Lords test 2011 : Predictions and discussion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/14242856.stm India have taken a risk in only selecting four bowlers, especially allowing for the fact that Zaheer has only played one first-class match in seven months. Given his lack of cricket, it was no huge surprise to see him hobble off, and it does raise questions over India's decision to only schedule one warm-up match ahead of this series. I know they have a very busy schedule over the next few months, but that is no way to prepare for a Test series as big as this. Frankly I was pleasantly surprised they even had that one!
Obviously the fielding issue isnt going to be fixed over night. Just recently in the world cup we saw what a difference having Kohli on one side and Raina on the other made from the Australia match onward after a set of deplorable matches in the opening round. Fletcher I'm hoping will eventually change this team into the amazing Zimbabwe fielding sides of the mid 90s :dance: well i guess I can dream.... Seriously though what can be done to fix the abismal fielding we witnessed today? England should probably be about 4-5 down by now. I mean eventually Kohli will be a test regular along with Rohit Sharma im sure but over the next 12 months is there anything they can do? I'm currently disappointed with Fletcher - doesnt seem to have any out of the box surprises or changes the way Kirsten use to. Same predictable line up and now the team looks to be in trouble. No improvements to fielding which is the one area the team has always been lacking. Sigh :((
Fletcher Was Recommended By Kirsten Jonas .
Fielding starts from the grassroots You dont become spectacular somehow once you reach the international stage :headshake:
No, you can become a good fielder simply through fitness and effort. Something you can change anytime you want to. Our team just refuses to do so.

1st Test - Predict Day-2 Weather looks to be ok, we might get full day's play today! England definitely have the upper hand psychologically after first day's play, not because of the position they are in but because of the uncertainty surrounding our one man bowling army ZAK's availability for rest of the test. Will Ishant,Praveen and Harbhajan rise to the occasion and restrict England to a reasonable score if ZK can't take further part in this match? or are our struggling bowlers in for a leather hunt all day? :nervous: