Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

good one :two_thumbs_up: Yes all are disappointed with this test match. But if Viru makes 0(1) or 25(100) doesnt change the outcome of this match. He could have played for longer without mcuh score, but thats not his style. I am more disappointed about his first innings dismissal. If he could stay longer, it would have direct impact on the result of the match:((
What is more annoying is the fact how people were getting excited and starting to overhpye our batting now sehwag was in! It was premediated sehwag would get out cheaply with any seam and swing, good pitch bit of width and an outswinger is perfect for sehwag to get out! His style didn't cost him runs, it was more lack of test cricket, too much of an emphasis on T20 recently and injuries as well which cost him this!
What is more annoying is the fact how people were getting excited and starting to overhpye our batting now sehwag was in! It was premediated sehwag would get out cheaply with any seam and swing, good pitch bit of width and an outswinger is perfect for sehwag to get out! His style didn't cost him runs, it was more lack of test cricket, too much of an emphasis on T20 recently and injuries as well which cost him this!
I agree with the bolded part. IPL has delayed his surgery and recovery. It is obviuos that he was not ready for this match. :((

This is the lowest point of my cricket watching time. The fact that it is against the team I despise the most (yes even more so than Pakistan). The fact that I was eagerly anticipating a highly comeptitive series but instead we've seen a no contest in which barring one session at Trent Bridge, there hasn't been a time where we've thought we can win a test match. The fact that the English pundits (and Michael Holding) can spew their bullshit but this time we can have no retort such is the helpless position of the team. All factors considered then yeh this is by a distance the most painful series. But that's life in sport I guess.

The time has come to stop worrying about the world rankings from supporter and players, Its time to buckle up and PLAY SOME DAMN CRICKET like real men , not like schoolboys getting a hiding like we see now. When india performs well ,then the rankings will take care of themselves , simple. The fact of the matter is : 1. Fletcher eats samoosas and drink tea the whole day. 2. India have not got a spinner that is on top of the world , eg Mendis 3.Sreesanth should stop chirping and start bowling like a fast bowler and not a medium pacer with no direction , BHajji should smack him again. 4. Does Fletcher actually have a plan? 5. BCCI should start punishing players with performance bonus clauses. 6.Tendulkar , Laxman , Dhoni should stand up ther should be at least 250 runs between these 3 players in a test match. India players selected to represent their country in England are Humiliating and embarrassing the Billions of Indians around the world !!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
The time has come to stop worrying about the world rankings from supporter and players, Its time to buckle up and PLAY SOME DAMN CRICKET like real men , not like schoolboys getting a hiding like we see now. When india performs well ,then the rankings will take care of themselves , simple. The fact of the matter is : 1. Fletcher eats samoosas and drink tea the whole day. 2. India have not got a spinner that is on top of the world , eg Mendis 3.Sreesanth should stop chirping and start bowling like a fast bowler and not a medium pacer with no direction , BHajji should smack him again. 4. Does Fletcher actually have a plan? 5. BCCI should start punishing players with performance bonus clauses. 6.Tendulkar , Laxman , Dhoni should stand up ther should be at least 250 runs between these 3 players in a test match. India players selected to represent their country in England are Humiliating and embarrassing the Billions of Indians around the world !!
Mendis is no world beater . I am a Sri Lankan fan BTW.

This has been the worst series by a mile. Apart from the odd spell (often not even a whole session) it has been one way traffic. Haven't seen a team perform this poor in all areas of the game from batting to fielding to bowling. The body language has been dreadful, the captaincy brainless and the coaching non-existent. What makes it even worse is the impression given that the team does not really care, when the ability is not question but the desire and hunger is - that is when you know in sporting terms that a team is finished, it can no longer compete.

For me it has to be Aussies beating us at home' date=' I was pi$ off for days..The series could have been saved.[/quote'] In that series batsmen were out of form, but we weren't performing like this. Sehwag got 150+ in 2nd test and Kumble destroyed Aussie batting on day 1. I still remember at the end of 4th day we needed 210 runs and 5th day was washed out. We won last test and series ended at 2-1. It could have been 2-2. But this series has been completely hopeless.
For me it has to be Aussies beating us at home' date=' I was pi$ off for days..The series could have been saved.[/quote'] The Aus 04 series was terrible because of context...losing at home to the Aussies after 35 years, and because that scumbag Shashank Manohar purposely gave Australia a seaming pitch because of his politicking with Dalmiya. But it wasn't this constant battering we're seeing here...Bangalore was a heavy defeat but we bounced back at Chennai and despite that Gillespie stonewalling, anything could have happened on the rained off final day. In terms of constant misery, only the Aus 99 tour compares. But back then we were rubbish away from home and half our team wasn't international class. So in a sense this series (ranked no.1 and with plenty of top class players before the start) is without parallel in even longer than 15 years.
The Aus 04 series was terrible because of context...losing at home to the Aussies after 35 years, and because that scumbag Shashank Manohar purposely gave Australia a seaming pitch because of his politicking with Dalmiya. But it wasn't this constant battering we're seeing here...Bangalore was a heavy defeat but we bounced back at Chennai and despite that Gillespie stonewalling, anything could have happened on the rained off final day. In terms of constant misery, only the Aus 99 tour compares. But back then we were rubbish away from home and half our team wasn't international class. So in a sense this series (ranked no.1 and with plenty of top class players before the start) is without parallel in even longer than 15 years.
Well 99 saw SRT getting a cpl of centuries and VVS got a century.....Srinath bowled welll..........Yahan pe to sab dhakkan.
So in a sense this series (ranked no.1 and with plenty of top class players before the start) is without parallel in even longer than 15 years.
I would say it's worst defeat in probably 20-25 years and losing after being at the top of ICC rankings makes it even worse.
Well 99 saw SRT getting a cpl of centuries and VVS got a century.....Srinath bowled welll..........Yahan pe to sab dhakkan.
If I'm not wrong then SRT was MoS in 99.