Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Yup both Yadav and Aaron needs to be given a run... They should be used as strike bowlers... the captain should use them in short spells.. give them attacking fields... ask them to give their best in every ball and bowl to field... They will go for runs, but if persisted we will reap the benefits...

Wickets on A tour. Plus imo bowled really well in SA odis were bowling 90 to 95mph despite captain corrupt trying to wreck him with 13 0vers in 10 spells Pace wins you tests, blows away tail. Why o why is this fella not played and backed. Yes will have off days but can win matches and will get better and better. We need fast bowlers O well we love our trundlers!

our attack did well on flat pitch for most part.even Yadav and guys struggled in last A match.
Our pacers have bowled one or two good spells in many a test match. It is the ability to actually run through a side that they lack. The national team attack is completely bereft of any pace and fire, something which the A team has to a reasonable extent.

If the selectors have any sense, this guy must be on the next plane to England!! You do not leave your Strike bowler out of the freaking Test squad. Even on this pitch, he'd have been effective as he's proven to be an excellent exponent of Reverse swing on dry surfaces.

Our pacers have bowled one or two good spells in many a test match. It is the ability to actually run through a side that they lack. The national team attack is completely bereft of any pace and fire' date=' something which the A team has to a reasonable extent.[/quote'] yes but they still struggled vs Aus A batsmen in last match.Also finishing things comes down to captaincy too,you can't fault bowlers much when all fielders are on boundaries for a tailender.
yes but they still struggled vs Aus A batsmen in last match.Also finishing things comes down to captaincy too' date='you can't fault bowlers much when all fielders are on boundaries for a tailender.[/quote'] Our captain is pretty bad. I think we both agree on that. But we can't change it. But, the bowling attack as a whole must have atleast one bowler, if not more, who can bowl 140 k+ , or a bouncy bowler who can be 135 k +, to put pressure when the ball is not moving. Our national team does not have that. While our A team has two such pacers who are wicket takers. That's what I am saying.
Our captain is pretty bad. I think we both agree on that. But we can't change it. But, the bowling attack as a whole must have atleast one bowler, if not more, who can bowl 140 k+ , or a bouncy bowler who can be 135 k +, to put pressure when the ball is not moving. Our national team does not have that. While our A team has two such pacers who are wicket takers. That's what I am saying.
Shami is that 140+ bowler.this match I believe hes unfit. Ishant gets bounce.Bhuvi gets movement even with old ball he has shown.so they are as much wicket taking imo. when ball is not moving even 140+ wouldnt help.you have to get either conventional or reverse swing or seam and bounce.
Our captain is pretty bad. I think we both agree on that. But we can't change it. But, the bowling attack as a whole must have atleast one bowler, if not more, who can bowl 140 k+ , or a bouncy bowler who can be 135 k +, to put pressure when the ball is not moving. Our national team does not have that. While our A team has two such pacers who are wicket takers. That's what I am saying.
I like super fast bowlers as well but to be honest....last India A match where we took 5 wickets for less than 100 but there was a huge 6th wicket partnership and bumrah and umesh couldn't do much .... Having said that , i like bumrah and umesh and would like to see them ASAP in Indian colors Moreover, bumrah can be very good in ODI's esp in dearth .... We have a exciting next world cup --- SHAMI, UMESH, BHUVI, BUMRAH and MISHRA .... thats my bowling line up .... 3 of them over 140++
Shami is that 140+ bowler.this match I believe hes unfit. Ishant gets bounce.Bhuvi gets movement even with old ball he has shown.so they are as much wicket taking imo. when ball is not moving even 140+ wouldnt help.you have to get either conventional or reverse swing or seam and bounce.
Shami is not 145ks.Umesh can beat batsman with pace. Ishant is too inconsistent in spells . Bhuvi was really poor to top order with no penetration.
Shami is not really a fast bowler. Even at his quickest, not more than a few deliveries are above 140 k in tests. More importantly, He does not push the batsmen on the backfoot. Ishant gets bounce at 130 k these days. Very few above 135 k. He does not push the batsmen on the backfoot either. This is Bhuvi's first good performance in 7 tests. We don't know whether he can do it with any regularity. Also, he needs to go up to around 130 k. It is very difficult for a short pacer to get regular wickets at 125 k. We need atleast one pacer, whoever that might be, who can push the batsmen on the backfoot and bowl with some fire. The other 2 bowlers can perform better then.
I like super fast bowlers as well but to be honest....last India A match where we took 5 wickets for less than 100 but there was a huge 6th wicket partnership and bumrah and umesh couldn't do much .... Having said that , i like bumrah and umesh and would like to see them ASAP in Indian colors Moreover, bumrah can be very good in ODI's esp in dearth .... We have a exciting next world cup --- SHAMI, UMESH, BHUVI, BUMRAH and MISHRA .... thats my bowling line up .... 3 of them over 140++
I am talking of a good bowling combination. Shami, Bhuvi etc. all have potential. But only when used in the right combination. I am not talking about just including superfast bowlers. But different types of bowlers to take care of different conditions. Complete lack of fire in the bowling attack won't do.