Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

King

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

Several posts of blatant personal abuse/mocking have been allowed to stand without so much as a protest from the mods.
Point them out and if they contain personal abuse something will be done. But remember personal abuse here means slightly more than dissing Ganguly and I'll give you examples to the level personal abuse and trolling of Blade and anu_D was tolerated here. There is no official policy against "mocking" here and you should know that since you are still around despite mocking the site and its mods. Or should we just kill the mocking bird.
Whatever the biases of the mods at ICFever, you rarely if ever saw such cheap personal comments against any poster allowed to stand, even against those who had opposite POV's and hated the site.
Yeah, you want me to post $hit written by the most esteemed poster of ex-ICF, anu_D abusing other posters. Or you want me to post comment after comment by Anil. But no point giving any cheap publicity so will not do so.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums max, please get off your high horse and stop pretending to be an angel. There are many instances of you chiding guyinallblue and dsr for their posts criticising Ganguly and deleted them. If the moderators here want tips, they certainly won't come to you. Look what you have turned ex-ICF into! It's not even among the top 10 SN sites anymore! And that despite October being the ICCCT month! And it's nowhere to be seen in November either. Barely 5-6 active members there now. So tips from you? :lmao: Thanks but no thanks. :wink: BTW if anyone had seen this "angel" on the cricket 365 forum back in 2003, you would have been appalled to see the language he is capable of. Right SM? :wink:

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

this is the kind of personal abuse I was referring to in my earlier post. No way would a post such as the one above by Predator_05 be allowed to stand at ICFever...no matter who it was directed against. And I have seen several such posts full of blind irrational hatred here on this board, without a single word uttered by the mods.
Predator's abuse is perfectly justified in light of your pathetic trolling and spamming attempts. I can understand why he is pi$$ed off as can most posters here. Did he abuse you when you were talking cricket from your other ID? Oh yeah and on ex-ICF Predator would have been banned and the trolls and spammers welcomed with open arms as you guys did with anu_D. Anyhow, cutting all the crap no one here has any personal grudges against you or anyone at ex-ICF and as long as you are here to talk cricket, science, finance, anything under than sun rather than spam the hell out of our forum and abuse others you are welcome.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Maxine, that is the kind of treatment someone like you deserves. You came here with no other motive than to annoy other posters. What kind of reaction did you expect ? Peoples' patience wears thin sooner or later. OK, so you are p1ssed at how we spammed your forum a month ago. Fine, you've made your point - you had your little tit for tat thing, and it's all done with. But now - by harping on about the many virtues of your daddy Abe's board and after relentlessly taking pot shots at the admin, you have clearly overstayed your welcome here. Now either you post something relevant in any one of our 4 forums or you get out. Simple.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Personally I do not think I know much behind the cause of this thread, the background and so on, but I read something that caught my attention. I would like to share my own two cents on this.

Well out of 400+ registered users on your site, only about 80 have actually posted or contributed something.
Okay I have been in MB world for about 2 years now, Admin on a couple of websites till I got extremely caught up in my work. As the saying goes, "Upparwaala jab deta hai to chappar phaar ke deta hai..aur jab leta hai to......" khair jaane dijiye. Let me tell you something as an Administrator. A board, any board, is lucky if it has a dozen dedicated posters. Normally you will have about 10 people who are very regular, another 10 that are fairly regular and rest infrequent. Most boards run on this core set of 20-25 users. It is the same old economics of 20% people having 80% of the wealth. So if you have 80 decidated users that is actually a fairly good number. I see a lot of posters who are very frequent and that can only be a good sign for this website. xxx

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums First, RameshG=max1, no doubts about that! Second, if this is a tit-for-tat move to advertise here, how about a tit-for-tat ban to get u outta here ? Ever wondered why so many people left your board, what have u done about it, before begging so many to come back ? And stop this attention whoring & post something on other threads. Otherwise, adios! Last warning given.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums why u guys acting so PC.... it leaves a bitter taste on the forums.... why not jus kick his azz out the moment u identified him.... c'mon guys, i jus read throuhg the entire thread and staring at the screen in disbelief at his idiocy...... i say, ban the a$$hole before he starts all preachy....

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Wow, just went thru the entire thread. There is enuff masala for a movie here :hic:

If you think only some people had a problem with the moderators on ex-ICF, why do you think 60% of the top 50 posters are here?
Thats easy, because the remaining 40% dont know about our site :lol:
Well out of 400+ registered users on your site, only about 80 have actually posted or contributed something. The very fact that I sent the PM's to only those with 0 posts should make it obvious that I was not really serious about marketing. These people probably may not even log in again to this site. Like I said, it was only a tit-fot-tat response, nothing more or less.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Lemme get this straight. He did all this work as a tit-for-tat, sending PMs to all the posters here who never logged in, so they'll get their PM in their dreams & come running to his site ? Grrrrrrrr

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Mods -- I appreciate that the mods decided to 'disclose' our friendly neighborhood spammer. Dhonds -- unban yaar, no abuse, just stupidity and non-cricketness. lock this thread, let it go and lets see if he can talk cricket. Max1/RameshG/Shiva/Abe/Whoever -- why didn't you just open a thread about the old board, man? It would have been allowed to stay. Look at this - I can say www.sportnetwork.net , and guess what, my post will never be touched by any of the mods here...can you type indiancricketfans on sn without Abe going at it with a hacksaw? I still go there for Gaurang's articles, but what good reason would I have to post there? I don't know how blinded you need to be to think that the moderation on the old board was 'good' or 'fair' or 'unbiased' by any stretch of your already overstretched imagination, but if you actually believe that, then I don't think any of us can convince you otherwise. So we should stop. And feel free to post cricket -- I assure you that this is the best place for an honest opinion.