Dhoni will prove he is no FTB

bsr why aren't you miling this thread? Good innings by Dhoni, and he did indeed prove he's no flat track bully. His interview at the end was classy, and is indicative of his great attitude. yay, now we have 2 good wicketkeeper batsmen - screw pak hahaha

Right you miserable gits. My turn now. Today was a 5th day pitch, bowler friendly conditions against an attack with pace, swing and seam. Pressure situation and he delivers. FTB my ar#se. He is in the process of showing he is no FTB. If any of you had bothered to watch him in SA you may have realised this!

Guys like Dhoni and Karthik are needed in this team. As much as you would like to hate Dhoni for chickening out in the first inning, you would admire his grit in the second wouldn't you? I've always been saying technique is way over rated. Dhoni has his work against incoming short balls cut out. I hope he works at that, he looked pretty amateur even early in the inning playing against the short one but his grit and determination saw him through. This inning will help his confidence. On a tough 5th day pitch he saw the team through to a draw and that is one commendable job.

Guest dada_rocks
Guys like Dhoni and Karthik are needed in this team. As much as you would like to hate Dhoni for chickening out in the first inning' date=' you would admire his grit in the second wouldn't you? I've always been saying technique is way over rated. Dhoni has his work against incoming short balls cut out. I hope he works at that, he looked pretty amateur even early in the inning playing against the short one but his grit and determination saw him through. This inning will help his confidence. On a tough 5th day pitch he saw the team through to a draw and that is one commendable job.[/quote'] He cudn't see the ball due to faulty sight-screen

Dhoni has surpassed my expectations for the series. Prior to the series i had set a target of two 50s for Dhoni with an average of 35. With this 92, Dhoni now has two 50s and an average of 58 in 4 attempts, with one 50 saving us a test & another sealing a possible series win. Him & Karthik, the two keepers, have been the most influential Indian batsmen of the series thus far. Its a myth that Kamran is a technically better batsman than Dhoni. Technique or no technique Dhoni has done as well as Akmal in alien conditions. I would have liked Dhoni to have saved us the Durban test match. He almost did. That would have been a fantastic achievement. Dhoni has sealed his spot in the team for now.