What the **** was that Ashwin?! Ashwin's response (post #87)

Talwar

I don't think he looks like improving it overnight. It requires lots and lots of work. Till that time other batsmen have to make that adjustment.
ashwin will play along with dhoni most of the time let me see who is gonna adjust dhoni or ashwin:cantstop:

Clearly Sharma's fault. Ashwin was never interested in the 2nd run.Granted,Ashwin isn't the fastest runner between wickets, but can't fault him for refusing a second. He probably thought that there were 100+ balls left, so why take the risk.A 30 from him here would have gotten him MOM which that Sharma never wanted.

I don't think he looks like improving it overnight. It requires lots and lots of work. Till that time other batsmen have to make that adjustment.
Just hard work wont help, a part of it is in inbuilt too..... He wont be able to improve beyond certain limit. I hope he gets good enough to not to embarrass himself and the team too often.
Clearly Sharma's fault. Ashwin was never interested in the 2nd run.Granted' date='Ashwin isn't the fastest runner between wickets, but can't fault him for refusing a second. He probably thought that there were 100+ balls left, so why take the risk.A 30 from him here would have gotten him MOM which that Sharma never wanted.[/quote'] So, someone who is hard working, better fielder, and more committed to secure runs - is at fault now :).. I know ultimately either people will have to adjust around Ashwin, or he will be left out when someone better spinner comes up.
So, someone who is hard working, better fielder, and more committed to secure runs - is at fault now :).. I know ultimately either people will have to adjust around Ashwin, or he will be left out when someone better spinner comes up.
You cannot drop your frontline spinner for his poor running between the wickets. There is one thing going for him as a batsman. He doesn't waste many balls and get stuck at one end. One weakness is he is not fit for tight singles or tight twos. So other batsmen should just avoid it altogether when they are with him. He can hit few fours and even sixes against spinners. Badrinath is a much superior runner compared to Ashwin. Can we pick him? Badri sucked against the same West Indies side not long ago .
So, someone who is hard working, better fielder, and more committed to secure runs - is at fault now :).. I know ultimately either people will have to adjust around Ashwin, or he will be left out when someone better spinner comes up.
rohit and hard working :omg: u must be joking bro he was the laziest guy in the team that was the reason he has so many failures he is used to be running like ashwin did today donno what changed him these days he has improved a lot both his batting and his running
You cannot drop your frontline spinner for his poor running between the wickets. There is one thing going for him as a batsman. He doesn't waste many balls and get stuck at one end. One weakness is he is not fit for tight singles or tight twos. So other batsmen should just avoid it altogether when they are with him. He can hit few fours and even sixes against spinners. Badrinath is a much superior runner compared to Ashwin. Can we pick him? Badri sucked against the same West Indies side not long ago .
That is why I said - when someone better spinner comes up. as I know we have had Kumble too. As for other batsmen adjusting around him..... most times these run decisions are instinctive, you can't just switch on and off... and will be even more crucial in deciding moments.
rohit and hard working :omg: u must be joking bro he was the laziest guy in the team that was the reason he has so many failures he is used to be running like ashwin did today donno what changed him these days he has improved a lot both his batting and his running
he has always been a good fielder and runner.. or perhaps I missed the ultra-lazy moments of his career.

LOL. Let's wait for someone better to come in so we can drop him simply cause he can't run well between the wickets. Anyways, there is no question that he has to become a better runner. Got to make those easy 2s. That said, he is the premier spinner in the country, so he ain't going nowhere.

LOL. Let's wait for someone better to come in so we can drop him simply cause he can't run well between the wickets. Anyways, there is no question that he has to become a better runner. Got to make those easy 2s. That said, he is the premier spinner in the country, so he ain't going nowhere.
Yes, the day his wkts taken per match will start matching wickets gifted per match .. :D