Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Can blame the tracks for that but he did won us champions trophy and I honestly cannot blame him for performance on very flat tracks but he seems to be improving now ever since world t20
All bowlers did pretty well in CT, not just him. Even spinners. He had 6 wickets in 5 matches which isnt really called winning it. Kaddu had 12 in 5, Ishant 10 in 5, Ashwin 8 in 5. He has been economical but you expect a new ball bowler to take wickets. You cant win without picking wickets.
All bowlers did pretty well in CT, not just him. Even spinners. He had 6 wickets in 5 matches which isnt really called winning it. Kaddu had 12 in 5, Ishant 10 in 5, Ashwin 8 in 5. He has been economical but you expect a new ball bowler to take wickets. You cant win without picking wickets.
Has not picked wickets recently in odis ? It's clear he had quiet time in middle and was even dropped but he came back to form in world t20 and we all saw his zip of track back even in ipl which was earlier missing even in South Africa and New Zealand
Has not picked wickets recently in odis ? It's clear he had quiet time in middle and was even dropped but he came back to form in world t20 and we all saw his zip of track back even in ipl which was earlier missing even in South Africa and New Zealand
He has 19 wickets in last 25 matches at 55. ER is very good though. Off late, has been a bit better, in last 7 ODIs, 7 wickets at 32 and also remember he has barely bowled in death overs recently.
He has 19 wickets in last 25 matches at 55. ER is very good though. Off late' date=' has been a bit better, in last 7 ODIs, 7 wickets at 32 and also remember he has barely bowled in death overs recently.[/quote'] Well then question remains is that economy worth it in odis ? From what I have seen it is good for India as shami and every other bowler is very expensive but they do pick wickets ..this balances it out I guess
Well then question remains is that economy worth it in odis ? From what I have seen it is good for India as shami and every other bowler is very expensive but they do pick wickets ..this balances it out I guess
That isn't how it works. ODIs are now more about picking wickets rather than bowling economically. If teams have wickets in hand, they will score big anyway. This was the same reason Bhajji was dropped from the ODI side. Good ER but not able to pick wickets.
That isn't how it works. ODIs are now more about picking wickets rather than bowling economically. If teams have wickets in hand' date=' they will score big anyway. This was the same reason Bhajji was dropped from the ODI side. Good ER but not able to pick wickets.[/quote'] But that cannot be true as his own economy is not high even after bowling at end Also he does picks wickets at start and South Africa and New Zealand we can say is bad form and since world t20 he has always gotten Important wickets and in odis if you go for 4 rpo pressure is on batsman to score and it leads to wickets at other end too ...we can look at it both ways but for me he has done quite well in odis With him we need 2 bowlers like umesh and shami who pick wickets but yes if you don't play them then he can be liability
But that cannot be true as his own economy is not high even after bowling at end Also he does picks wickets at start and South Africa and New Zealand we can say is bad form and since world t20 he has always gotten Important wickets and in odis if you go for 4 rpo pressure is on batsman to score and it leads to wickets at other end too ...we can look at it both ways but for me he has done quite well in odis With him we need 2 bowlers like umesh and shami who pick wickets but yes if you don't play them then he can be liability
He has not bowled much at the end. Averaging 37, SR 47 cannot be called done quite well. Bhajji was dropped with similar figures.
He has not bowled much at the end. Averaging 37' date=' SR 47 cannot be called done quite well. Bhajji was dropped with similar figures.[/quote'] Bhajji was quite useless as spinner and was dropped from all formats and not just shorter it's deper problem of just thinking he is finished and is not comparable to bhuvi Also my point is if he bowls at death he will pick more wickets it goes both ways and you urself said that since world t20 he is lot better and in his short career average can be so mis leading once he was compared to akaram and 5 good months more and same thing will happen
He has been unlucky.regularly gets swing on pattas but beats the bat instead of taking edges. Might even need a slight adjustment of length.but its harsh to say hes bowled badly
Bhajji wasnt bowling badly too in ODIs, was not easy to hit, good ER, still was dropped. I would say Bhajji would still be better than Ashwin in ODIs.
I have always said that there is huge difference between 138 k and 128 k but that is never noticed but 150 or 145 is for some reason magical number I think below 135 if you are not tall you always need help from either track or condition to be effective but if you have some weird advantage like being tall you can cope like ishant was clocking slower in one match but looked quicker to me than umesh it was where he got 4 I never ask for quick bowlers but 140 k or even 138 k with little bit of movement is deadly but 140 k or below you can adjust and to me steam bowls at perfect pace to still be quick but also have control I guess you have to find balance .. But opening bowler I disagree in odis you can cope as new ball will always swing and having variations like slower ball and Yorkers can be enough just look at bhuvi but in test I agree
I think 140k is the benchmark for being considered genuinely fast. 135-up to 140 is more like decent pace but not 'fast'. 145k and more is true pace where it alone is a weapon for bowler.
How did he bowl today?
Decent line and length mostly with some real bad balls inbetween. Pace .. 139 to 147 k. Looked quick today. Was bowling incutters and inswingers mostly. Consistently moving the ball. Normally he bowls many outswingers but very few today. Got steep bounce with a few deliveries. Looked like taking a wicket every over.
He lacks killer instinct' date=' doesnt have that fast bowlers attitude. It was evident in his last over when tail-enders were batting. He bowled very poorly. No effort like he is bowling in his backyard. Dont like such attitude if you want to become a good fast bowler.[/quote'] Last over he looked injured to me Won't be surprised if he has minor back injury and misses next few matches