West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Parthiv is a better test then odi bat , he sucked at domestic odi's too, I have my reservations of Dhoni being successfull in test's abroad also.Uthappa is a show pony also has bad technique,Rayudu if he can start keeping fulltime , Uday Kaul, KARTHICK ARE BETTER BETS . The biggest plus being with the total failure in England selectors , Dhoni made some forced choices, Umesh ,Ashwin, Rohit, to an extent Aaron are the finds for the WI series.

i have heard ppl using term 'ball moving under lights' eg asia cup 2010 final. how do floodlights help in making the ball swing?
That was more to do with bowler friendly conditions in Dambulla. Remember our 88 all out v NZ? We don't see any difficulty for batting or swing for seamers when we play at home under lights...

WI ODI team has much more fight than Eng Eng series became a one sided joke. compare it to how WI are fighting out they are making India work very hard for the runs and victories. Difference on our side has been no Dhoni who had a smashing Eng series. In fact in general this series has been much better with larger crowds at smaller centers, better spirit ( you have to like Sammy as a great guy) compared to bad mouthing spoiled english player and great performances (Rohit, Kohli, Rampaul, Russell)

Exactly, much more exciting than the England series. Lot of fighting spirit from WI and packed stadiums once again. Though have to add that Eng series was in a sense a revenge series and the players looked far more intense. Here as Sehwag said the other day, our batting line up clearly thinks they can chase down anything that WI puts up and hence there are shades of complacency here and there.

Eng fans can say the same about us for our series there. I am just happy to see improving WI team...which after decades seems to be playing as a TEAM. If they continue their hard work & learn from their experience...& continue playing as team....success & win will be there for them.