The mystery of Shoaib Akhtar's pace

Tiger80

baseball top speed is 105 mph if they had a run up then they would hit even higher speed probably 110-112 mph range
no that is wrong analogy. when some one throws while running fast like in a run up, it is very difficult to throw accurate and with full force that is why fielders are always advised to be balance and still while throwing the ball on to the stumps while fielding.
For a guy who has done nothing in his career having test average better then any Indian pacer in history says a lot. Look at his test and ODI stats before talking from your backside.
Shoaib was better test bowler than ODI bowler. There were many factors against Shoaib. He was flatfooted. I guess he worked very hard. I don't know how he managed to bowl so fast, but he didn't look like natural express pace bowler.
Akhtar had a lot of talent. We cant downplay his bowling abilities or speed just because he is a Pakistani. He also however wasted most of the talent and came in and out of the team most of the times and staying in news for all the wrong reasons.
The question is how he bowled with pace. And the answer is he chucked. Thats y he won't be considered as a great bowler. Neither by fans nor by cricketers.
And comparing to a loser like afridi shows your cricketing knowledge.
Not all Indians mate. I rate Shoaib very highly as a player, he had one of the best Strike rates in test cricket at one point! Exceptional player but far to injury prone, off field and behaviour issues. I remember in one Aus tour, he took a few top order wickets and had Aus in trouble, but got injured and missed the rest of the series. That was typical Shoaib sadly.

Yes he was crazy and a freak, the comments made by some guys shows they haven't played serious cricket or even held a cricket ball.Try chucking a cricket ball for 2 overs with full force lol, you wont bowl for 2 weeks lol, I doubt an average male can bowl or chuck above 60 miles.sHOAIB HAD A HYPER EXTENSION , MOST OF HIS DELIVERIES WERE LEGAL,VERY FEW TIMES YOU FELT A GLITCH IN HIS ACTION.He was an under achiever and had personal problems, but I would any day stay up at night and see him bowl to Sehwag, or Tendulkar, same for Lee, Bond who I think was very clean action and also could have been the best if not for injuries.I would choose Waseem , Waqar , Zaheer, Bond, Marshall, over Shoaibany day, they were masters of their craft, not just having one string to their bow , see Tait what did he do?As far as blatant chucking Murali, Bangladeshi spinner Razzak, Rajesh Chauhan, Lee sometimes,Botha,Shabbir Ahmed, Inzi lol

Yes he was crazy and a freak' date=' the comments made by some guys shows they haven't played serious cricket or even held a cricket ball.Try chucking a cricket ball for 2 overs lol you wont bowl for 2 weeks lol, I doubt an average male can bowl or chuck above 60 miles.sHOAIB HAD A HYPER EXTENSION , MOST OF HIS DELIVERIES WERE LEGAL,VERY FEW TIMES YOU FELT A GLITCH IN HIS ACTION.He was an under achiever and had personal problems, but I would any day stay up at night and see him bowl to Sehwag, or Tendulkar, same for Lee, Bond who I think was very clean action and also could have been the best if not for injuries.I would choose Waseem , Waqar , Zaheer, Bond, Marshall, over Shoaib.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: Maybe u have a weak physique to bowl more than 2 overs. Go watch baseball dude, they throw balls at 90-95 mphs every day. I have seen lot of examples in local matches where people who has suspecting action used to bowl faster than any bowlers for years. This just shows how much of cricket u have played in ur life. Hyper extension was an excuse used by shoaib to chuck. Rp singh too has hyper extension in his elbow, but he never chucked. Whereas shoaib who agreed of tampering the ball, fighting with his team mates, would have no honesty and he knew he was chucking the ball deliberately.

Have you followed baseball my friend or ever watched it live, do you know the fitness level of these players, we are talking about 250 lbs, 6 5" , players who are rotated pitchers dont play every game, their technique is different, been there done that, have you ever watched or played at any serious competetive level my friend , lol arm chair critic , it is easy to be one, with due respect.Chucking a tennis ball to cricket ball is completely different, the fastest bowler that you might have seen might be slower then Kumble thats how much difference the level of pro's is, When someone is bowling fast , feels like a missile is heading in your direction, you can actually hear the sound of the ball whizzing past lol, HYPER EXTENSION IS A REFLEX ACTION , IT INCREASES THRU MOTION, AND GETTING PERSONAL WITH SOMEONE WHO IS JUST MAKING A GENERAL OBSERVATION DOES TELL ME ABOUT YOUR MENTAL AGE , yES Holding is the W Indies Counterpart to mr Bedi who although was a great cricketer , his observations and comments are whacky, maybe that's the reason you like him

Have you followed baseball my friend or ever watched it live' date=' do you know the fitness level of these players, we are talking about 250 lbs, 6 5" , players who are rotated pitchers dont play every game, their technique is different, been there done that, have you ever watched or played at any serious competetive level my friend , lol arm chair critic , it is easy to be one, with due respect.Chucking a tennis ball to cricket ball is completely different, the fastest bowler that you might have seen might be slower then Kumble thats how much difference the level of pro's is, When someone is bowling fast , feels like a missile is heading in your direction, you can actually hear the sound of the ball whizzing past lol[/quote'] I have watched baseball dude, may be not live. I was saying with a strong physiqe shoiab used to do it without much problem. Definitely shoaib was as big as those baseball players. Shoaib had an advantage of running in and chuck. have u every played any competitive cricket? players with suspecting action do bowl quick then the other ones. Kamran khan was picked from local matches by rajasthan royals. He used to bowl quick when he was chucking. He lost pace when was not allowed to chuck. The way u r speaking sounds like u have played for some ranji team.lol:hysterical: . I myself was a pace bowler in my college team i am training with my junior players everyday. Now dont teach abt pace bowling, i know better then u abt pace bowling.
I have watched baseball dude, may be not live. I was saying with a strong physiqe shoiab used to do it without much problem. Definitely shoaib was as big as those baseball players. Shoaib had an advantage of running in and chuck. have u every played any competitive cricket? players with suspecting action do bowl quick then the other ones. Kamran khan was picked from local matches by rajasthan royals. He used to bowl quick when he was chucking. He lost pace when was not allowed to chuck. The way u r speaking sounds like u have played for some ranji team.lol:hysterical: . I myself was a pace bowler in my college team i am training with my junior players everyday. Now dont teach abt pace bowling, i know better then u abt pace bowling.
You are right all your comments suggest U R A RETARD ,WHEN YOU SAY ANYONE CAN RUN AND CHUCK TO 90 MPH SUGGEST U LIVE IN la la land,yes I have 3 people not one in my family who played Ranji , I have played with an international player , yes I have seen a bowler bowl at 140 , lol , yes I have played and watched LIVE BASEBALL mlb, and yes I know it takes a super human to play this game at this level , forget bowling try batting for 50 overs lol.Then again you might be a 14 year old kid or a girl :hatsoff:so I give you the benefit of doubt for your stupidity , and yes I am embarressed to reply to u , so bye