Bomb Blasts in Mumbai 13-07-2011

Roshanrocks

How a Google doc joined the battle to save lives during the Mumbai blasts Hundreds of people used a shared spreadsheet on Google's system to post helpful numbers and information following the blasts in Mumbai. The spreadsheet soon filled up with details offering blood transfusions, numbers for police stations, offers of accommodation and general offers of help. Set up by Nitin Sagar, based in New Delhi, at 3.35pm BST, the document soon had scores of people adding offers of help. The number of people viewing the document quickly passed a thousand, forcing Google to limit the detail provided to keep it online. People were asked to give their area, offer of help, contact number(s) and username. On Twitter a hashtag – #heretohelp quickly developed too, with people also offering places to stay with contact details. Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jul/13/google-mumbai-blasts

On the same note ( which doesn't seem very important now ) is the safety of cricketers in UK, they roam freely but aren't most of the nutbags born in UK itself. I am afraid they might just throw themselves on them

On the same note ( which doesn't seem very important now ) is the safety of cricketers in UK' date=' they roam freely but aren't most of the nutbags born in UK itself. I am afraid they might just throw themselves on them[/quote'] good point,i hope they stay at the hotel and dont roam around.

No direct connection' date=' but what can be definitely avoided is future embarassing situations when the country has to release mass murderers in exchange for innocent hostages like in the 1999 plane hijacking incident.[/quote'] That (hijackings/hostages) is the only possible causality of keeping him alive. We cant do anything but be prepared for such things. btw, no one would dare to, as that would clearly establish the links between Kasab and 'them'. Anyway, there is a judicial process that has to be followed, unless we can get some 'timely' amendments for 'exceptional' cases.

Absolutely no lessons learn and innocent people keep losing their lives. What have the intelligence agencies been doing? And how easy it is to blame this on Indian Mujahideen. If they are a small group of people, can't the security agencies bust their modules and finish them off? How long are we going to wait?

Serious Question, how can we solve it? I really mean is it even possible in India? We have so many conflicting organizations. Take one step right, the left side is angry. I mean even us, the people will not support the government if they take some strict methods as it is reduce our comfortness. I hope we earn something from USA who were strong enough to cause a little trouble to their own people( like more random checking), thereby proving a success with no terrosists attacks in the the last 10 years. Seriously discussion, any thoughts.

Amazing how people are ready to help complete strangers :hatsoff:

annkur Annkur P Agarwal RT @ADKStreme: I'll be driving all the way from Tardeo to Malad! #Here2help Call on: 40739100 1 hour ago » The Hollow Baba hollowmaniac The Hollow Baba #here2help RT @daadimooch Im in Nariman point. Im heading to Chembur. Ill leave in an hour or two. I have a car. Anyone needs a ride? Pls RT 1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply Surajram Kumaravel surajram Surajram Kumaravel “@MrsSonaL: I am near Dadar TT... If anybody need help contact me on 09323324177...” #Here2help 1 hour ago Bombay Addict b50 Bombay Addict #here2help RT: @parapraxist: If anyone is stuck in matunga or dadar, i live in a udct hostel and can easily find room. 9619243263. 1 hour ago TA Feisty_Ta TA People giving out their numbers/info for acco/stay/drive/help... please put ur details bit.ly/oG8hti #Here2Help #Mumbai 1 hour ago Karthik Sridhar AntarYaami Karthik Sridhar @ @firstpostin @ranaderohan people are using the tag #here2help and #NeedHelp for their needs. Do check these streams 1 hour ago Paromita Deb Areng suddentwilight Paromita Deb Areng RT @ideasmithy: RT @MusicmanMihir: I'm driving to Chembir soon from Mahim. Anyone need a lift? #here2help 1 hour ago odd timed oddtimed odd timed Stuck near Matunga? Call @maitreyab (Maitreya) on 998-701-3088. He'll be able to set you up @VJTI hostels. Give him my reference. #here2help 1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply Ranjeet Walunj iMayavi Ranjeet Walunj I'm currently in thane. Would be leaving for shivajipark around 9:30 or 10. Call me on 09322131514 if you need ride. #MumbaBlasts #here2help 1 hour ago Swati Randev-Verma silv3rglee Swati Randev-Verma #Here2Help #MumbaiBlasts RT @DedhShaani: RT @alimaxout: Anyone needing help in Jogeshwari area. Sms/call on 7208180539/9773510256. 1 hour ago

Serious Question, how can we solve it? I really mean is it even possible in India? We have so many conflicting organizations. Take one step right, the left side is angry. I mean even us, the people will not support the government if they take some strict methods as it is reduce our comfortness. I hope we earn something from USA who were strong enough to cause a little trouble to their own people( like more random checking), thereby proving a success with no terrosists attacks in the the last 10 years. Seriously discussion, any thoughts.
It's not related to this incident only, so can we move this discussion to a new thread and keep this thread specifically for this incident only.