Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Sorry, I am not a hater but I can't see how they've been silenced at all. Strange England tactics fuelled this innings. Strauss' aversion to pace at both ends way before the new ball was captaincy without logic. We all know how Yuvi can dominate spin and drive well, but earlier on he was same old fishing at anything outside off, should've been out and eventually was unsurprisingly fishing at one. Important runs but he was let off the hook compared to those before him.

I hope your joking because england has to be the most tolerant and accepting selection policy ever. We have probably had more black cricketers than South Africa :giggle: Oh and Bopara and Monty are not good enough for this side.
Eng is choking on too many quality resources. Hope it won't die in near future, once these unwanted players defect to IPL/Big bash/SLPL(If this gets going in, say 5yrs time).

India need to win this match, to make it a good series. It's been an exciting test series so far and if England manage to edge past here there won't be much left to look forward to. Don't want the most talked about series in recent times to go that way. Also I have a feeling Bhajji will come good tomorrow, otherwise he should be out of the squad for the rest of the series.

Cook is a great opener & Morgan is a great no. 6. Dont dump them based on one or two failures, please. They deserve a long rope, at least two more tests. :pray::pray::pray::pray: Please take our sardar & give him rope as well (to hang himself!)

totally disagree. i was at the ground and yuvi scored almost all of his runs against spinners. always looked uneasy against the seamers. dont read too much into his innings
Agree 100%. Taking nothing away from his innings, Yuvraj did luck out from the fact that the seamers (esp Broad & Anderson) were off the attack at that moment. That's understandable since Strauss wanted to preserve them for the new ball, but still Yuvraj was good enough to survive the odd overs & score off Swann & co. Remember spin used to be one of his weaknesses.
totally disagree. i was at the ground and yuvi scored almost all of his runs against spinners. always looked uneasy against the seamers. dont read too much into his innings
why there were so few Indian fans in the crowd?? I was expecting much more noice from Indian fans..

In fact as an Indian, I rate the current SA team a shade better than Indians, 1-1 in India, 1-1 in SA, 3-2 in ODI in SA and also beat India in WC 2011. In due course India and SA will be closely ranked as no1 and no2. England is pathetic in the Indian subcontinent and have rarely performed well there and they are not worthy no1. Even if they become No1 they may be knocked of very quickly by SA and India to #3

How about we enjoy the test series on its face value? I'd suggest Indian cricket fans to not get carried away by the frustrations of not being able to win over England so far. This series is living up to its expectations and there has been some great moments on the field. Ishant Sharma, Stuart Broad, Rahul Dravid, Pietersen, Praveen Kumar, Prior and Laxman to certain extent have played some top cricket. But for those moments the series would have been pretty dull. Why not push the frustration out of the door and enjoy the series with no tags attached? This is turning out to be way better series than the ones India have played recently.