F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

Please stop.. I do not want to die of laughter tonight.
sure, I will spare you. [joke] but untill ambani doesn't rent out 22 floors of antilla (5 floors enough for luxurious living), he is def. wasting space, resources n labor [/joke] even if he does rent out, he has already wasted lot of space, resources n labor.

Vaibhav - since you are expert on human psychology. I am sure you would understand the kind of psychological impact it would have had on Ambani, had he not built that Antila. It would have costed billions of $s worth of businesses and hence 1000s of jobs. Now he can stay happy and generate even more employment. From your book - remember how a Sehwag's century psychologically uplifts the moral of whole team. Or negative impacts of SRT's century.

It is a subjective issue but it is also an emotional issue. I remember eating out at a fine dining place where clearly somebody from the staff unwittingly switched to news on hungry children of Somalia. I can vividly remember the horror on each of the faces in that hall with that 5 minute segment. I think they lost their appetite. All I could think in that moment was guilt. And I am sure it was the same for others. But guilt for what ? All of us were eating from the money we have had earned, which we had a right to spend. Sure, there are hungry children across the board. Why should I lose my sanity ? But these are complex arguments interwined in complex human emotions. After Kantian Neitzchean debate has played through in your head, one conclusion I came to was, you have to appreciate your meal first. There is no point in losing your appetite because you have to enjoy your life inspite of shithole the world is. However, what I also understood is that, not feeling anything in that moment, if my conscience didn't ***** for second, I wouldn't be human and things are definitely not going in right direction. I guess what people expect from the super rich is that this ***** will lead them to loosen some change from their vast wallet for those suffering. Is it right of them to think so ? I don't know anymore.

It is a subjective issue but it is also an emotional issue. I remember eating out at a fine dining place where clearly somebody from the staff unwittingly switched to news on hungry children of Somalia. I can vividly remember the horror on each of the faces in that hall with that 5 minute segment. I think they lost their appetite. All I could think in that moment was guilt. And I am sure it was the same for others. But guilt for what ? All of us were eating from the money we have had earned, which we had a right to spend. Sure, there are hungry children across the board. Why should I lose my sanity ? But these are complex arguments interwined in complex human emotions. After Kantian Neitzchean debate has played through in your head, one conclusion I came to was, you have to appreciate your meal first. There is no point in losing your appetite because you have to enjoy your life inspite of shithole the world is. However, what I also understood is that, not feeling anything in that moment, if my conscience didn't ***** for second, I wouldn't be human and things are definitely not going in right direction. I guess what people expect from the super rich is that this ***** will lead them to loosen some change from their vast wallet for those suffering. Is it right of them to think so ? I don't know anymore.
I know exactly where you're coming from and I completely respect it. My view on this, I wrote all about it in that PM I sent you the other day.

Vaibhav - since you are expert on human psychology. I am sure you would understand the kind of psychological impact it would have had on Ambani, had he not built that Antila. It would have costed billions of worth of businesses and hence 1000s of jobs. Now he can stay happy and generate even more employment. From your book - remember how a Sehwag's century psychologically uplifts the moral of whole team. Or negative impacts of SRT's century.
you had asked what I was doing with my limited money. well I invested in real estate of upcoming city of noida, rented it out to people working in nearby areas to live, invested the rent amnt in bank accounts n MFs. That why I am contributing in India's economy (not by charity and I don't wish to tell whether and how much charity I do). you and your cronies can laugh or say all you like but it doesn't mean anything. too bad you can't see the shear wastage of space, resources and labor of worth 9000cr. in our developing nation in antilla in the name of luxurious living. kthnxbye

T Side note : I have noticed one thing on this forum, once a Mumbaikar, always a Mumbaikar :D Talking to members like bob, rajiv, holysmoke who have been in impure land for a considerable amount of time, its still very easy to relate to them as fellow Bombay Boys.
Absolutely, it's like an unspoken/unofficial code language..u think that's the reason the city rises to the occasion and gets back on it's feet after bomb blasts etc

even in my case' date=' [b']I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link
Okay time for me to get on my soap-box. [RANT ON] Dude, you seriously think you are doing anybody a favor by buying houses you do NOT need in a country where housing is a premium, thus effectively making sure those folks who want a house but can NOT afford it can only come to you so you can collect rent from them? WTF? This is a perhaps one of my pet peeves, NRIs and the neuvo-rich in India "hoarding" houses they do not need. The irony is someone like you actually claims he is doing everyone, including the nation and its economy, a freaking favor. [RANT OFF] The above post is actually what is F'king disguting.

^ Hahahaha.. From personal experience, i can tell that there's nothing else, absolutely NOTHING ELSE, that riles up Lurker into red-rage, than the prospect of people buying houses they dont need, driving prices up. :hysterical:

^ Hahahaha.. From personal experience, i can tell that there's nothing else, absolutely NOTHING ELSE, that riles up Lurker into red-rage, than the prospect of buying people houses they dont need, driving prices up. :hysterical:
Of course! We are world's 2nd largest population, crammed up in 1/7th of world space and then we have the neuvo-rich buying plots of land they dont need, or use, and thus take away from the folks (even those like Professors, teachers, lawyers, cops) who need it..I am talking of the good natured non-corrupt guys of course. The cheek of some of these chaps to claim they have bought couple of houses they do not need and are doing India a favor! :facepalm: And the same git then questions Ambani :whack::whack:

abey yaar tera tape ek gane pe atak gaya hai. 'it is his money' 'i dont have a right to opinionate even if wishes to throw it in a well' its not just abt charity. 9000 cr is a sort of money which if invested in our developing nation, can bring wonderful fruits even if you set aside 200 Cr for luxury housing. even in my case, I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

^ Hahahaha.. From personal experience, i can tell that there's nothing else, absolutely NOTHING ELSE, that riles up Lurker into red-rage, than the prospect of buying people houses they dont need, driving prices up. :hysterical:
haha... VD is in wrong corner of the ring then...

abey yaar tera tape ek gane pe atak gaya hai. 'it is his money' 'i dont have a right to opinionate even if wishes to throw it in a well' its not just abt charity. 9000 cr is a sort of money which if invested in our developing nation, can bring wonderful fruits even if you set aside 200 Cr for luxury housing. even in my case, I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.
How dude, how? Where do you come up with these absolute gems? :hail: :dontknow: Lets say I was one of those Russian billionaires with one of those vulgar past-times (like paying $20 mn for trip to the space station or something like that..). My vulgar past-time would actually be YOU. Yes, I will pay you to hear you spill your beans of wisdom! :hail:

Lurker/Ram - You guys are being overly harsh on Vaibhav. Its OK to criticize his post but by calling him a git,"new money" and a "vulgar pastime", you are targetting his character and demeaning him. I guess thats what Vijay was referring to earlier.This isn't healthy criticism at all. Let us not forget that while all of us simply chose to give Vipin solace through our words,Vaibhav actually did something in that regard.