Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

Harsh ! Feel bad for them . But what I worry most is, their mental state when they come out of their jail sentence. These are fine sportsmen who were good enough to be world's finest, instead they will be sharing space with murderers, terrorists and the likes. And trust me, their mental state after they come out will be horrendous. They dont deserve pity, however for the sake of sports they should be kept in solitude perhaps in some room , but not in jail. I know its not possible and I might sound stupid but really, lets not kill their talent by putting them in jail. Who knows, they might seriously have changed by now and am sure they have learnt their lesson.

Before the India England series, they were hailing the Rest of the World team as the worlds best and were calling the likes of Bothams, Hussains and Swann legends. The same people are being cursed on PP and the same ' legends' are cursing Pakistan at every opportunity they are getting !!! Poetic Justice !

Spot fixing cricketers have done the worst thing - Dhoni

http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.ani.com/spot-fixing-cricketers-have-done-worst-thing-dhoni-20111102/ New Delhi, Nov 2 (ANI): Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said the conviction of Pakistani cricketers Mohammad Asif and Salman Butt on spot fixing charges was unfortunate and the worst thing that anyone could do to his or her country. "When you are representing your country, that is the worst thing you can do. So when you do the worst thing, be prepared for the worst," said Dhoni. Butt and Asif were both found guilty in a London criminal court of fixing part of a test match against England. The case exposed the rampant corruption that lies at the heart of international cricket. The jury found Butt, 27 and opening bowler Asif, 28, plotting to bowl deliberate no-balls at pre-arranged times during the Lord's test in August last year. They were both convicted of conspiracy to cheat, which carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison. The jurors also found Butt and Asif guilty of conspiracy to accept corrupt payments carrying a prison term of seven years. (ANI)
Before the India England series' date= they were hailing the Rest of the World team as the worlds best and were calling the likes of Bothams, Hussains and Swann legends. The same people are being cursed on PP and the same ' legends' are cursing Pakistan at every opportunity they are getting !!! Poetic Justice !
U forgot allegiance to Queen
Before the India England series, they were hailing the Rest of the World team as the worlds best and were calling the likes of Bothams, Hussains and Swann legends. The same people are being cursed on PP and the same ' legends' are cursing Pakistan at every opportunity they are getting !!! Poetic Justice !
:giggle: Thats what happens when one focusses on others.
I am not sympthizing with them. What they did was wrong and they deserve not to ever set foot on a cricket field again.I am saying the jail sentences are too harsh.
Well, welcome to UK ;) its not india ,where you get involved in corruption and get away with .