Whom should we pick in place of Praveen?

koksmayu

Replacement to be named tomorrow at Ahmedabad. Apparently' date=' Sreesanth's career threatening toe injury has healed fully after some ayurvedic treatment and he reached the NCA today for a fitness test. Is said be the lead choice as the replacement followed by Mithun. Team management is not very keen on Irfan Pathan[/quote'] Is your source of info reliable??
Replacement to be named tomorrow at Ahmedabad. Apparently' date=' [b']Sreesanth's career threatening toe injury has healed fully after some ayurvedic treatment and he reached the NCA today for a fitness test. Is said be the lead choice as the replacement followed by Mithun. Team management is not very keen on Irfan Pathan
Wow, must be some special ayurvedic treatment to heal a "career threatening" injury so quick!
Sources close to Sreesanth say he has regained fitness after undergoing ayurvedic treatment in Coimbatore for over two weeks. On Friday, he was on his way Bangalore to report at the National Cricket Academy. “Sree will report at the NCA on Saturday. He had an injury on the left toe, but is completely fine now. As far as I know, he is fit for national duty,” a source close to him said.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sreesanth-or-abhimanyu-mithun-may-replace-praveen-kumar_1620605
lol we have now wicket taking option if zaheer gets unfit.. trust me its good news ishant can contain so can ashwin we need wicket takers and if zaheer isnt there..we are in trouble cos yadav is still a rookie and he is deserving has been very consistent in tests
Utter rubbish, he is averaging 46 in Tests since 2007. He had a brilliant debut year but has been pathetic since then with the odd decent performance here and there (like Kanpur '09).

Zak's fitness doubtful, Ishant was to have foot surgery after the English tour but is not magically fit, Sreesant was injured and did not play any Ranji Trophy but magically is now fit with Ayurveda. So only fully fit bowlers are Yadav and Aaron. Nightmare in England back???:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

now wait his injury healed all of sudden(sreesanth's) this is bullshit before selecting he needs to play ranji match like zaheer did and pick wickets i do think he should be in test but not like this.. if he is fully fit he will be gr8 for india but if he isnt then he will play just like match 3 in england..

Utter rubbish' date=' he is averaging 46 in Tests since 2007. He had a brilliant debut year but has been pathetic since then with the odd decent performance here and there (like Kanpur '09).[/quote'] no i mean he was good even this time around in south africa and was bowling well even in england before that he bowled well inside india (thats the only reason he was selected) i think he made his comeback gainst sri lanka got 5 wickets let me research:P btw i dont think he hsould be selected like this read my other comment i think he needs to play ranji.. show his fitness and bowl at full pace and swing
Zak's fitness doubtful' date=' Ishant was to have foot surgery after the English tour but is not magically fit, Sreesant was injured and did not play any Ranji Trophy but magically is now fit with Ayurveda. So only fully fit bowlers are Yadav and Aaron. Nightmare in England back???:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:[/quote'] ishant looks fit tbh... but ya it can return :((

Sreesanth should play the Ranji match this week to prove his fitness before being selected.Otherwise someone like Mithun or Dinda or Nechin (unlikely) should be selected.Sreesanth is the best available choice but that doesnt we should compromise on fitness. Either way he is 5th choice only.Hopefully there is no need for him in the series apart from carrying drinks.

Sreesanth should play the Ranji match this week to prove his fitness before being selected.Otherwise someone like Mithun or Dinda or Nechin (unlikely) should be selected.Sreesanth is the best available choice but that doesnt we should compromise on fitness. Either way he is 5th choice only.Hopefully there is no need for him in the series apart from carrying drinks.
Well, he knows if he plays he'll get thrashed 4.5-5 rpo with Zero in wickets column. If selectors force him to play a game then may be.
That is bullshit' date='You have had bowlers like mcgrath ,walsh and many who bowling at 130 km have done well,we have to combine all factors like height,accuracy,movement,speed,performances and choose bowlers,In india it is extremly hard to sustain pace and it will be a test for like of yadav,aaron,ishant to maintain fitness and of management to handle them well.[/quote'] read my thread about fast bowling ingredients, you will know better and the bowlers you are talking about walsh and mcgrath were not actually 130 k bowler. they only slowed down later in their career when had all the experience of international cricket and were good enough to survive even with less pace. and also dont forget i mentioned exceptions, the bowlers superior skills.