Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

I feel sorry for Ishant Sharma in a way...the lad bowled pretty well today and I thought should have gotten at least one wicket to show for his efforts in the day. I am just not able to understand why the guy does not pick up wickets. He bowls decently enough, beats the bat frequently enough, in fact he bowled a peach to Pawning in the first session but just dunn get wickets. He goes at like 2-2.5 wickets per match which is pathetic given that he is a frontline bowler. On the other hand Ummu seems to have a knack of picking up wickets. I remember opining during the England ODI series that Ummu dunn look like someone who can run thru a side but Varun does. I am more than happy to be on the way of being proven wrong. But Ummu has a few four ball deliveries every other over and he needs to work on that. Zak was very good today and it was nice to see him bowl 20+ overs. He looked in good rhythm. Does anyone know what speeds he was clocking? I slept thru the post-lunch session and woke up again when they were like 220 for 6...but did catch the score at 110 for 2, 140 for 2. And I saw till the 23rd over Ash had bowled a couple...bowled a beauty to Pawning. But I missed most of Ash's bowling. How did he do?

He is the most exciting young prospect. Has smoothened his run up. Bowls with rhytm and pace without much effort. He needs to focus a bit on accuracy.
yep.slight complaint about him bowling some bad balls but you can see he has the license to go for wickets,he will definitely get better as the tour goes on.

^

Big pluses for Umesh today -- Quickest of 150.1 k, atleast 2 deliveries at 150 k or more, average speed around 143.5 k and lots of deliveries at 145 k or more. -- He bowled a lot of outswingers, a few inswingers and incutters as well. -- Looked threatening whenever he was accurate and comes across as a true strike bowler in tests. Bowled quick bouncers also .

Umesh is a FAST bowler,cricinfo indian hypocrite reporters need to respect our pacers,he bowled faster then Cummins , Marchant da lange , bowlers who are being touted as express,he touched 150 quite a few times,hit Ponting , ED COWAN ON HELMET AND BODY bowled with stamina , heart, all day , a natural, hope he stays fit, best Indian bowler I have seen along with Zak.Selectors were blind not to see Umesh , Varun 2 years before, had to have the debacle in England for them to save their face and get em , along with duds VK, Mithun who are being persisted with.

Boycott would call him military medium. He called Ishant that but Anderson' date=' bowling at an average speed of 132 k, was quick according to the " great guy ". :cantstop:[/quote'] lets boycott this gr8 man boycott :finger: to the great guy! i relaly dont care wht these guys say tbh i want him to get 2 more wickets tomorrow and finish with 5 that would increase his confidence so much!
Umesh is a FAST bowler' date='cricinfo indian hypocrite reporters need to respect our pacers,he bowled faster then Cummins , Marchant da lange , bowlers who are being touted as express,he touched 150 quite a few times,hit Ponting , ED COWAN ON HELMET AND BODY bowled with stamina , heart, all day , a natural, hope he stays fit, best Indian bowler I have seen along with Zak.Selectors were blind not to see Umesh , Varun 2 years before, had to have the debacle in England for them to save their face and get em , along with duds VK, Mithun who are being persisted with.[/quote'] he is quick no doubt and honestly this wasnt even his best performance i think maybe later in series he will bowl w/o being nervous and with control he bowled some beauties today even last bowl today bowled by him was gr8 one he is gonna get much much consistent imo cummings is overrated but pattinson i want to see him bowl he is a good one
he is quick no doubt and honestly this wasnt even his best performance i think maybe later in series he will bowl w/o being nervous and with control he bowled some beauties today even last bowl today bowled by him was gr8 one he is gonna get much much consistent imo cummings is overrated but pattinson i want to see him bowl he is a good one
Cummins is better then Pattinson they are both a bit over hyped, I was very impressed with Marchant Da Lange, as I mentioned before, Zak, UY, Ishant ,Ashwin, to me is as good a bowling attack as SA, ENGLAND,our results in England reflect poor selections and also Dhoni's choice to play only certain players.
Cummins is better then Pattinson they are both a bit over hyped' date=' I was very impressed with Marchant Da Lange, as I mentioned before, Zak, UY, Ishant ,Ashwin, to me is as good a bowling attack as SA, ENGLAND,our results in England reflect poor selections and also Dhoni's choice to play only certain players.[/quote'] thing is yadav might easily get 5-6 wicket haul tomorrow people will still say cummings is better (that wicket was even more bowling friendly then this) pattinson thing abt him is his bowling is simple good action.. will pitch it up and swing it away still he is no dale steyn and we handled steyn we can surely handle him i just know gambhir will score tomorrow :--D oh wait today lmfao