The Giggly Anecdotes Thread

Dhondy

Lurker's barnstormer of an experience at the doctor's surgery and Donny's lovely cricketing snippets made me long for a thread where we could all share humorous moments of our own with others. Here's one of mine. This also involves a doctor, in this case one of my colleagues, who is a physician. During the course of a day's work, he came across a rather old gentleman, who was having difficulty passing water. My colleague figured that he might have an enlarged prostate, and took great pains to explain in a rather loud voice to the somewhat deaf gentleman that he would have to perform a "per-rectal" examination on him. He explained that this involved getting the patient to lie on one side, and putting a finger up his back passage to look for abnormalities. When my colleague had put on a pair of gloves and turned around, the patient was ready, lying on his side....and with a finger stuck up his own ass.

:hysterical:... one incident which always brings smile on my face... i love traveling by train and that too Non-AC... as i like to see the india without any glass wall between my eyes and the scenic beauty of india.. during one of the journey ..i was going to calcutta.. in Sleeper dibba many people here might know the cofiguration of seating arrangements in indian railways..my birth was side lower...and during day time a bengali gentleman was sitting in front of me.,..reading a newspaper.. and i spit out of the window which swung more deadlier than a waqar's inswing and hit the face of that gentleman...sitting infront of me... his reactions told me everything what just happened... i kept a straight face...he looked out of the window...and i kept looking outside...he just wiped that with his hanky....he was very irritated with all this...and he thought some of from the next cabin has done this thing...as he told me that it seems some biharis are traveling along with us.. i was holding my laughter with great difficulty ...i just excused myself..and went towards the gate..and laughed my heart out... and after that then remorse feeling settled in me..and now i use washbasin of the train every time i need to spit... and this always brings a smile on my face...

Guest dada_rocks
:hysterical:... one incident which always brings smile on my face... i love traveling by train and that too Non-AC... as i like to see the india without any glass wall between my eyes and the scenic beauty of india.. during one of the journey ..i was going to calcutta.. in Sleeper dibba many people here might know the cofiguration of seating arrangements in indian railways..my birth was side lower...and during day time a bengali gentleman was sitting in front of me.,..reading a newspaper.. and i spit out of the window which swung more deadlier than a waqar's inswing and hit the face of that gentleman...sitting infront of me... his reactions told me everything what just happened... i kept a straight face...he looked out of the window...and i kept looking outside...he just wiped that with his hanky....he was very irritated with all this...and he thought some of from the next cabin has done this thing...as he told me that it seems some biharis are traveling along with us.. i was holding my laughter with great difficulty ...i just excused myself..and went towards the gate..and laughed my heart out... and after that then remorse feeling settled in me..and now i use washbasin of the train every time i need to spit... and this always brings a smile on my face...
:hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks
Lurker's barnstormer of an experience at the doctor's surgery and Donny's lovely cricketing snippets made me long for a thread where we could all share humorous moments of our own with others. Here's one of mine. This also involves a doctor, in this case one of my colleagues, who is a physician. During the course of a day's work, he came across a rather old gentleman, who was having difficulty passing water. My colleague figured that he might have an enlarged prostate, and took great pains to explain in a rather loud voice to the somewhat deaf gentleman that he would have to perform a "per-rectal" examination on him. He explained that this involved getting the patient to lie on one side, and putting a finger up his back passage to look for abnormalities. When my colleague had put on a pair of gloves and turned around, the patient was ready, lying on his side....and with a finger stuck up his own ass.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This happened with a colleague some years ago.He was a Bengali gentleman who loved devising new ways to get himself in trouble. We used to call him "Dada".Those days we were in New Jersey and it was Dada's first trip to the US.True to his maverick nature,Dada had a tendency to forget the important device called "brakes" while driving. I warned him many times that it could land him in trouble but he would'nt listen.So one fine weekend,we drove out to an outlet mall.I was in my own car and Dada followed in another with couple of friends.We reached all right,enjoyed the day and while coming back,I lost the sight of his car.Anyways,I reached home and called him after sometime to inquire if he had made it alright.No one answered.This worried me somewhat.After an hour Dada called me and with a shivering tone retold this incident. As usual,he had been doing 90's when a cop pulled up behind him blazing lights and all.The cop walked over to their car and peeked in cautiously.Dada's co-passengers-most of them bachelors and new to the US,were so petrified that they simply raised their hands in surrender.The cop was quite startled and proceeded to write a ticket.The conversation went something on these lines: Cop:May I have your full name sir? Dada:(rattles of his 10 alphabet first name with top speed) Cop:Slow sir...can you give it to me again? Dada:rattles off again Cop:(looks totally baffled...peeks at Dada's rental agreement and international driving permit.Sees the long first and last names inscribed by hand in an ugly scrawl).Anyway decides to make one last ditch effort and asks Dada to spell out his name slowly. Dada: R as in Red,A as in... Cop:(decides he's not going to make it)....uh-umm..tell you what.."Drive safely" Looks at others and says "be careful,he can get you killed"!!! He leaves but watches Dada as he merges with the highway again.Dada can't believe his luck that his name saved him!!. Though he escaped getting the ticket,Dada's involuantry reaction on seeing a police car was to hit the brakes even when he was doing 55 on a 65mph!!

Cop:May I have your full name sir? Dada:(rattles of his 10 alphabet first name with top speed) Cop:Slow sir...can you give it to me again? Dada:rattles off again Dada: R as in Red,A as in... Cop:(decides he's not going to make it)....uh-umm..tell you what.."Drive safely" Hahahahaha, absolutely brilliant, Mandrake!