaks were killed.
I agree with you here.
What had Modi got to do with that?
This part is where I want to ask you a few questions. 1) A large crowd had gathered with the sole intention of killing innocent pilgrims. It was evidently premeditated and lots of effort- logistical and monetary must have gone into it, Procuring petrol in such large quantities and what not. Is it not the failure of the local police/local administration to get wind of this and nip it in the bud? Failure of the police, intelligence etc on a massive scale? Doesn't the ultimate blame of the failure to prevent this go on the government? Shouldn't we be angry at Modi and Gujarat Police that he couldn't stop these lunatics in the first place? 2) Its been nearly a decade since the riots. How many of the rioters have been convicted? How many cases have even been filed against rioters against whom there is eye witness testimony? Do you, Seedhi, not think this to be miscarriage of justice? Don't you think that the perpetrators of the riots deserve punishment, like the perpetrators of the train massacre?
Why is it that the police killed around 150 Hindu rioters in firing? This is much more than the number of rioters killed by the police in any other riot.
I'm not doubting your integrity, but where did you get this number from?

In 2011, Human Rights Watch reported the Government of India had "yet to prosecute those responsible for the mass killings".[10] The 2011 WikiLeaks cable leaks revealed that the United States was convinced about the complicity of Indian Government ruled by the Indian National Congress in the riots, and termed it as "opportunism" and "hatred" of the Congress government against Sikhs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_anti-Sikh_riots
It's been 27 years...

It's been 27 years...
This is tiring, man! I despise the '84 riots with the same level of passion as the '02 ones and government role in them. I want all the perpetrators brought to justice. So, now can you explain the reason for bringing about news clips related to the '84 riots in a thread about the '02 riots?

But it's Congress :winky:
No. It's a cop out on behalf of communal scumbags. Whereas I have no problems saying that both are equally deplorable, people like you find the need to bring them into an unrelated discussion with the hope that their support for a genocidal maniac like Modi can be hidden. So, let's say it in unison, 'I deplore the '84 and '02 riots and the role that the Gandhi and Modi governments played in them' Come on...let's say it!

Lets just say that you have absolutely no idea about the sort of Fake Liberals that hang around here and are generally found in abundance in India. There is a reason why I chase them around with a stick in my hand. I have had the"pleasure" of arguing with people who stoutly believe that Shariah is not such a big deal , Tippu Sultan is a bonafide national hero, Kashmiri Muslims are as patriotic Indians as any , Mughal-E-Azam zamana was a Golden Period in our history , RSS are nothing but Taliban and so on and so-forth. For real life examples follow the works of Arundhati Roy, Barkha Dutt, Teesta Setalvad, Pankaj Mishra etc.
:confused: I don't get your point. I can talk all I want about Mughal-E-Azam or Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or how Bradman is a better batsman than Sachin or how MAC is better than L'Oreal. That all falls under the ambit of freedom of expression. Your initial comment was on liberals supporting flag burning. Flag burning is a crime and is not freedom of expression. PS: Arundhati has been booked for sedition for her comments on Kashmir. And if she burns the national flag, she won't get away with it. I don't think any of the people you mentioned above have burned the flag.

Because : 1. He wasn't sure if he will be re-elected - not only BJP, but even if BJP won he was not the automatic CM choice for the next term. 2. He is a sick son of a b!tch who likes to see Muslims being killed.
LOL, so he was into 2 years of his 5 year term and he knew he won't be elected after 3 odd years??? LOL at that line of argument. Again why din't he do same thing after 3rd term. I for sure thought it might be difficult for him to re-elect as I so his own partymen (Patels) were going against him in entire saurashtra...LOL don't know why din't think of another genocide. If he is sick son of the *****, who likes to see Muslims being killed, why he is not doing it since last 10 years....and why is getting votes from muslims, why are ppl like Ismail Darbar getting into BJP.,

LOL, so he was into 2 years of his 5 year term and he knew he won't be elected after 3 odd years??? LOL at that line of argument. Again why din't he do same thing after 3rd term. I for sure thought it might be difficult for him to re-elect as I so his own partymen (Patels) were going against him in entire saurashtra...LOL don't know why din't think of another genocide. If he is sick son of the *****, who likes to see Muslims being killed, why he is not doing it since last 10 years....and why is getting votes from muslims, why are ppl like Ismail Darbar getting into BJP.,
All explained in previous posts - please stop recycling the same rhetoric if you want to move the discussion forward.

This is tiring' date=' man! I despise the '84 riots with the same level of passion as the '02 ones and government role in them. I want all the perpetrators brought to justice. So, now can you explain the reason for bringing about news clips related to the '84 riots in a thread about the '02 riots?[/quote'] and who here has not condemned the riots??? I totally condemn 02 riots and pray to God that it does not happen again ever. But you keep missing the point. I mean you keep saying IPS told you personally, LOL, if I was you, I would slapped them for taking such orders. Could it be possible that those IPS officers (Hindus) wanted to get even with Muslim? Reminds me of movie Dev...LOL

All explained in previous posts - please stop recycling the same rhetoric if you want to move the discussion forward.
no you have not, sir. your two reasons are totally Bull*****. I just proved them wrong..Do you any other line of reasoning. Why he did not kill muslims for last 10 years??

and who here has not condemned the riots??? I totally condemn 02 riots and pray to God that it does not happen again ever. But you keep missing the point. I mean you keep saying IPS told you personally, LOL, if I was you, I would slapped them for taking such orders. Could it be possible that those IPS officers (Hindus) wanted to get even with Muslim? Reminds me of movie Dev...LOL
So, Congress leaders had nothing to do with the '84 riots? Dude, don't kid yourself into delusion - these kind of large scale riots cannot happen for days without the support of the local administration.

no you have not, sir. your two reasons are totally Bull*****. I just proved them wrong..Do you any other line of reasoning. Why he did not kill muslims for last 10 years??
Already explained - there was no need to. But make no mistake, the next time he needs to do it he will because he is a genocidal maniac.

I codemn 1984 and 2002 riots and the culprits.. If Modi is proved as a mass murderer, may he be given sever punishment.. I'm not sure is 184 culprits could ever be punished..Just like the Bhopal Gas tregedy culprits got away (1000s of innocent people including large number of muslims massacred using poisonous MIC gas, and yes Congress Govt. knew about the safety about the plant).. Why I'm bringing all these in this discussion? You guys have got wrong target.. First demand the justice for 1984 events..It's a waiting list..Once those culprits are prosecuted, I'm pretty sure recent events culprits will also be prosecuted.. Inshallah.. The heart should bleed for every victims and not just for Muslims victims..

So' date=' Congress leaders had nothing to do with the '84 riots? Dude, don't kid yourself into delusion - these kind of large scale riots cannot happen for days without the support of the local administration.[/quote'] Dude, I did not even mention that. I don't know much about 84 riots and don't want to know about it either. Sikhs have moved ahead and entire new generation of Sikhs have taken over. Do you even know how many towns/cities that riot happend in 2002?? Your so called friends from IPS, they are *****ing cowards, blaming orders from top. WTF, they are public servant and they should be doing their job.

No. It's a cop out on behalf of communal scumbags. Whereas I have no problems saying that both are equally deplorable, people like you find the need to bring them into an unrelated discussion with the hope that their support for a genocidal maniac like Modi can be hidden. So, let's say it in unison, 'I deplore the '84 and '02 riots and the role that the Gandhi and Modi governments played in them' Come on...let's say it!
first of all, are you either a Sikh or a Gujarati?

I codemn 1984 and 2002 riots and the culprits.. If Modi is proved as a mass murderer, may he be given sever punishment.. I'm not sure is 184 culprits could ever be punished..Just like the Bhopal Gas tregedy culprits got away (1000s of innocent people including large number of muslims massacred using poisonous MIC gas, and yes Congress Govt. knew about the safety about the plant)..
Yeah, there will never be enough 'evidence' to convict Tytler, Sajjan Kumar, or Modi but does that mean we become blind to what happened for 2-3 days in Gujarat just because our favored party was the one instigating and supporting violence?

Already explained - there was no need to. But make no mistake' date=' the next time he needs to do it he will because he is a genocidal maniac.[/quote'] your explaination is totally BS. you said he did it for re-election, whereas he was in middle of his term, hardly 2 and 2 and half years, another election were in 2 and half years. how can man know in advance he is not going to win it. I must say you are genious.

Dude, I did not even mention that. I don't know much about 84 riots and don't want to know about it either. Sikhs have moved ahead and entire new generation of Sikhs have taken over. Do you even know how many towns/cities that riot happend in 2002?? Your so called friends from IPS, they are *****ing cowards, blaming orders from top. WTF, they are public servant and they should be doing their job.
Yeah, from a moral stand point I don't justify their actions. But I know for a fact they are not lying.

your explaination is totally BS. you said he did it for re-election, whereas he was in middle of his term, hardly 2 and 2 and half years, another election were in 2 and half years. how can man know in advance he is not going to win it. I must say you are genious.
And who called for the elections after the riots? Rahul Gandhi?