Lets not get carried away

Re: Lets not get carried away It's ridiculous how people tend to get carried away. Dravid being photographed with his wife and kid and waving the Indian flag off the balcony, the many tributes on cricinfo and the sh*tloads of superlatives being showered all over the Indian cricketers by the press. You wouldn't be foolish to think that India had won the World Cup or something. It's amazing how stupid these celebrations get...for f*cks sake, India won just ONE test match, and the series isn't even over yet. It reminded me a bit of Bangladesh's overly-exaggerated celebrations after they beat Australia...:eew: No wonder they are never able to maintain their success - as they just buy in to all the hype. Winning is a habit, and victories shouldn't be one-offs. My message for the Indian team - put the confetti and all the celebratory crap on hold until you have won that piece of tin at the end of the third test...:wall:

Re: Lets not get carried away Predator that is very much true. I remember Ganguly hugging and rolling all over Srinath after that first test win against West Indies in 2001. We all know what happened in the end. I would want these guys to keep their emotion in check for now and concentrate on the rest of the series. I had never really seen Rahul this emotional. Although no harm in feeling good at times and letting your joy be seen. That said none other than Rahul himself should know the ups and downs with this particular cricket team. At this point in time they should start working on how to get the best out of their personnel. Batting still needs a lot of work and they should use this extra time to work on it.

Re: Lets not get carried away Well that ONE test win is a RARE thing for us so you can see why they're so over the moon. And as Ravi says, RD knows how good the SAfs can be and said as much in his post match thingy...he and Chappel, not to mention the Kumbles and SRTs will make sure the feet are firmly on the ground