GHOST.. Believe It Or Not !!

J P K

So you from orissa?
nopes i lived there for just two years
I have a story also- My grandmother passed away a few years back,we went to our village to perform the last rites and all other rituals.My grandmother was very generous person .A week after on a day neighbour wife started acting wierd and people started gathering and saying my grandmothers spirit is in her body she also acted and behaved like one my aunts and everybody went and she told them many things .I did not want to go but was forced to go,i asked her my full name she would not tell as she never knew as she was just plain acting ,so i just ran away.
lol :popcorn:

Wow, thanks for the bump. Nice thread. I personally am scared of ghosts. There are so many things out there that man cannot explain, so I am highly surprised anyone can vehemently deny its existence. We just don't know about it. And the unknown is always scary. Anyways, this is a sort of a ghost story, but not really. But figured this would be a good place to share. My dad told me this story that happened in his college a few years before he went there, and why they had banned ragging in their hostel since that incident. The seniors were ragging a new group of freshers, and they had finally found the one timid guy in the group that they could all bully. After a series of harmless ragging incidents, one day they had a brilliant idea. They called this kid over to their room one afternoon. They promised him there was only one last thing he had to do before they would let him off, and start treating him as one of them. They took him to a field nearby the hostel. It was the off-season, so the fields were pretty barren. They pointed him to a banyan tree in the middle of the field - that was the only tree there - and told him ghost stories about the tree. Mostly silly stuff like how the roots that grew from its branches all the way to the ground would actually move at night and wrap around anyone that went in there to mess with the tree's leaves or branches. And that the tree allowed people to touch only the main bark. His mission was to go there that night, and right at the stroke of midnight, hammer a special nail in the bark and come back. Next day, they would all go there and make sure he did it right. The plan was to hide near the tree, and when he got there, start ruffling the leaves and also have a couple of guys make scary noises from the back. But, what happened that night was something none of them had imagined. Unfortunately, the warden caught them trying to sneak out late in the night and reprimanded them and sent them right back to their rooms. They all woke up the next day to news that this kid had died near that tree last night. Turns out, the kid went there at midnight (he was from a different building, so not the same warden). And right at the stroke of midnight, hammered that nail in the bark. But in a hurry to get out, and possibly constantly looking over his shoulder, mistakenly hammered his full-sleeve shirt's loose sleeve into the tree as well. And when he turned to leave, the shirt was still stuck there, leading him to believe someone was pulling his hand back from the tree. Suffered a stroke and died on the spot.

Ghosts my a**. In my village, there was this abandoned home at a top of a hill. Villagers were afraid to even go there by day. Why? Because of some weird story that there was some ghost/ I took a bet and spent 1 complete hour there - I would earn a 100 INR from around 100 villagers. Needless to say I won the bet and proved that there's no ghost. Earning close to 10,000 INR at the age of 15 was also quite cool. :wink2: Now, the place has been converted to a temple. So ghosts can come and kiss my a**.

Ghosts my a**. In my village, there was this abandoned home at a top of a hill. Villagers were afraid to even go there by day. Why? Because of some weird story that there was some ghost/ I took a bet and spent 1 complete hour there - I would earn a 100 INR from around 100 villagers. Needless to say I won the bet and proved that there's no ghost. Earning close to 10,000 INR at the age of 15 was also quite cool. :wink2: Now, the place has been converted to a temple. So ghosts can come and kiss my a**.
Nice story,like one one of those Umesh Kulkarni films.. Which village is this?

believe it or not ghosts exists...and there is life after death... we are all more or less surrounded by spirits..mostly harmless. I have been thru situations which are beyond any scientific explanations... I stayed in a strange house for almost 2 years..knocks on 3rd floor windows, weird smell of corpse(!?), tube light falling from the ceiling, footsteps on the roof, switches that get turn on and off automatically! will never forget those moments.But the most chilling experience was woman sobbing hysterically in the next room.
But how do you know that ghosts, spirits and life after death are the reason for those happenings? It might be beyond scientific explanations but why is ghost the only explanations and not aliens or other dimensional creatures?

No Umesh Kulkarni film story mate. #TrueStory This village is a place called Elinge. The closest recognized places are Udupi and Mulki in Karnataka.
is that really wher u raised ??

Not really a ghost story but a very very scary experience. I live in Gurgaon and I am seventeen. This is about 2 years back when I was 15 and in ninth grade. I didn't believe in ghosts but was really scared of the dark, going outside my house alone, going in the basement (my biggest fear till now :(( ) I woke up at night one day, my throat was dry and I tend to wake up if I am thirsty, even if its midnight. :P It was 1:00 a.m. , I think. I mean I was considerably drowsy, not yet fully awake And I went to the Kitchen and was drinking some water when I heard some screaming outside the house. A girl I think. Couldn't really make out. That completely woke me up. I was very scared. I thought I should go and tell mom and dad but thought they would scold me for waking them up in the middle of the night. I thought I'll just take a quick look outside and run back. I took the keys for the main gate lock. Opened in and went outside. I saw nobody. But The freakiest part was that I was standing there, I could hear somebody screaming loudly as if they were standing right on the road but NO ONE was there. I completely freaked out, I started crying. I did a quick race back to the master bedroom, woke my parents up and they came outside with me. Somebody was still screaming but this time it was at some distance. My parents told me to get inside the house and go sleep, said it was probably someone playing some prank. I didn't sleep that night. I got fever that day because I SWEAR that scream didn't seem like someone was playing a prank. This still freaks me out like hell.

Ghosts dont exist. That is quite simply, the end of that. My grandma/great-grandma used to tell us stories of their encounters with 'ghosts', when they were kids. Thinking of it now, I think it was quite irresponsible of them to scare young kids (my cousins and I) by narrating such fictional tales about non-existent ghosts. P.S; Didnt mean to sound disrespectful of the other folks who claim they have had such encounters or have had their parents narrate them tales. My opinion is simply a reflection of my upbringing.
Yep, my dad used to tell such stories about his time in Kerala village all the time. Some of them were heard from his relatives and a couple were his "experiences". Of course at that age, you believe everything grown ups tell you when mostly it said to keep you quiet, scare you or entertain you. Much later, when I had grown up, was when he confessed to making up the stories. Kids don't realize how much of @ssholes adults can be just becasue they can. I make up for this by scaring my nephew, who has quite an imagination and is scared of ghosts, out of his wits by my own stories

Yep' date=' my dad used to tell such stories about his time in Kerala village all the time. Some of them were heard from his relatives and a couple were his "experiences". Of course at that age, you believe everything grown ups tell you when mostly it said to keep you quiet, scare you or entertain you. Much later, when I had grown up, was when he confessed to making up the stories. Kids don't realize how much of [b']@ssholes adults can be just becasue they can. I make up for this by scaring my nephew, who has quite an imagination and is scared of ghosts, out of his wits by my own stories
:WTF: How old are you?