PK or Sree??

But his profile says Right-arm medium' date=' not even medium fast or fast medium. :dontknow:[/quote'] All Indian upcoming pacers are listed as medium in cricinfo. This is their default setting for any Indian pacer. Some trundlers like Joginder Sharma and Ranadeb Bose are written fast mediums. While a bowler like Sudeep Tyagi who bowls at 85 mph plus is written medium. So cricinfo is useless in this regard. Because they have event seen those bowlers whom they have categorized in terms of pace they have.
All Indian upcoming pacers are listed as medium in cricinfo. This is their default setting for any Indian pacer. Some trundlers like Joginder Sharma and Ranadeb Bose are written fast mediums. While a bowler like Sudeep Tyagi who bowls at 85 mph plus is written medium. So cricinfo is useless in this regard. Because they have event seen those bowlers whom they have categorized in terms of pace they have.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The emerging seamer, who manages a speed above 125kmph, displayed his prowess at the regional trials only to be selected for the final proceedings at New Delhi on January 21. From there on, Shukla’s entry to the famed portals of MRF Pace Foundation was just a matter of time. :facepalm: to maninder who called him fast.

The emerging seamer' date=' [b']who manages a speed above 125kmph, displayed his prowess at the regional trials only to be selected for the final proceedings at New Delhi on January 21. From there on, Shukla’s entry to the famed portals of MRF Pace Foundation was just a matter of time. :facepalm: to maninder who called him fast.
those speed guns are not standard speed guns and speed is not measured from the hands. This news is about 3-4 years old when he was only 16 or 17 and that was 131 also read below that. Now he bowls 140 plus. Four years ago in 2006-07, Tim Bresnan used to bowl 130K when Sanath Jaysuriya thrashed him in an ODI and same was Broad when he was hit for 6 six sixes he used to bowl only around low 130s, but now both are capable of bowling 90 mph.
PK is not an impact bowler...he can take 100/4, 120/5 but he is not a bowler who will give you 55/4 or 65/5 like Ishant can do. Sreeshanth came back after a long time and he did reasonably well. Right now, PK is doing great job but he is too dependent on new ball. Selectors need to think about long term prospects and he is not a long term prospect.
Seriously, who are these people that have EVER claimed PK is an impact strike bowler who can run through a side? That seems to be the most common criticism of Praveen. Whenever people credit him for keeping things tight, swinging the ball both ways, and doing a good job posters like you keep saying he's not an impact bowler, can't run through a side etc etc. No one is disagreeing with you. There are only a handful of bowlers in the world that can run through a side and pick up 4/5 quick wickets. If that's the only criticism of PK then no problem, yes, he'll himself admit he's not perfect. What you fail to understand is the despite his limitations, PK is the highest wicket taker for India in this series, with a very good average and strike rate. HE'S DOING HIS JOB with far less natural talent than others. It's the other clowns like Sree/Bhajji who are constantly letting the side down. Sree had two good spells of bowling when he first started, after that. Pretty much nothing that Praveen wasn't doing. It's these so called "impact" bowlers like Sree/Ishant that have let the side down, not PK.
Seriously, who are these people that have EVER claimed PK is an impact strike bowler who can run through a side? That seems to be the most common criticism of Praveen. Whenever people credit him for keeping things tight, swinging the ball both ways, and doing a good job posters like you keep saying he's not an impact bowler, can't run through a side etc etc. No one is disagreeing with you. There are only a handful of bowlers in the world that can run through a side and pick up 4/5 quick wickets. If that's the only criticism of PK then no problem, yes, he'll himself admit he's not perfect. What you fail to understand is the despite his limitations, PK is the highest wicket taker for India in this series, with a very good average and strike rate. HE'S DOING HIS JOB. It's the other clowns like Sree/Bhajji who are constantly letting the side down. Sree had two good spells of bowling when he first started, after that. Pretty much nothing that Praveen wasn't doing. It's these so called "impact" bowlers like Sree/Ishant that have let the side down, not PK.
P.k bowled well but sreesanth took all the top wickets so cannot blame him ,bhajji,ishant was a downer we just need to show faith in the attack.But ia m disappointed with pk batting abilities the way he is moving out of line with ball seems he is scared of batting.

Praveen Kumar definitely is doing the best he can do with his talent. His determination and consistency are certainly things that Sreesanth and Ishant should look to emulate. However, at the highest level, on even slightly less conducive surfaces, I would love to see Praveen do the same kind of job. If he can, then we would have actually landed a catch! About his batting, he, it is said, opened the batting for his State team (Uttar Pradesh). If that is true, then that speaks volumes of the talent at our regional level (or the lack of it). It may also be an indictment of the ability to spot talent.

Seriously, who are these people that have EVER claimed PK is an impact strike bowler who can run through a side? That seems to be the most common criticism of Praveen. Whenever people credit him for keeping things tight, swinging the ball both ways, and doing a good job posters like you keep saying he's not an impact bowler, can't run through a side etc etc. No one is disagreeing with you. There are only a handful of bowlers in the world that can run through a side and pick up 4/5 quick wickets. If that's the only criticism of PK then no problem, yes, he'll himself admit he's not perfect. What you fail to understand is the despite his limitations, PK is the highest wicket taker for India in this series, with a very good average and strike rate. HE'S DOING HIS JOB with far less natural talent than others. It's the other clowns like Sree/Bhajji who are constantly letting the side down. Sree had two good spells of bowling when he first started, after that. Pretty much nothing that Praveen wasn't doing. It's these so called "impact" bowlers like Sree/Ishant that have let the side down, not PK.
I am not fail to understand. It was me who first iterated to pick PK for England test and made a thread about it, but after seeing these two test, conclusion is he is just a short term solution and after this series, we need to look for some long term prospects.

I said this earlier and I would reiterate that he should be our 3rd seamer and not lead bowler. In case of matches outside India, he should be a bowler supporting two main bowlers. He can maintain pressure and pick wickets. That will make the work easier for lead bowlers. He will be consistent. Sree can be our lead bowler. Zaheer, Ishant and Sree form part of main attack. India should pick two from these 3. They are more like impact bowlers, but Ishant and Sree are not consistent. If they leak runs and 3rd seamer also does that then team will find it hard to sustain.

1. Zaheer
  2. Ishant/Sree
  3. PK

I can't say about matches in India. They haven't played much test matches here with current form.

Speed Thrills Plagued by injuries throughout his tumultuous six-year international career, Kerala pace ace S Sreesanth is coming through another frustrating period. Not only did he miss the tour of West Indies, where he was expected to spearhead the attack in Zaheer KhanÃÔ absence, heÃÔ also seen his replacement, Praveen Kumar, step up to the plate and stake a claim for a regular spot. Ishant Sharma is also bowling with renewed vigour. Eager to get back in the groove for the England tour, Sreesanth is banking on the thing that works for him raw pace injuries be damned. Making a comeback after his latest injury (tennis elbow) the 28-year-old is in no mood to sacrifice pace even with the physical demands of the modern game in mind. I donÃÕ want to be a bowler who gets injured and then comes back and bowls at 120kmph. I want to bowl fast. Even in 2007, I had a back injury and people asked, ÃØhy donÃÕ you start playing because you can bowl? But, I donÃÕ want to just bowl. I want to bowl fast, Sreesanth tells the HT in an interview. Excerpts: WhatÃÔ the status on your injury? I had a tennis elbow, and a bruise on my bone. For the last year and a half IÃ×e been on and off feeling pain while bowling. I am training hard and following a proper routine. I am fine now. What will be the challenge in England? England are a very good side, they have done well everywhere. The conditions will be helpful, but not getting carried away by the bounce and the swing, like I did on my last tour in 2007, will be the key. It took me two Tests to understand how to bowl in England, and the experience of playing a season for Warwickshire will be to my advantage. One thing about England is that the conditions are helpful but if you donÃÕ hit the right areas you wonÃÕ get wickets. If you can swing the ball with pace, nothing like it. I learnt that from Allan Donald and Ashley Giles, who were my coaches at Warwickshire. Full interview here
Wow, after those comments, tweeting that he was fit and ready to bowl 145-150kph, Sree really looks like an a-hole now. Too bad Sree had to spend all this time on some annoying test matches, playing for India when he clearly could have spent the last four weeks being far more productive by acting in another movie, coming out with a follow up album and ofcourse partying some more and works on those man boobs.
Well he clocked 142km/h faster than other indian bowlers in this test
All the more reason why he's a lazy douche for not practicing/preparing well enough for this series to bowl up to his potential pace. But let's not be too harsh on the donkey. It must take a lot of his time to give all those interviews, act in movies, write songs and tour with his band, tweet almost every day and so on. Who has time to work on pace/fitness/stamina?

-- Posted this in another thread -- I'm probably going to get some stick for this, but I still think that Sreesanth has something to offer in test cricket. He has a beautiful seam position, a natural outswing action, can generate decent pace (I'm sure he can bowl quicker than he has in this series). His problem is that he tries too hard, and when things don't go his way, he loses the plot a bit. But there's no denying the talent the guy has. How we channelise that talent into something useful, I just don't know!

-- Posted this in another thread -- I'm probably going to get some stick for this, but I still think that Sreesanth has something to offer in test cricket. He has a beautiful seam position, a natural outswing action, can generate decent pace (I'm sure he can bowl quicker than he has in this series). His problem is that he tries too hard, and when things don't go his way, he loses the plot a bit. But there's no denying the talent the guy has. How we channelise that talent into something useful, I just don't know!
Let him start by playing a full season of FC cricket and earning his place in the team.
Let him start by playing a full season of FC cricket and earning his place in the team.
His performance is going down as he continues to play test matches. Even stats would give the same idea. His avg and SR are going higher. He needs to work hard with his bowling. Just because he is talented doesn't mean that a place in the team should be reserved for him.