GHOST.. Believe It Or Not !!

J P K

@MTC and Priyanka, i cant talk much about religion becoz of the rules of ICF. also the OP is about ghosts. but you can join the "padosi" forum . we can discuss it there if u both want to. :icflove: for both of you ,with love :kiss:
I am already there. Indiafan

There is definitely some amazing thing going on with life. For one, we are all stardust. Every atom of our body came from some exploding star. What can be more amazing than that? The way life came by, the way we evolved and the vast, entire universe out there is amazing! What I sometimes laugh at is that how some religious people claim that their texts already had answers to most mysteries which scientists have discovered. Like moon splitting from earth. Like earth being round, etc. Coincidentally they always make this claim after science have already discovered these. Not one single invention or discovery has happened because of religious texts. And most damning of all, every religious text is limited to immediate earth. We have a vast universe out there yet the so called divine texts are completely silent about whats out there, how many planets, black-holes, etc, etc. Why limit knowledge to earth only as God will surely know all and a divine book should also know and reveal all? Why doesn't it know about aliens or other planets or quark stars? The one reason I am against superstition and blind religious belief is that it stops us from asking all the important things in life. Like whats out there, whats the meaning of life, how can we be immortal, how can we reach the stars. It claims falsely to know all these things but none of this stand to scrutiny. But the followers will limit our human quest for knowledge and truth
:hatsoff: u belong to rationalwiki

I don't think there are any ghosts. They are just the imagination of people. I will share an incident when I was studying in class 9. I was living in a small town called Keonjhar in Odisha. My village was 30 km from Keonjhar. Since my extended family was there, I used to visit my village in case of occasions like marriages. There is a sponge iron plant in my village. That's why all the fields are barren. There is a road just outside our village, which is curved and a bridge is there which makes it very difficult to have control if you are driving fast. So every month atleast one accident occurs there. But the tale is that at night a woman wearing white sari suddenly comes in front of vehicles and accident happens :haha: . Needless to say people don't dare to go near that bridge after darkness. Once when I was there for some occasion, at around 9-30, there was a power cut. Me and my cousins decided to just go outside somewhere. We went near that bridge and started throwing stones at the trucks that were going. Since we were below the road, we were not visible at all. At 11 pm, shifts are changed in the plant. The laborers were going through that road in their bicycles. One of my cousin made a screaming sound and we all threw small stones at them. They were around 30 to 40 people, still they were frightened. After they were gone , we burnt the dry grass and it made a huge fire. Then we came back. Next day people in the village were talking about ghosts in the bridge. How the ghost is throwing stones at people and how it was crying and it was unhappy for some reason. The most funny was - the woman ghost has burnt her child :haha: This is how ghost stories are created and spread. People this is a true story. I have not visited my village for almost 11 years, so don't know whether they still believe it or not.

Aw' date=' come on. I don't understand. Tell me, What's there to giggle in the fact that I was 15, two years ago? :Hmmm:[/quote'] “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!†~ Captain Obvious on Morality “No matter how today turns out, there's always tomorrow.†~ Captain Obvious on cheering you up “Simply because you can't see something doesn't mean you can't hear or smell it.†~ Captain Obvious explaining the sense of sight “Dead people are not alive, you funny hat Man.†~ Captain Obvious on Teachings of the after life of the Catholic Church “If something gets hard that means it won't be easy anymore.†~ Captain Obvious on hardships “If you hate someone that can most likely indicate that you don't like them.†~ Captain Obvious on people you hate “The best cure for hunger is food!†~ Captain Obvious on malnutrition “When you're thirsty nothing feels better then drinking liquid!†~ Captain Obvious on Hydration “It's rude to fart when someones eating.†~ Captain Obvious on manners “Well, I say! These boots are made for walking.†~ Captain Obvious on foot wear “I already said that quote!†~ Captain Obvious on above quote “Turning a frown upside down makes a smiley face.†~ Captain Obvious on facial expression "I m 17 now, 2 years ago I was 15 " ~ Captain Obvious on aging nd de-aging :hehe:

“Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!” ~ Captain Obvious on Morality “No matter how today turns out, there's always tomorrow.” ~ Captain Obvious on cheering you up “Simply because you can't see something doesn't mean you can't hear or smell it.” ~ Captain Obvious explaining the sense of sight “Dead people are not alive, you funny hat Man.” ~ Captain Obvious on Teachings of the after life of the Catholic Church “If something gets hard that means it won't be easy anymore.” ~ Captain Obvious on hardships “If you hate someone that can most likely indicate that you don't like them.” ~ Captain Obvious on people you hate “The best cure for hunger is food!” ~ Captain Obvious on malnutrition “When you're thirsty nothing feels better then drinking liquid!” ~ Captain Obvious on Hydration “It's rude to fart when someones eating.” ~ Captain Obvious on manners “Well, I say! These boots are made for walking.” ~ Captain Obvious on foot wear “I already said that quote!” ~ Captain Obvious on above quote “Turning a frown upside down makes a smiley face.” ~ Captain Obvious on facial expression "I m 17 now, 2 years ago I was 15 " ~ Captain Obvious on aging nd de-aging :hehe:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sometimes life is just plain unfair. We have to accept that and live with that. Seeking devine justice and retribution is a fallacy and weakness of human emotion
Agree. God is the oldest rumor created by weak human beings. Humans always needed someone to blame for their failures and for their problems in life. Humans always wanted miracles to solve them and that thought process lead to creation of God that there is someone who is looking after them and listens to their prayers. It gave them false sense of happiness and also instilled some kind of false fear into them that this God will punish them for their bad deeds.

Agree. God is the oldest rumor created by weak human beings. Humans always needed someone to blame for their failures and for their problems in life. Humans always wanted miracles to solve them and that thought process lead to creation of God that there is someone who is looking after them and listens to their prayers. It gave them false sense of happiness and also instilled some kind of false fear into them that this God will punish them for their bad deeds.
:agree: