Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League

Chandan

Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League  

1. 1.

Good win for Rajasthan. They know very well how to play Ranji cricket and make most of the rules. Still can't believe that Rajasthan won two consecutive titles without having a single star (or future one) in their ranks. It just reflects bad on our domestic cricket system. Tomorrow if there is an international competition among domestic champions, I would surely won't like Rajasthan to represent India.

Good win for Rajasthan. They know very well how to play Ranji cricket and make most of the rules. Still can't believe that Rajasthan won two consecutive titles without having a single star (or future one) in their ranks. It just reflects bad on our domestic cricket system. Tomorrow if there is an international competition among domestic champions, I would surely won't like Rajasthan to represent India.
They have one future star in Ashok Menaria who was doing well this year too but unfortunately got injured midway and who knows Rituraj Singh can make it too. He has a lot of things to like about him.
Lancashire won the division one trophy in COunty cricket. Their squad was- Glen Chapple, Karl Brown, Steven Cheetham, Mark Chilton, Steven Croft, Gareth Cross, Kyle Hogg, Paul Horton, Gary Keedy, Simon Kerrigan, Sajin Mehmood, Stephen Moore, Oliver Newby, Steven Parry, Luke proctor, Tom Smith and Adrian Shankar James Anderson played a few matches for them,Maharoof and Junaid Khan were there overseas players. Chapple, Keedy and Chilton are all 35+. Compare that with Rajasthan, they too have 3 35+ players in Chopra, Kanitkar and Parida. rest of the squad is quite young. If Rajasthan and Lancashire were to play agaianst each other, they would beat each other at home. Can't see this Lancashire team beating Rajasthan in India and likewise, Rajasthan will not put much of a fight against them in England.

Hard luck TN, you guys are one of the best teams in the domestic circuit and man-to-man you guys are still miles ahead of Rajasthan...safe to use the C word?:winky: anywhoo, Bannas be the man:yay::yay: congratulations Rajasthan, hope it does some good to cricket at the grassroots level in my state:smiley:

Lancashire won the division one trophy in COunty cricket. Their squad was- Glen Chapple, Karl Brown, Steven Cheetham, Mark Chilton, Steven Croft, Gareth Cross, Kyle Hogg, Paul Horton, Gary Keedy, Simon Kerrigan, Sajin Mehmood, Stephen Moore, Oliver Newby, Steven Parry, Luke proctor, Tom Smith and Adrian Shankar James Anderson played a few matches for them,Maharoof and Junaid Khan were there overseas players. Chapple, Keedy and Chilton are all 35+. Compare that with Rajasthan, they too have 3 35+ players in Chopra, Kanitkar and Parida. rest of the squad is quite young. If Rajasthan and Lancashire were to play agaianst each other, they would beat each other at home. Can't see this Lancashire team beating Rajasthan in India and likewise, Rajasthan will not put much of a fight against them in England.
Lancashire plays their matches at Old Trafford which is a slow track nowadays and I am sure Rajasthan can give them a run for their money as Rajasthan too have good swing bowlers in Pankaj, Rituraj, Chahar, etc.
This gives us an incentive. I think few of us who are interested, should follow the Shield cricket and County Div 1 this year thoroughly to understand the finer points like point system, their pitches and their FC bowlers others who never feature in international cricket. It should be fun. We should follow it like we follow Ranji trophy, with a sticky thread. What say?
This gives us an incentive. I think few of us who are interested, should follow the Shield cricket and County Div 1 this year thoroughly to understand the finer points like point system, their pitches and their FC bowlers others who never feature in international cricket. It should be fun. We should follow it like we follow Ranji trophy, with a sticky thread. What say?
Would be a very hard thing and require lot of effort, unless we see a number of our guys playing for different counties. Too many matches, runs for far too long and no attachment with the leagues would make it impossible for us. Though the idea of having a sticky and discussiong the county season in one thread is a great one. We could definitely discuss observations, analysis etc while the season is on.
i normally follow County and shield criket... Never worried about the finer points though... Can put some effort if required... Guardian runs a County cricket live blog every year during match days..
i normally follow County and shield criket... Never worried about the finer points though... Can put some effort if required... Guardian runs a County cricket live blog every year during match days..
I think we should do it then to understand the finer points.
I think we should do it then to understand the finer points.
i am In... Point system is clearly explained in cricinfo.. Last 2 season endings are awsone...till last day there no clear winners.. Funniest thing last year was before series started Lancashire was sure shot for relagation and Yorkshire for winning Championship... End was completely reversed :haha: