West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Unless the pitch is a turner I don't see India going in with a 2-2 combination. We have lot of part timers who can roll their arm but no one who bowls seam up. It'll be exciting to see Ishant' date=' Yadav and Aaron to play together. I'd like Rahul Sharma to get a game as well.[/quote'] But yar wo fir 'Pagalpanti' ho jaegi!!:haha::haha: All the rookies in the team, Rahul, Yadav, Aaron and Ishant, then who will take wickets if something goes wrong
I agree with Bhajji being dropped' date='if he is hungry to play for India again then he will find a way to get back in.The rest of the squad is really weird.what are the qualifications of Aaron,rahul sharma and umesh yadav? why have they been selected to a test squad?[/quote'] Yadav has a FC average of 25
Injured ZAK Clowns like Sreesanth Overworked PK Ashish nehra doesnt play test matches Harbhajan Although I agree on the selection of Rahul Sharma. The guy hasn't played a international match yet, and yet he's in for the series.
Rahul Sharma won't play. He is there for grooming purposes only.
Someone please check up on rkt.inda. The guy hasn't posted in this thread yet! Hope he's alrite :cantstop:
There is nothing surprising in this selection apart from Yuvraaj, and Rahul Sharma who is a wild card, selected as 15th member, as we normally pick 14 players squad at home.

Very good squad picked. Suprised by it but generally happy. Points to note. 1. No reserve keeper, so Dhoni will be playing tests. No resting rubbish. Tests are paramount and best team must always be picked, he should rest odis. 2. Pace men in of Aaron and Yadav, great move, we need fast bowlers so giving these a run. PK very unlucky to be dropped though. 3. Yuvraj lucky to be picked. Good move raina axed as frankly he cant play short ball and is not long trerm ber for tests. They must play Kohli, he is the future. Rahane in is another good move as he is test player for future. 4. Dropping Bhaji is ridiculous, yes maybe not in team but squad!!!! Rahul Sharma is IPL pick for tests, not good move

4. Dropping Bhaji is ridiculous, yes maybe not in team but squad!!!! Rahul Sharma is IPL pick for tests, not good move
I would be stupid to pick bhajji in the squad if he isnt to be in starting XI. It makes lot more sense to let him bowl in Ranji trophy and regain form rather than wasting his time sitting on the bench.
Very good squad picked. Suprised by it but generally happy. 3. Yuvraj lucky to be picked. Good move raina axed as frankly he cant play short ball and is not long trerm ber for tests. They must play Kohli, he is the future. Rahane in is another good move as he is test player for future.
Rohit? :(( If cooli and phailraj fail this series, I hope Rohit and Pujara are brought in :pray: Yuvraj takes his spot for granted, Kohli is still fine tuning his game for test cricket.
Rohit? :(( If cooli and phailraj fail this series, I hope Rohit and Pujara are brought in :pray: Yuvraj takes his spot for granted, Kohli is still fine tuning his game for test cricket.
Rohit should be brought in the test squad as soon as possible. Yuvraaj's selection is baffling. Selectors and Yuvraaj himself need to understand that he was never a test batsman and will never be in the future. So it is time to look to others.
Rohit should be brought in the test squad as soon as possible. Yuvraaj's selection is baffling. Selectors and Yuvraaj himself need to understand that he was never a test batsman and will never be in the future. So it is time to look to others.
Yes yuvraj is poor pick. Rohit should be in ahead of him. Yuv is a short termism pick, glad they did not do same with raina. As raina would have plundred windies then flunked in oz. I actually rate Rahul Sharma, like the way he bowls. But with pacers you can pick themn depsite average records based on pace and potential if young. Spinners totally different, as they need track record. Very different in stamina terms of bowling 4 overs in IPL v 35 overs in a day. Rahul Shrama is very very strange pick
2. Pace men in of Aaron and Yadav, great move, we need fast bowlers so giving these a run. PK very unlucky to be dropped though. 3. Yuvraj lucky to be picked. Good move raina axed as frankly he cant play short ball and is not long trerm ber for tests. They must play Kohli, he is the future. Rahane in is another good move as he is test player for future.
Yuv is lucky, Im guessing it is only because Rohit and Pujara are not fully fit yet. Not sure about Aaron in the squad, he has no FC record to speak of. If he can not pick up domestic batsmen in India what chances vs Test bats.
Yuv is lucky' date=' Im guessing it is only because Rohit and Pujara are not fully fit yet. Not sure about Aaron in the squad, he has no FC record to speak of. If he can not pick up domestic batsmen in India what chances vs Test bats.[/quote'] If he can clean up and beat Cook for pace on one of the slowest pitch in the world, surely he can trouble others too.