Failed State Index: Be proud

dial_100

Iraq, with raging wars, and worms of terror rottening this country, it has quickly become a worst place to live on the earth. Now being the most unstable country in the world. Obviously, Africa being the most poorest of all continents have 8 of 10 countries appearing on the failed state index. It is understandable that lack of funds, natural resources, education and health care services, it has gradually sunk to this level that no one even wants to help them out of this. But the remaining 2 of these 10 are Iraq and Afghanistan. Despite billions of dollars of aids that is being sent to Iraq to build up necessary infrastructures and system, it is almost impossible to think how could they get rid of those infectious terrorist they have living their. In fact some of the experts even think that this state is sinking very fast and has reach the point of no return. It is really heartening to hear that a state which has so much natural oil and gas could have easily afforded and offered a very reasonable life to the people there. But the fate of that state has taken it on the verge of breaking up. It is really unthinkable of what could these little states do with the money from OIL and GAS, in the event of break-up. Whats your opinion on this? I am looking for more ideas as to how this could be avoided more than what wrong policies US/UK alliance implemented, war, terrorism and religion etc. But I have not reached to the more important point yet. I need your attention on that more than the one I raised above. Now there are many other countries surprisingly around India, are top on the list of failed states index. Afghanistan though not direct neighbor to us is on #8, Pakistan, our dear one is not far behind at #12, Bangla on #16, Nepal-#21 and SriLanka -#25. Situation in these countries though in different areas of measurement for this index calculation, hasn't been improving if not deteriorating. Or even worse has been consistently going down in some case. But despite such adversities all around us, we have improved in our index from past years from 93 to 110. It is remarkable that despite all the volatility all around us, We managed to stay far ahead of even countries like China and Russia (bot #62). We always take lead in criticizing and condemning our country, people and administration. Lets all pat our backs that despite so many adversities we are reasonably place in terms of stability. Its not sheer luck that we Indians are plunging forward in many fields, like IT, Military, Economy and infrastructures (tho slowly). No other country has this kinda surrounding. In true sense a Kamal is blossoming in all the kichhad around. (A true lotus blossoming in a muddy pond). Be proud.

Agree... ...though we have a long long way to go even before we can say we are a happy nation.We have to make sure the progress trickles down where it is needed the most.Otherwise all this talk about being better than others is just dil behalne ke liye achcha khayal......

Democracy with equal rights for all (including women), a secular state, and opportunities for higher education (sadly, still lacking for many), are simply not compatible with a failed state. I suspect we are ranked ahead of the rest based on the above factors, and less on our economic development, as otherwise, China would quite clearly be ahead of us.

Roman, Mishr, Unaan sab mit gaye jehan se Kuch baat hai ki hasti mitti nahin hamari sadiyon reha hai dushman daur-e-jehan hamara saare jehan se accha hindustan hamara. (Roman - Rome Mishr - Egypt Unaan - Greece mit - obliterated)

Hey those guys are 'failed states'...we will be 'NO STATE' in a 100 or so years when we kill off mother india because indians breed like mice and think about nothing more than themselves and their baccha. The kamal in keechar is the kamal that is ultimately poisoning its own roots...and will die...then only keechar will remain and laugh at the arrogance of the kamal. But such is the nature of poetic justice! :sad_smile:

But see. we are expecting lot of things sitting in the developed countries like US, UK and Aus. In the similar conditions many countries are way far behind. With so much population and poverty, illiteracy we have achieved lot in last 2 decades. Dont you all think so??

But see. we are expecting lot of things sitting in the developed countries like US' date=' UK and Aus. In the similar conditions many countries are way far behind. With so much population and poverty, illiteracy we have achieved lot in last 2 decades. Dont you all think so??[/quote'] That is nothing more than senseless backpatting in the face of doom. Unless we can bring down our population by a couple of hundred million, we are FACKED...mother India will die otherwise...and we shall have another wasteland like iraq. That is what Indians are doing to mother india- killing her off slowly. So all this 'what we've done in past 2 decades' is irrelevant..we've only lined our own pockets, fed more people so that more and more can breed and be the parasite on mother India. Sorry,i see no positives in India till she can negotiate the biggest threat she's faced in her existance : Indians breeding like mindless virus.

Roman, Mishr, Unaan sab mit gaye jehan se Kuch baat hai ki hasti mitti nahin hamari sadiyon reha hai dushman daur-e-jehan hamara saare jehan se accha hindustan hamara. (Roman - Rome Mishr - Egypt Unaan - Greece mit - obliterated)
I think that's a Lurker special, completely original. Good stuff.

Its a pity i dont understand most of that... :sad_smile:

Actual Dhondy that couplet is by Alama Iqbal, part of his entire "Saare Jehan se accha Hindustan hamaara". I love this particular piece perhaps more than the usual "Majhab nahin shikhaata aapas mein bair rekhna, Hindi hain hum watan hai Hindustan hamara". It is true that ke kuch baat hai ke hasti mitati nahin hamari. :marchmellow:

Well.. thats what you wish... But I am afraid thats not going to happen. Sure CC..but one thing I notice is that your attention man!! is not right. Why are you looking at just rotten things. See the brighter side. You will have more reason to help the brighter side get even better with it. Or else we all know what you are talking about. Such people will come and go. What is the point. Like animals they will not be remembered yaar. And life is a true leveler. All those people pay for what they do. So why even bother. India will grow more but steadily. Better than many other countries. I cant tell you the reason why.

Hey those guys are 'failed states'...we will be 'NO STATE' in a 100 or so years when we kill off mother india because indians breed like mice and think about nothing more than themselves and their baccha. The kamal in keechar is the kamal that is ultimately poisoning its own roots...and will die...then only keechar will remain and laugh at the arrogance of the kamal. But such is the nature of poetic justice! :sad_smile:
Thats THE most pessimistic thing i have seen in my life..

The Roman, Egyptian and Grecian empires have all dissolved in the inexorable passage of time, There is something in this land of ours that makes us indestructible, We have braved the odds, the infidelity of foes for generations past, But it is still in Hindustan to remain the most hallowed nation on earth.

Its a pity i dont understand most of that... :sad_smile:
Loose translation: Roman, Egyptian & Greek civilization all vanished(from earth) we(Indian civilization) must have something(within us) that we still stand even though time has often been our nemesis we still stand India is better than the entire world. (Incidentally when Rakesh Sharma, India's first cosmonaut went to space he had a telephone conversation from the space with then Indian PM, Indira Gandhi which went like this. IG - Uppar se Bharat kaisa dikhta hai (How does India look from up above) Rakesh Sharma - Saare jehan se accha (Better than the entire world) Priceless. We definitely need an Indian flag smily now)

Actual Dhondy that couplet is by Alama Iqbal, part of his entire "Saare Jehan se accha Hindustan hamaara". I love this particular piece perhaps more than the usual "Majhab nahin shikhaata aapas mein bair rekhna, Hindi hain hum watan hai Hindustan hamara". It is true that ke kuch baat hai ke hasti mitati nahin hamari. :marchmellow:
Thanks, Lurker. Should have guessed from the last line.

The Roman, Egyptian and Grecian empires have all dissolved in the inexorable passage of time, There is something in this land of ours that makes us indestructible, We have braved the odds, the infidelity of foes for generations past, But it is still in Hindustan to remain the most hallowed nation on earth.
Superb. Sriram forget my translation. This is what I would like you to read instead.

Dhondy...you seriously thought it was a lurker original.......??:P I always thought you were a closet shayar....Iqbal ko nahi pehchante???:dontknow::tounge_smile:
Closet ignoramus, Beetle, certainly not shayar. I knew the lines that we always sing in that rejuvenating song. Didn't realize there was another part to it.