Sehwag... nobody seems to care.. Surprise.. surprise !!

Ram

OK smart-ass' date=' name someone who has done better than him over the last 5 seasons ?[/quote'] My bad...Sehwag has indeed been our best bat along with Dravid. I am not even sure if Dravid deserves to be in such elite company. :cantstop:
Yeah good point. After Dravid's crappy series vs SA when he was a waste of all space in all three tests - i have begun to have my doubts too !! :haha:
of course. tell me if you can decipher the following career stats:
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]filtered              35  3626 270   77.14  10  18   -   -       -    -  69  0
                     [COLOR=#ff0000] 18  1206 309   46.38   2   5   0   -       -    0  28  0
[/COLOR][/FONT]

i wouldn't blame you if you can't. :cantstop:

Get over it guys, Sehwag has been crap as. He can't even produce a big one in 6 games against the likes of Bangladesh and Africa XI (Zimbabwe and Kenyan bowlers open the bowling). Just because he has hit 300 runs once doesn't make him an automatic choice. There is something called consistency that Sehwag isn't aware of. I'm sick and tired of hearing his test match form is good. What load of bull ****? It is not like he bats any different in ODIs anyways. There is nothing called ODI form and test match form. If someone hasn't been able to put in decent consistent performance for about a year he deserves no chance irrespective how many big scores he has had in the past. Accepting such dreary performances in the name of past record is the true bane of Indian cricket. Everyone has favorites and none can be dropped irrespective of continued failures. I had some hopes he will make it to the test team by working hard in the ODIs against the likes of Bangladesh and putting some decent scores. Alas I was wrong. Sehwag batted like a pinch hitter that was playing for some amateur club. I’m sure Rahul has had it backing him too. If Sehwag had hit a big one like Gambhir and a fifty or something do you guys reckon he would have been dropped?

I dont trust Sehwag's ability NOW to do the following two things 1) Bat 2 sessions and score big hundreds. That was his forte.. the quick centuries that set the test match up so beatifully 2) to bat long periods and save a match . Not that he renowned for this before. I dont know how you can pick a batsman in the test team if he cant do either of these.. The occasionel quick fire 40's and 70's wont cut ice anymore..

I dont trust Sehwag's ability NOW to do the following two things 1) Bat 2 sessions and score big hundreds. That was his forte.. the quick centuries that set the test match up so beatifully 2) to bat long periods and save a match . Not that he renowned for this before. I dont know how you can pick a batsman in the test team if he cant do either of these.. The occasionel quick fire 40's and 70's wont cut ice anymore..
You think Jaffer or Karthik or Gambhir would be able to do even that?

So if the other candidates are not capable of even that why waste two spots to them? You have to look for a better replacement to the one you are discarding. How clever will you be if you discard something better for something much inferior? Sehwag should have been put on notice and told what the team wants from him--in tests!

So if the other candidates are not capable of even that why waste two spots to them? You have to look for a better replacement to the one you are discarding. How clever will you be if you discard something better for something much inferior? Sehwag should have been put on notice and told what the team wants from him--in tests!
Jaffer and Karthik are inferior to Sehwag ? In terms talent -- YES in terms of record - YES in terms of Shot making - YES but does Sehwag inspire my confidence for doing a what a test opner should do - NO
ODI and Tests are different' date= Ravi.
I trust my eye Dhondy, he needed this. This will only help him. He was getting way too lazy and thought he could get away with repeated bad shots. Remember Ganguly? He was pretty much going the same way not able to build an inning. I would say now he has a grip on his game and has worked hard on his come back. It's not all over for Sehwag, he will only need to work at staying at the crease for sometime. I think Rahul has backed him long enough. His success against England in England given Sehwag's current form is only 50:50.
Remember the horrid patch Hayden went through a year ago? He couldn't buy a run if his life depended on it. Speculative articles cropped up like toadstools all over the world about how the chop was imminent. It never came. Hayden got over his lean patch and returned to fearsome form. The confidence returned and flowed.
Hayden was sure to get the chop if he hadn't made the century in the last Ashes test in '05. And if you remember his hundred it was a completely different Hayden respecting the situation and opponent. If Sehwag was willing to show that kind of resolve and professionalism, he should not have been dropped. But even your skipper can only stand by you for so long if you refuse to grow up.
Really? Who is he? You must be knowing his name if you're so confident!
The next is line is not important now. We have just made a change. I am confident Karthick would do fine as an opener. If he fails, then we will talk about next in line. Who knows, it might be Sehwag if he has a great FC season by the time the next change is due.