Aim to starve Tendulkar for runs throughout the series: Swann

Actually the article he has written is as full of 'self praise' (of English team) as the entire English media. If you want, I can post the article here. LINK Graeme Swann hails England’s speed sensations GRAEME SWANN - Cricket columnist Published: 27 Jul 2011 We all knew Broady's appeal for lbw against Suresh Raina was out but umpire Billy Bowden thought there might have been an inside edge. Similarly, Broady's shout against Tendulkar would have been given out on review. They could have been massive moments and, if India had clung on for a draw, there's no doubt we would have been very frustrated. But we just have to get on with it. There are no reviews for lbw decisions in this series and that's that. (On deepak_sach's request)
People are continuously talking about these two decisions. What about the LBW decisions which could have gone in India's favor with UDRS Broad's appeal, Trott's appeal, and Swann's reverse sweep appeal all would have been given out on UDRS on Bhajji's bowling if I remember.
I don't understand why people are getting caught up by the British media so much here. The british media is a PR machine which is used to intimidate others whether it is sports or Politics, it is a strategy which has worked well for England for a good 50 years. The most important thing is to ignore them, the moment you give them attention they will suck you in real fast. If England lose this series, the same British media will just climb into the English cricket team just as they did to the football team after the German massacre in the World Cup. Seriously, Indians have such a think skin and are so easy to rile up. I think by now everyone on the planet knows that Indians have a massive inferiority complex.
++
Guest Gunner
^ What does this have to anything to do with an Inferiority complex ? All this hype after just one win is unwarranted. I would say that even if the Indian media did this.
Because you react to criticism violently. If you were confident that you are good enough, why do you need to react?

its like some indian fans want the whole world should fall flat on its belly and roll over as soon as sachin appears. maybe they will do... but not yet. he is still playing. when he retires they might do that. flee at sight orders were not given to the bowlers who faced bradman... the english used to refer to him as bastard on the field and off it. infact the english are giving a lot of respect to sachin by only criticizing him with euphemisms.

Because you react to criticism violently. If you were confident that you are good enough' date= why do you need to react?
Violently? Lolz..surely thats an exaggeration? Kind Sir,Please go through any of my posts and see where I have displayed such emotion. The only time where I was a little irritated was when I paid Wobbly back in his own coin (and deservedly so - he was exhibiting trolling qualities), for which I was promptly threatened with an Infraction. Looking at your high handed approach towards certain posters,perhaps it is possible that you have a superiority complex? I mean,I don't know, but it is possible right? Peace!
For entire English media, you have to go and reag Telegraph, Times, Daily Mail and some articles of Guardian even. Even that is not entire English media but quite a lot of it. There are plenty of articles from all these four sites here if you want. Times has gone behind pay wall, but even after that we find a way to read few of its articles, sometimes. And then of course, BBC is there.
OK, I read the Telegraph & the Grauiniad, so you'll be able to show me some examples of this, wont you
And their penchant for hyperbole is well acknowledged and conceded by everyone.
I think you'll find that sections of the media in all countries tend to overreact or dramatise anything, England and India included. I'm not in the least surprised to learn that The Sun is making all sorts of silly claims. But I do object to the peddling of misinformation about *all* the English media doing this. As I already mentioned, I read a fair selection and haven't come across it yet. Every time I have asked for other examples, people have simply reposted Swann's Sun column :headshake:
I think you'll find that sections of the media in all countries tend to overreact or dramatise anything, England and India included. I'm not in the least surprised to learn that The Sun is making all sorts of silly claims. But I do object to the peddling of misinformation about *all* the English media doing this. As I already mentioned, I read a fair selection and haven't come across it yet. Every time I have asked for other examples, people have simply reposted Swann's Sun column :headshake:
The point is the negative press that the visiting team is getting by commentators/columnists. While the Indian media or the commentators big up their players, they do not say anything against touring teams. I haven't heard Gavaskar/Bhogle/Manjrekar say anything negative about teams that tour India (unless provoked)
The point is the negative press that the visiting team is getting by commentators/columnists. While the Indian media or the commentators big up their players, they do not say anything against touring teams. I haven't heard Gavaskar/Bhogle/Manjrekar say anything negative about teams that tour India (unless provoked)
I have
The number of interviews these guys are giving after the LORDS win is no where near the amount of interviews Afridi gave after being thrown out of the WC at Mohali.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: coz he has a big heart, doesn't say no to anyone asking for interview.:haha: