POTD: Russian cheerleaders

Gambit

lady constables in Delhi Police are scarier... they do not hesitate in slapping a guy or a girl... Radhika..heven't you seen those lady inspectors of UP...who beat some couples just because they were in park... BTW how many here have had some panga or altercation with Police.. Traffic voilations not counted..

I wonder , what you would do , If padma responds to your call ? send a flower boquet in a sign of brotherly love i suppose ! Those who did the " The things i would do to.. " are after all , just thinking. You are actually plannning !! :haha:
if padma did actually return my call, i would change my last name... and no i would not define my affections for her as purely platonic, i do find her quite attractive, and yeah i would like to date her if given the opportunity, as i am sure you would too. on the other hand, if padma does return my call, i would be encouraged to aim higher: ellen muth or rhiana griffith...

lady constables in Delhi Police are scarier... they do not hesitate in slapping a guy or a girl... Radhika..heven't you seen those lady inspectors of UP...who beat some couples just because they were in park... BTW how many here have had some panga or altercation with Police.. Traffic voilations not counted..
got into a serious disagreement with a cop once... there was an accident near my home in delhi while i was on vacation there. full of jingoism and sympathy for the poor two wheel drive who was being intimidated, i told the cop 'to calm' down and he started shoving me with insults hurled at my mum and sister. i guess i was still in the american mode where i have rights and the police is restricted by a system of checks and balances, that i was unprepared for the carte blanche of indian law inforcement. luckily my friend was by my side and she sort of helped diffuse the situation for i was in good mind of resorting to a violent gesture. later i realized how close i came to throwing my entire life away... one mistake and he could have probably had me arrested for some shyte charged, pressed another charge under the dragonian POTA laws and boom! my life, my career... all lost. since then i have learned to practice immense restrain while dealing with law enforcement, be they here or in the united states. another incident occured at schiphol airport at amsterdam where this absolute imbecile of a human being security guard tried to intimidate me with stuff like, that does not look like you in the passport. i responded, yeah its a ten year old picture. then he said you dont look like the guy in your driver's licence, to which i replied, yeah i lost weight. and then he said, all my pictures in the various IDs (licence, passport, university ID) seemed distinct to which i replied "well thats not my fault is it now that you cannot find any resemblence in three pictures of the same human being, is it?". i think what saved me that day was that he was not expecting someone to actually respond with such callousness.

another incident occured at schiphol airport at amsterdam where this absolute imbecile of a human being security guard tried to intimidate me with stuff like, that does not look like you in the passport. i responded, yeah its a ten year old picture. then he said you dont look like the guy in your driver's licence, to which i replied, yeah i lost weight. and then he said, all my pictures in the various IDs (licence, passport, university ID) seemed distinct to which i replied "well thats not my fault is it now that you cannot find any resemblence in three pictures of the same human being, is it?". i think what saved me that day was that he was not expecting someone to actually respond with such callousness.
Not sure if this was a coincidence but I had similar experience at Schipol where the Security hassled me for a few minutes. It was not really tood bad, same old - "Picture doesnt match the face" routine but it can get pretty dicey. This came right after 911 so there were obvious complications. On the other hand London and Paris Airport have probably been the best experience for me, neber been hassled there. xxx

Not sure if this was a coincidence but I had similar experience at Schipol where the Security hassled me for a few minutes. It was not really tood bad, same old - "Picture doesnt match the face" routine but it can get pretty dicey. This came right after 911 so there were obvious complications. On the other hand London and Paris Airport have probably been the best experience for me, neber been hassled there. xxx
this occured in july 2003... whats worse is what happened to me in august 2001, before the events of 9-11. i had arrived at the airport at about 6:45am and my connecting flight was at 7:20am. for some reason, it completely escaped my mind that i ought to check what time my connecting flight is rather than goof around at the airport. so about an hour later, after my duty free shopping, i arrived at the terminal to see a flight for berlin... weird, i thought to myself. checked around and noticed that my flight had luckily been delayed by an hour. some more goofing around, harmless flirtation later, i checked at the terminal and again the flight is delayed an hour. eventually four hours later when i arrived at the terminal, i was the only one who had not had a security check and when they looked at my indian passport, my blood shot eyes and two day stuble, they went rambo on me. pulled me aside and gave me a tough time about where i was this whole time, why i had not passed through security check and at one stage i was being cornered by these two security personell while another took my passport and I-20 with him. he returned about twenty minutes later and let me proceed after he told me that they had to do a complete check on me which i later learnt that might or might not have included a complete perusal of my luggage and my background information. it was all cloak and dagger stuff and i was a bit intimidated. the saving grace was that i was seated next to this indian family that spoke sindhi and they kept remarking after my entire incident that i must have been a junkie (i had bloodshot eyes from wearing my contacts for well over 10 hours) and i must have been dealing or buying. little did they know that i did understand sindhi but i kept indulging them by quitely and humorously eavesdropping on their conversation. when we landed in detroit i had half a mind of going up to them and letting them know that i understood their entire conversation! but anyways, i think they are just being a bit too overcautious. i think being a country that is so liberal and relaxed, being tough does not come easy. hence, while they might be shooting for a the tough but fair attitude, all they radiate is sheer mean bully! nevertheless, i love netherlands! if i was not indian, it would be my third choice on the list of most desirable countries of origin after england and australia.

BTW how many here have had some panga or altercation with Police.. Traffic voilations not counted..
Generally I'm the last person to get into a fight, I avoid it at all costs. But this happened once. I'm not going to elaborate, as you will probably understand what i mean in 5 words.. College, alcohol, frat party, big fight....... Anyways, nothing happenned to me, didnt even get on my record.. I just got a verbal warning.. but few others were in deep ****... add to that it was my first month in the states, college just started, and i was totally drunk... :tounge_smile: from then on, all my friends started calling me Karate Kid..:hysterical:

@THX... Wow !that seems pretty harrowing ! wouldnt want to be in your situation.
wait till you hear the kicker: the reason why i missed the security check, i was buying a present for this girl i had been dating for three years then, and when i returned home, i discovered she had been cheating the whole summer on me. now what do you say to that...

Generally I'm the last person to get into a fight, I avoid it at all costs. But this happened once. I'm not going to elaborate, as you will probably understand what i mean in 5 words.. College, alcohol, frat party, big fight....... Anyways, nothing happenned to me, didnt even get on my record.. I just got a verbal warning.. but few others were in deep ****... add to that it was my first month in the states, college just started, and i was totally drunk... :tounge_smile: from then on, all my friends started calling me Karate Kid..:hysterical:
count your blessings, my ex roommate and his friend beat up this kid (these two lads were fresh of the boat and did not quite understand the power play situation in fraternities, i.e. the seniors get to jerk you around, so they turned the tables on a senior), and then i had to accompany them to court, guide them through the entire process... my first experience ever of a court room and man its a unique feeling... discomfort, regret, and absolute fear. not the fear like in fear of snakes, but fear as in fear of commiting a fatal faux pas on a date with a totally decked out babe.

i checked at the terminal and again the flight is delayed an hour. eventually four hours later when i arrived at the terminal' date=' i was the only one who had not had a security check and when they looked at my indian passport, my blood shot eyes and two day stuble, they went rambo on me. pulled me aside and gave me a tough time about where i was this whole time, why i had not passed through security check and at one stage i was being cornered by these two security personell while another took my passport and I-20 with him. [/quote'] Damn must have been one heck of an experience. But perhaps not as bad when compared to
the reason why i missed the security check, i was buying a present for this girl i had been dating for three years then, and when i returned home, i discovered she had been cheating the whole summer on me.
By the way I do like Netherlands as well, and I think Schipol is one of my favorite Airports. Pretty well laid out, not much of a crowd(as compared to say JFK or Heathrow), good shopping areas(atleast as good as what you get on an Airport) plus little museum with paintings and history. Nice Airport otherwise. xx

I might fly via Schipol in October. Will remember these
if you are taking a connecting flight, then i would recommend a 6 hour waiting time between your arrival and waiting time. meanwhile arrange to get a transit visa (of course if you are a us citizen, no worries) and then when you arrive at schipol, take a bus tour that will take you all the way to rotterdam and show you all the awesome places.