Indianisms That Really Annoy You

Dhondy

Hmm.. "Indianisms" that annoy me ? Talking loudly in a restaurant (especially if it's in a language that I can't understand). Very distracting and irritating.
Just because you can't eavesdrop eh? :tounge_smile:

Ravi...No one ever exchanges a good seat...always remember that!:alberteinstein: Next time some one asks for an exchange of seat...just stare at them and ask...Give me three good reasons why??? That really pi*s*ises off these exchangers :wink:(and queue jumpers who cutely ask if they can stand ahead of you......:lollypop:)

Ravi...No one ever exchanges a good seat...always remember that!:alberteinstein: Next time some one asks for an exchange of seat...just stare at them and ask...Give me three good reasons why??? That really pi*s*ises off these exchangers :wink:(and queue jumpers who cutely ask if they can stand ahead of you......:lollypop:)
I won't say that was a good seat but yeah that experience's taught me couple of lessons Radhika. When someone requests it's a bit hard to give a cold stare. Now I would like to think I've gone a little smart after that experience. I'll say "Take that girl with ya if you need her and send the one next to your seat over here" :wink_smile:

Too many to list! The most common ones are- 1) "How much money do you have saved in the bank?" ( enough to hire a hit man and shut you up) 2) "How much do you earn?" (f@k off) 3) "I work for a multi national company..." (so faking what!) 4) "Asi gandi bate nahin kahne chahiye" (on me saying that I don't believe in god) 5) Even before the plane has landed every tom dick and harry (ramu, shamu and papu) wants to run to the exit door! (yeah throw the impatient rats off the plane) 6) Stinky folks! (If you can afford that Merc then I am sure you can afford some deodorant ) 7) Have some fashion sense!

Strange but like a few others i have never had any one ask me such strange questions. Besides most of the Indians i come across usually mind their own business accompanied with a friendly acknowledgement/blank stare/ look the other way. One incident i remember is during a hindi movie show this couple was saving 4-5 seats for friends in a packed hall. Another couple not able to find seats seeing empty seats just sat there. Ofcourse it lead to an altercation and somewhere in between i head the lady who was saving the seats say ' we are saving these seats for friends and taking reserved seats is not part of our indian culture ' #!@#@# :confused_smile:

Or the car seat for that matter :haha:
Great re-sale value ! My desi friend who left her 'pastics' on in the car got 1 grand more than what the dealership was offering her ( 2002 Beetle) when she sold it through yellow-pages. :haha: