Who should come at no. 6 position?? Virat or Rohit

chainsmoker

Virat has been doing that for over 2 years
Rohit looked far more assured in the WI tour - the only benchmark where both can be compared side by side.. Difference is not significant, just that in-form Rohit looks more assured - and I want to see how Rohit performs in tests. anyway, we wont do much wrong in picking either.
:nono: This is not the right message to be given to youngsters. regardless, Rohit has been batting beautifully for over 6months, he deserves this chance.
You cannot drop someone who has scored two half-centuries in his last Test in favour of someone who has not even played Test cricket. And Kohli is in good form as well, and a couple of failures (assumes he fails in the next match as well) really mean nothing. Though I like Rohit much more than Kohli, it's a matter of common sense that Kohli will get the nod now. If he fails, Rohit is always in line.
You cannot drop someone who has scored two half-centuries in his last Test in favour of someone who has not even played Test cricket. And Kohli is in good form as well' date=' and a couple of failures (assumes he fails in the next match as well) really mean nothing. Though I like Rohit much more than Kohli, it's a matter of common sense that Kohli will get the nod now. If he fails, Rohit is always in line.[/quote'] My point was - you can not take practice matches as a joke. They should be taken as seriously as regular matches. And if you are in such a good test form, that is no excuse to fail in practice matches - so they must count.

Besides - those 2 50s were in home series, and we know what he did in WI tour. So, you can't say he is in better test form than Rohit - in a completely different setup. So, to pick between these two, I would rather rely on their performance in practice matches - than what they did in last 2 innings.... as I said - slightly better benchmark to pick between the two (for this away series) would be their abroad performance in WI tour - however since it was ODIs, it is not as significant as these practice matches.

My point was - you can not take practice matches as a joke. They should be taken as seriously as regular matches. And if you are in such a good test form, that is no excuse to fail in practice matches - so they must count.
Not a joke, but not a parameter for judging who'll play the next Test. And even Gambhir scored a scratchy 35, should he be replaced as well? Practise matches are more for acclimatisation, and the form and performance of a cricketer should be judged on the basis of some real matches, specially for someone who's done well in his last Test and is in good form.

whoever perfoms better in these 2 practice matches should bat at no 6. runs in subcontinent doesn't matter. if its rohit who performs then kohli should not be disheartened. he is two year younger then rohit and by the time he gets to rohit age, no 3,4,5 slot may also be vacant. he will have much better opportunities then rohit.

virat should play.. these are warm up matches.. conditions were easy its not like these were tough conditions or anything track was flat..bowling wasn ot international standard kohli scored those 50's under pressure in both innings it was a test match totally diff game intensity rohit is talented even i want him to play but virat he has already proved he loves bounce (in south africa) where rohit struggled

Not a joke' date=' but not a parameter for judging who'll play the next Test. And even Gambhir scored a scratchy 35, should he be replaced as well? Practise matches are more for acclimatisation, and the form and performance of a cricketer should be judged on the basis of some real matches, specially for someone who's done well in his last Test and is in good form.[/quote'] Kohli failed in his only away series, and 50s were in one odd test at home. That is not sufficient to put him ahead of Rohit. Besides, Rohit outperformed him ODIs in WI ( I do not want to use ODI form, but that is only where u can compare them side by side) For this spot in coming tests - between the two - the only reliable parameter should be practice matches - there is one more coming up. As for Gambhir - he gets benefit of having performed over the years - which is not the case for Kohli vs Rohit. If Kohli can't acclimatise in 2 practice matches, and Rohit does - then why should Kohli get a chance in tests?