Donald 6/53 against England

Gambit

Now you can see why i rate him so highly. I'd pick Donald over any other fast bowler any day of the week. Screw Glenn McGrath. That ball to Stewart was simply unplayable. No batsman on earth could have touched that ball. It was the most perfect yorker you will ever see. He bowled plenty of those - one which i remember is this one to Dravid here from '96 - this one found the middle stump ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjWEpmSJqw. He also uprooted Tendulkar's stumps in Kingsmead in that same series - the best delivery i've ever seen from a fast bowler - on par with Bond to Gilchrist in '02 and Akram to Dravid in '99. The one to Gavin Hamilton was a beauty too. BTW, notice how he is getting them with accuracy and not primarily with pace. He wasn't as quick in '99 as he was in his younger days, but he learnt how to swing the ball and that skill allied with his perfect line stretched his career out for a few more years.

He is my favourite too, but I'd never say "Screw Glenn McGrath". IMO, that's cricketing sacrilege. But yeah, in his prime, there was no bowler who was more exciting to watch than Donald, and I am not reverting to cliche here. Absolutely brilliant.

Both those yorkers were slower deliveries' date=' delivered from the back of the hand. [/quote'] Really ? i dont think so... I think because on both the occasions , the batsman got in line pretty quick and the ball swung late , it gives the impression as though they were slower balls. I saw the replay and they dont seem to be delivered from the back of the hand. And logically speaking too , i cant imagine why donald would bowl a slow yorker in his second over anyway...

Dhondy.. The balls were definately not delivered from the back of the hand.. We should have someone else either confirm or oppose this i guess.. And Bob Willis makes a lot of errors while judging the nature of delivaries..

He bowled plenty of those - one which i remember is this one to Dravid here from '96 - this one found the middle stump ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjWEpmSJqw. He also uprooted Tendulkar's stumps in Kingsmead in that same series - the best delivery i've ever seen from a fast bowler - on par with Bond to Gilchrist in '02 and Akram to Dravid in '99.
LOL. I've seen that clip before. That is not Dravid. When did Dravid have such a high backlift anyway? And I bet that's not India he's bowling against either.

Nice. I really didn't catch any of that...with it being a one second clip and all. Watched it again a few times, and i think you're right about it not being an Indian batsman. That batsman's willow is a GM i think. Whatever it may be it's definitely not an Indian make. AND Dravid used a WILLS back then !! How the hell did i not remember that ! It's probably some clueless Pom