Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Varun , Umesh are friends , let them be in the squad learn , grow, compete together, Varun has g8 seam postion , can swing , reverse,ALSO SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEAM.Aaron a bit faster then Umesh though, with a lethal short ball, it is a learning curve for these two , let us see how they progress

Varun ' date=' Umesh are friends , let them be in the squad learn , grow, [b']compete together, Varun has g8 seam postion , can swing , reverse,ALSO SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEAM.Aaron a bit faster then Umesh though, with a lethal short ball, it is a learning curve for these two , let us see how they progress
Good point. This maybe the solution to them not losing pace, especially if Umesh keeps taking wickets at pace and is choosen in the playing 11.
Good point. This maybe the solution to them not losing pace' date=' especially if Umesh keeps taking wickets at pace and is choosen in the playing 11.[/quote'] I am excited about the talent we have at present with faster bowlers, spinners, batsmen.IT IS UPTO THE SELECTOR'S AND CAPTAIN TO SEE THAT IT IS NOT WASTED , the team can form a formidable bench and compete to be strong and not rely on 6 players forming the core.I hope we learn the lesson's from England tour, as u see the Aussies , Poms are gaining ground, SA is loosing on the quota system though not a bad team.
I am excited about the talent we have at present with faster bowlers' date=' spinners, batsmen.IT IS UPTO THE SELECTOR'S AND CAPTAIN TO SEE THAT IT IS NOT WASTED , the team can form a formidable bench and compete to be strong and not rely on 6 players forming the core.I hope we learn the lesson's from England tour, as u see the Aussies , Poms are gaining ground, SA is loosing on the quota system though not a bad team.[/quote'] The right type of new players must be choosen. Pacers with deccent pace and some movement, spinners with spin including top spin ... preferably the wrong-uns as well and batsmen who can play both on the front foot as well as the back foot ( for test batsmen ) so that they can handle the swinging as well as bouncing ball. The Indian selectors often choose the wrong type of players.

What happens if MUnaf Musa Patel returns for WI series? Will Yadav be benched for Munaf or Vinay will be benched? Though we have seen that Munaf is a stock bowler who contains while Yadav showed that he can break partnership in middle overs which we have been lacking in the absence of Zak.

What happens if MUnaf Musa Patel returns for WI series? Will Yadav be benched for Munaf or Vinay will be benched? Though we have seen that Munaf is a stock bowler who contains while Yadav showed that he can break partnership in middle overs which we have been lacking in the absence of Zak.
He has the opportunity to cement his place in the starting 11 by outperforming Kooomar.
Cannot answer that without being biased because I'm a Munaf fanboy. :isalute:
I was when he debuted but not now. I tell what problem I have with Munaf. It is not speed which is a problem. It is his seam position. For a line and length bowler, he has scrambled seam, not upright which is a weakness as he does not get much swing or seam due to this reason. He also gets less bounce as ball does not hit the seam. His seam was never that good, but he was quicker when he debuted so pace and accuracy compensated for lack of good seam, but as pace gone and he tried to become Indian McGrath, he forgot to improve his seam position which was McGrath's biggest asset.
I was when he debuted but not now. I tell what problem I have with Munaf. It is not speed which is a problem. It is his seam position. For a line and length bowler, he has scrambled seam, not upright which is a weakness as he does not get much swing or seam due to this reason. He also gets less bounce as ball does not hit the seam. His seam was never that good, but he was quicker when he debuted so pace and accuracy compensated for lack of good seam, but as pace gone and he tried to become Indian McGrath, he forgot to improve his seam position which was McGrath's biggest asset.
Very good analysis. Bowlers who try to emulate McGrath and people who analyze McGrath, stating that he was not express, forget that he had a superb seam position and got seam movement and steep bounce almost always.
Very good analysis. Bowlers who try to emulate McGrath and people who analyze McGrath' date=' stating that he was not express, forget that he had a superb seam position and got seam movement and steep bounce almost always.[/quote'] McGrath the greatest bowler i have seen since i started following cricket in 99!
McGrath the greatest bowler i have seen since i started following cricket in 99!
Apart from fast-medium pace, steep bounce from 6'5" height, superb seam position and seam movement and pinpoint accuracy frrom close to the stumps -- Mcgrath was a very intelligent bowler who planned and executed his dismissals to perfection. Supposedly he had a superb memory and could remember the way he had dismissed every batman he had ever bowled to. Intelligent bowlers like McGrath and Kumble are a rare and special breed.