Cleanest Hitting I have ever seen

maniac

[ame=

Cairns 52 (25) vs Australia 1982/83‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] Juat an ice breaker with all the Ind-Eng debates,criticisms and strategies that are being discussed. I don't know if this has been posted here before but wow I enjoyed watching this just now drinking Scotch and watching You tube videos on a boring evening. Lance Cairns:hail::hail::hail:

they are not pansy 50m boundaries we see in india' date=' and he's clearing them even with mis-hits! some incredible hitting alright, but i won't go on and say he's the cleanest hitter of them all...[/quote'] I never said he was the cleanest hitter ever but this display was one of the best displays of cleanly hitting a cricket ball I have ever seen only thing that comes close is probably some of Yuvraj's hitting in 2007 T20 WC. I have seen Watson,Hayden,YKP,Pollard,Dhoni,Afridi and Mccullum hit some big sixes but I have always found Sehwag,Ross Taylor,Gilchrist,Yuvraj Razzaq especially in his freakish 100 against SA to be the most crisp and cleanest hitters of the cricket ball.I might take heat for this but i have seen Harbhajan hit some clean and crisp sixes too. It is not always about a big built guy slogging the ball out of the park with all his efforts but some times Crisp hitting of the cricket ball can be very soothing to the eyes for a cricket fan like me.Lance Cairns in this case was kinda the huge guy in the Jacob Oram,Watson mould but he hit those balls as clean as a whistle

MSd though is a power hitter, does not seem effortless when hitting the 6s. You can see that he has imparted a lot of power in a shot which is unlike someone say Yuvraj singh. also, MSD prefers the long on boundary more often than not. I have seen him hit half volleys ,outside off stump towards the long on boundary as opposed to yuvi who can hit a 6 off a cover drivee as well. The way he murdered baby broad with shots all around was amazing. But i enjoy MSD's big-hitting as well. It reminds me of the kind of cricket we used to play as youngsters, hitting 6 was more important rather than the technique :--D

MSd though is a power hitter, does not seem effortless when hitting the 6s. You can see that he has imparted a lot of power in a shot which is unlike someone say Yuvraj singh. also, MSD prefers the long on boundary more often than not. I have seen him hit half volleys ,outside off stump towards the long on boundary as opposed to yuvi who can hit a 6 off a cover drivee as well. The way he murdered baby broad with shots all around was amazing. But i enjoy MSD's big-hitting as well. It reminds me of the kind of cricket we used to play as youngsters, hitting 6 was more important rather than the technique :--D
2 of the best innings from Dhoni were played in his India A days vs Pak at Nairobi.I remember watching those live on ten sports in 2004 but havent found any highlights of those innings anywhere : (