Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

What happens if MUnaf Musa Patel returns for WI series? Will Yadav be benched for Munaf or Vinay will be benched? Though we have seen that Munaf is a stock bowler who contains while Yadav showed that he can break partnership in middle overs which we have been lacking in the absence of Zak.
Munaf is out for at least 3-4 months with an ankle injury. Dont think he will be fit even for the Australia ODI series.
Zaheer will sit out of ODIs :) Dont want to see him play ODIs or t20s anymore for India. Lets use whateer little he has left in him for tests in the next 12-18 months.
But he has not taken any decision about not playing ODIs. IMO, Zak should play ODIs as well and guide these new bowlers for at least first 6 months by the time they completely take over the batan from Zaheer.
Many Indian pacers have dropped down a few yards of pace for accuracy, but Yadav is not ready to compromise on his speed. "Pace has become my identity. Even Eric Simmons (India's bowling coach, who is also Delhi Daredevils coach in IPL) has advised me not to cut down my pace. I am following his advice. Hopefully things will come my way in Australia," he said.
all hail Eric Simmons :hatsoff:
But he has not taken any decision about not playing ODIs. IMO' date=' Zak should play ODIs as well and guide these new bowlers for at least first 6 months by the time they completely take over the batan from Zaheer.[/quote'] Nahi yaar, in ODIs we can somehow manage even if Zak isn't there. But we definitely need him, in tests for next 12-18 months and hope by then Ishant moves to the next level and at east a few out of Umesh, Tyagi, Aaron, Nechim etc are ready for the longer format.
Varun can swing the ball both ways as was evident in the recently concluded Irani Trophy.
I am Sorry ..i think the ball did not swing much in irani trophy when he bowled and he did generate pace some times but he was disappointing in PACE as well... it was hard to beleive that he was under 130K ..50% of time ..it made me feel he is going the MUNAF way, he was trying to be accurate but whats the point of accuracy if u become a trundler. He was accurate in the irani trophy - but did he get wickets? NO( got 1 in the second innings). one needs to be pacy n accurate to get wickets..what a trundler can do at the best is become a PK...as i call him a trundler King...VK is trying to do so..but i feel his days will be few in international cricket. fast bowler like UMESH ( or Varun) if bowling well , will succeed consistently. do u know Umesh got a batsman batting well at 46( KP) and a batsman batting at 42( Patel)..batsman who make 46 and 42 against INDIAN bowlers go on to make a century most of the time as they really get settled ....that makes PACE Special

I think we are bigging up Umesh and Varun a little too much...reminds me of how the English big up every batsman who can hit a four as the next Viv Richards and every bowler who can bowl a decent ball as the next McGrath. Let's not put too much attention on these folks...let them play. Not that our discussions on ICF will make any difference to them but at least we need not build up too many expectations prematurely. It is always better to be pleasantly surprised.

I am Sorry ..i think the ball did not swing much in irani trophy when he bowled and he did generate pace some times but he was disappointing in PACE as well... it was hard to beleive that he was under 130K ..50% of time ..it made me feel he is going the MUNAF way, he was trying to be accurate but whats the point of accuracy if u become a trundler. He was accurate in the irani trophy - but did he get wickets? NO( got 1 in the second innings). one needs to be pacy n accurate to get wickets..what a trundler can do at the best is become a PK...as i call him a trundler King...VK is trying to do so..but i feel his days will be few in international cricket. fast bowler like UMESH ( or Varun) if bowling well , will succeed consistently. do u know Umesh got a batsman batting well at 46( KP) and a batsman batting at 42( Patel)..batsman who make 46 and 42 against INDIAN bowlers go on to make a century most of the time as they really get settled ....that makes PACE Special
I think the biggest factor that was evident in both these dismissals was that- reflex time was very less for the batsman to adjust. Like in KP's case, he played a wrong shot against Umesh and he could not make the adjustment at the last moment. Whereas against a trundler like VK, you still have time to adjust at the last moment if you r playing a wrong shot. Umesh is clearly 15 kms faster than VK and the more time he spends with the Indian team and international standard support staff, he will become more quicker
Is everything all right with you? Don't embarass yourself anymore and stop calling yourself as an Indian fan. Disgusting.
I know buddy, he should not have said like that but let us see the other side of the coin. If Munaf Patel was not injured, then we would not have seen Umesh Yadav in action. Bcoz Dhoni loves trundlers and he'd have played Munaf and VK instead of Umesh. But now, he is bound to play Umesh Yadav.
I think we are bigging up Umesh and Varun a little too much...reminds me of how the English big up every batsman who can hit a four as the next Viv Richards and every bowler who can bowl a decent ball as the next McGrath. Let's not put too much attention on these folks...let them play. Not that our discussions on ICF will make any difference to them but at least we need not build up too many expectations prematurely. It is always better to be pleasantly surprised.
Desperation :cantstop: . We are only comparing our bowlers with our own other mediocre bowlers get orgasms. :cantstop: . As a fan i have had enough bad experience hyping up bowlers for pace. We don't have any bowlers who are real deal. You know when you see one. Umesh is definitely not one among them at this point. May be he will get better. But going by history of other Indian pacers i keep my expectation low.
If discussing something good will not make any difference then it will not harm anyone as well. So keep enjoying
Desperation :cantstop: . We are only comparing our bowlers with our own other mediocre bowlers get orgasms. :cantstop: . As a fan i have had enough bad experience hyping up bowlers for pace. We don't have any bowlers who are real deal. You know when you see one. Umesh is definitely not one among them at this point. May be he will get better. But going by history of other Indian pacers i keep my expectation low.
According to you even Australia, South Africa, and England don't have any fast bowlers who are real deal.:cantstop:
According to you even Australia' date=' South Africa, and England don't have any fast bowlers who are real deal.:cantstop:[/quote'] First of all they are nowhere hyped as we hype our "pace machines". Infact Johnson for all the criticisms he is getting from all sundries won a test for Australia singlehandedly against England. He already got 187 wickets in 45 tests. He was never hyped as much as Umesh is. We are just desperate.
First of all they are nowhere hyped as we hype our "pace machines". Infact Johnson for all the criticisms he is getting from all sundries won a test for Australia singlehandedly against England. He already got 187 wickets in 45 tests. He was never hyped as much as Umesh is. We are just desperate.
WE have not even hyped Umesh Yadav yet. We are only talking about here on a forum. Don't you see how ex and present Australians and English hype their players. Johnson was hyped so much when he debuted in 2007. Every ex and present cricketer one was talking about Johnson. Look at how much Aussies are talking about Cummins just because he can bowl 145K. No ex or present Indian cricketer talk like that. Gavaskar does not even say Yadav is quick while we saw how he hurried the England batsmen. Similarly, Steven Finn is talked about since he was 18 year old by Bumble and others and was only bowling 130K. I watched how poor he was in U19 WC in 2008 which India colts won. What Finn has done in this series till now is to see for every one. Look at how they are hyping Dernbach for his variations, yorkers, pace, etc, and has still been thrashed in most matches against us. Problem is their bowlers come, they may not be best to start, but they encourage their bowlers and then they improve and become real deal. No one is real deal from day one, even Steyn wasn't. You talk about Johnson, but forget about how Ishant worn the MOS on flattest of the track against Aussies and at the age of 22, already has more than 100 wickets. He can only improve form here.
Problem is their bowlers come, they may not be best to start, but they encourage their bowlers and then they improve and become real deal. No one is real deal from day one, even Steyn wasn't.
This is the part i don't get. Are you saying fast bowlers are discouraged in India. Ishant after bowling one good spell against punter finished with a bowling average of 60 in Australia was rewarded with 950k per year in the IPL. WHat more do you need to get encouragement. We certainly lack lot of things that English bowlers, Australian bowlers, SA bowlers possess. Stamina, strength, athleticism. That is why our bowlers just fall away. Yes it was all fun to make fun of venky (including me) that he asked them to bowl slow. Even after he left situation was the same. over a period without being able to handle the workload they drop the pace on their own and fall in oblivion. Sreesanth is the only guy who look like giving everything everytime. Unfortunately that is far from enough.