Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Apart from the 1st Test' date=' Patto was mediocre. Siddle looked more threatening than him, IMO.[/quote'] Pattinson was good through out the series.He was the only bowler who troubled us ,he out bowled siddle in the test matches he played.If australians had not been stupid and homeworkgate him at mohali he would have been a handful on that track
He was decent with his variations. I think McGrath for the latter 4-5 years of his career was around 130s and still did well.
Yes, McGrath was good with his accurate yorkers. You do not always need pace with yorkers. It is accuracy which is must. You miss a few inches and bats are so good these days that, you can easily travel for boundaries.
Bhuvi was bowling brilliantly earlier but looks like he has lost 5 k in pace' date=' with the pace he also lost seam movement, he bowled 130 to 137 earlier and got good seam movement, he is young and should develop rather then regress, he should look at Hilfy who has a similar action and worked hard and upped his pace from 130 to 140 k and changed as a bowler.[/quote'] Hilfy has completely different action. No similarity between the two. Hilfy has much better action. Hilfy was round armish. I doubt BK can gain much pace with this action as his action is flawed and not made for pace.
He was good too. He got some decent movement in the game only at Ranchi which Bhuvi didnt play and he would have been very effective there. In the 6th ODI, Bhuvi did better than him on a flat track. In the final ODI, Bhuvi kept it tight and bowled at a decent economy rate given the conditions and the overall scoring rate.
Even Pune was a damn good pitch for pacers, best pitch of the series, IMO. It had pace, bounce, and seam everything.
Apart from the 1st Test' date=' Patto was mediocre. Siddle looked more threatening than him, IMO.[/quote'] What really? People have short memories, again proved. You still need to remember when Pattinson was dropped after homework gate, how everyone had a sign of relief. Siddle was second best after Pattinson and had bowled well in Mohali. Pattinson was very good throughout. we just played him out well.
So we come back to the point that somebody who hits the deck hard and has high release speed has more tools to take wickets in apparently unhelpful conditions, provided he is bowling well. It seems, many poster think that it is a foolish notion and should never be discussed. :winky:
BK also has a high release speed.

I just hope people cut down their expectations from the attack of Zaheer, Bhuvi, Umesh and Shami doing miracles away from home. IMO Zak (in decent form), Ishant, Sreesanth / Umesh (in Aus) was no less an attack, look how they failed to click as a unit. Ishant was bowling 150+ in Aus yet hardly got any wickets. Bhuvi, Shami and Pandey will give the attack some freshness but I don't expect them to run through test batting line ups getting teams out for 200-250. Not allowing them to rake up 550-600+ totals like in Eng/Aus would be good start.

I just hope people cut down their expectations from the attack of Zaheer, Bhuvi, Umesh and Shami doing miracles away from home. IMO Zak (in decent form), Ishant, Sreesanth / Umesh (in Aus) was no less an attack, look how they failed to click as a unit. Ishant was bowling 150+ in Aus yet hardly got any wickets. Bhuvi, Shami and Pandey will give the attack some freshness but I don't expect them to run through test batting line ups getting teams out for 200-250. Not allowing them to rake up 550-600+ totals like in Eng/Aus would be good start.
Ishant was completely out of form during that period. Sreesanth was always hot and cold. We need 3 inform pacers and they can do well. Still, you are right high expectations lead to real disappointments.

The NZ tour in Jan next year is the one series which this young test side should aim to win. Will be a major boost in their continued development. The SA tour will be hampered because of lack of acclimatization time and taking both the tests there to 5th day would be a good enough achievement, a 1-0 loss almost like a drawn series and winning one of the tests would be a miracle.

Yes' date=' McGrath was good with his accurate yorkers. You do not always need pace with yorkers. It is accuracy which is must. You miss a few inches and bats are so good these days that, you can easily travel for boundaries.[/quote'] Mcgrath ws tall which helped.
Hilfy has completely different action. No similarity between the two. Hilfy has much better action. Hilfy was round armish. I doubt BK can gain much pace with this action as his action is flawed and not made for pace.
We had a talk about it, Hilfy wasn't that round armish earlier he tweaked his action and became very good, Bhuvi can work on his action too, when I get some time I'll show comparatively they do have similar elements to their action, both arms in front of their chest atnload up, , Hilfy got a bit more round armish later but they have similar elements to their action
We had a talk about it' date=' Hilfy wasn't that round armish earlier he tweaked his action and became very good, Bhuvi can work on his action too, when I get some time I'll show comparatively they do have similar elements to their action, both arms in front of their chest atnload up, , Hilfy got a bit more round armish later but they have similar elements to their action[/quote'] He might not always be round armish but it was always better than BK. Hilfy's issue was sustaining the pace as he lacked stamina. BK goes too much inside his right shoulder to deliver the ball.

Yes ur analysis about Bhuvi is right, in simple words he does not use his body and left arm as lever but he does have a supple body , good wrist and quick arm , also he uses his back quite well, he can with some work at 135 to 142 k range where he woUld be a different bowler. Also noticed Shami is running in better and looks more in rhythm he does have more left in the tank and the first ball in his spell was above 140 so he has natural pace

He might not always be round armish but it was always better than BK. Hilfy's issue was sustaining the pace as he lacked stamina. BK goes too much inside his right shoulder to deliver the ball.
Nice analysis. Bhuvi actually does go inside his right shoulder to deliver and hence does not use his shoulder strength fully. He is very wrist dependant. It would not be easy for him to increase pace with this action, like Hilfy has . Hilfy's action uses his right shoulder more. I think PK has an action similar to BK in some ways and he too finds it difficult to hit the deck hard. This action is more conducive to floating the ball.