Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Yeah and Bhajji never played that practice match. In fact he used these two Tests as his practice games and will now play the 3rd and 4th Test after giving them a 2-0 lead, seriously. Yes he wont be dropped in either of the Test.
so?? he did play 3 successive test matches in WI. It was a chance for mishra to perform well and grab a spot in playing XI but he didn't do so... http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/engine/match/492536.html and not talking about the 3rd test yet, I am just saying tht it would be wrong to say that he dint deserve to play in first 2 matches....
so?? he did play 3 successive test matches in WI. It was a chance for mishra to perform well and grab a spot in playing XI but he didn't do so... http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/engine/match/492536.html and not talking about the 3rd test yet, I am just saying tht it would be wrong to say that he dint deserve to play in first 2 matches....
So one match is enough to judge a player ? One practice match, Mishra failed and he does not deserve to be in the Playing XI ? And Harbhajn took bucket full of wickets in the recent tours and hence he is part of the Playing XI, right ? Check the stats before you reply me :icflove:
So one match is enough to judge a player ? One practice match, Mishra failed and he does not deserve to be in the Playing XI ? And Harbhajn took bucket full of wickets in the recent tours and hence he is part of the Playing XI, right ? Check the stats before you reply me :icflove:
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped now. But he did deserve to play over mishra in first 2 matches imo.
why are some of you guys shifting the focus away from poor batting performances by our top batsmen barring Dravid & VVS
I've lambasted even our batting, btw, not just Bhajji. I've also said our fielding and body language on the field is pathetic, not to mention Dhoni's wicketkeeping. It's been a collective failure on all counts barring the efforts of our seamers and guys like Dravid, VVS and Yuvraj. Obviously this thread is about Bhajji, so I will talk about his pathetic performance. The thing is that we can still hope for something from our batsmen because all of them did get off to good starts so far in these 2 Tests. Even Mukund showed some promise in the first Test. The problem is that they haven't been able to convert those starts into a big score. What has Dartbhajan contributed from the word go? Nothing. Granted that Swann has sucked too and the pitches so far haven't assisted spinners, but his bowling action is still better than Darty's. Darty seems to have forgotten he's an off spinner, and his current average reflects that. It's better for both him and Team India if he sits out, works on his form and flaws, and gives his place to a bowler who's doing far better.
To be fair even Swann has been pretty useless. I'm not saying Bhajji has bowled well enough but he needs the pitch to assist him. On a pitch that offers him turn and bounce he can be devastating but on pitches like this you need bowlers who can bowl to the field. Bhajji opts to bowl flat and surprisingly he doesn't have many variations either. I think he's too predictable. Not sure why he has ditched the arm balls or doosras he used to bowl.
Agreed, but you see the number of freebies that he gives? Swann was attacked and he should be. But tell me one thing. Have you ever seen Kumble bowling so many long hops??
look dude' date= Bhajji didn't select himself into the playing 11, I wish M had not picked him since Trent Bridge pitch also doesn't assist spinners....neither did he bowl as many overs as the seamers. just take it easy bro...all cricketers go thru a lean patch, why call them names like leeches But then, if some posters here still call the living L E G E N D SRT a 'midget' then it really doesn't matter what abuses are hurled at other cricketers I would never do that......I'm no internet warrior :icflove:
That's exactly what this thread is about, so I don't get why you're having an issue with people criticizing Dartbhajan. Dhoni and the selectors are as much to blame about Darty literally being a default part of the playing XI, but that doesn't take away from his terrible bowling of late. Like you said so yourself, all cricketers go through lean patches, and all of them get the whipping for it during such phases. So I don't see why Bhajji has to be given the VIP treatment and treated like a breastfeeding infant. I will call him a leech if I want to. It's not 'abusive', and expressing my frustration towards the fact that he is simply a passenger in the team doesn't make me a warrior, thank you very much. Almost everyone here is doing so. And if people want to call Sachin a midget and do the same for other cricketers, they are free to do so. I'm no one to dictate how they should think, and I'm not going to get agro just because I don't agree with them or don't like what they're saying about my favourite cricketers. What would you expect from a cricket fan forum anyway?

Quickly ? How many more matches you want India to lose ? :facepalm: This is why Indians suck in sport and pretty much everything. They values themselves before the larger interest of a team. They dont want Bhajji or certain other player dropped because he is all they support and not the team. I have seen similar Sachin fans who only watch him bat and want him to score centuries and make records. They turn the tv off once he gets out and some people are even worse, they want others to fail to justify his non performance. They couldnt care less if India wins or not. Also this is the reason why senior players never retired in the past or never stepped down despite bad performances. Because they are egoistic and put themselves over the team's cause. Unless Indian people learn to put the larger interest before their own, this will be the order of things.

Well I don't abuse any Indian cricketer or call names no matter which player it is or how he performs' date=' all I say is...he shouldn't be in the playing 11.... perhaps I look at things in a mature way...if you think otherwise..fine... enjoy the verbal tirade :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Cool beans. Hopefully I can become mature enough to not get my knickers in a twist and take things personally every time someone says something about a cricketer. Someday.

Bhajji will not be dropped. There is a week's gap between the second and third test during which he will contact his media spinning machinery to write some hard hitting articles about his emotional cheerleading, how his injury hampered him from producing the goods, how dropped catches, pitches, and umpiring conspired against him, how he is raring to go and rip through the English at Edgbaston. The leach will carry on sucking the Indian team's blood for a long, long time.

Well I don't abuse any Indian cricketer or call names no matter which player it is or how he performs' date=' all I say is...he shouldn't be in the playing 11.... perhaps I look at things in a mature way...if you think otherwise..fine... enjoy the verbal tirade :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] No, you just abuse other posters. :hysterical: