'Bhagvad Gita' faces 'extremist' branding, legal ban in Russia

Sachin=GOD

The name's Vijay. The radiation levels are wrt it being a war waged with many "astras" or weapons that caused huge explosions...and captured in the mahabharata as explosions that tore the skin out of people, fried them alive, etc. But that is beside the point. Why are you evading the question asked of you? Again, why is the Gita a crappy book?
I have put this point before. Kurushetra (part were battle was held) was a barren land before the battle itself. Thats the reason why it was chosen as a place for battle. Nothing grew there. So its more likely that the place was radio-active much before the war P.S, Gita is an amazing book

I have put this point before. Kurushetra (part were battle was held) was a barren land before the battle itself. Thats the reason why it was chosen as a place for battle. Nothing grew there. So its more likely that the place was radio-active much before the war P.S, Gita is an amazing book
So what.. that just proves it was a nuclear test site even much before ;).. Seriously, I am extremely skeptical of even this radioactivity level claims. I mean, it is such a monumental evidence which would have attracted whole world's archaeologists.. Besides, it is even more hard to believe that such an advanced civilization could not figure out a way to pass on this tech to future, when such has been the first tendency of any era.. to pass on the learning. [i know the possible explanation is they did not want future generations to self-destruct, but I am not buying..for that they would have to eliminate every form of human life.] For any monumental claim, it has to be supported by even more monumental evidences and extremely microscopically reviewed...otherwise, it is just another mythology.

So what.. that just proves it was a nuclear test site even much before ;).. Seriously, I am extremely skeptical of even this radioactivity level claims. I mean, it is such a monumental evidence which would have attracted whole world's archaeologists.. Besides, it is even more hard to believe that such an advanced civilization could not figure out a way to pass on this tech to future, when such has been the first tendency of any era.. to pass on the learning. [i know the possible explanation is they did not want future generations to self-destruct, but I am not buying..for that they would have to eliminate every form of human life.] For any monumental claim, it has to be supported by even more monumental evidences and extremely microscopically reviewed...otherwise, it is just another mythology.
Well, if we make literal interpretation of ramayan and mahabharata, apart from nukes, they also had constructive things like TV and Airplanes. Dont see any reason why this knowledge did not get passed to later generations and they went back to iron age

So what.. that just proves it was a nuclear test site even much before ;).. Seriously, I am extremely skeptical of even this radioactivity level claims. I mean, it is such a monumental evidence which would have attracted whole world's archaeologists..
Akshay, there are such monumental evidences coming from all over the world which destroy current beliefs of history yet they do not get into mainstream media. Our feed is only mainstream media. And in mainstream media we ma, with luck, get to read a small clip in the insides of a weekly supplement. Here are some examples of monumental discoveries - In Southern Africa a whole city/town layout has been excavated and that city is dated to be at the least 250,000 years old. Now the modern belief of homo sapiens being only 70k years old means this is monumental evidence. You never heard it on the news channels or seen it in newspapers. But if you read stuff that is relevant to the topic i.e. books on archeology then you will know of these developments The cuneiform writings on the tablets found in Sumer - science tells us that even with high precision lasers we will not be able to match the quality of those inscriptions. Moreover those inscriptions are made like a printing implement i.e. they are inscribed ult such that if u press it against another material then the new material will have the actual writing. In school you learned about the Sumerian civilization right? Why didn't you learn about this fact then? Dwarka was discovered udner the ocean in the 90s, and more discoveries were made in the 2000's. We are talking about the legendary Dwarka. How many TV programs did you hear mention it? How many newspapers did you see carrying stories for more than say 2-3 days after the event? The dry river bed of Saraswati was confirmed and mapped by none other than NASA a decade ago. This is NASA...the gora organization that Indians lick asses of. How many times did NDTV show this? How many times did The Hindu, The Times of India write articles about it? It is not a smart thing to expect mainstream media to be the source of information for all the developments in some subject. Did mainstream media lap onto the theory of epigenetics? Did mainstream media lap onto the images of the universe as gotten by the Hubble telescope in 2003-04? Did mainstream media lap onto the news that Stephen Hawking accepted defeat and accepted his theory was wrong whence the images came? You are privy to the information only when you take the steps to learn. If you are willing to know there is an ocean of information available. Sitting in our drawing rooms and expecting NDTV and The Times of India to break these monumental discoveries is never going to happen.
Besides' date=' it is even more hard to believe that such an advanced civilization could not figure out a way to pass on this tech to future, when such has been the first tendency of any era.. to pass on the learning.[/quote']As the surviving documents of these advanced civilizations themselves mention technologies can also be lost. We have some books surviving about them and some research organizations have been studying them. Again we will not know about them on NDTV or The Times of India. I dont mean to claim that they had cell phones and computers and all. All I am saying is that their civilization was way mroe advanced than we give them credit for. And it would help us to be aware that advancement in civilization can follow any of an infinite many paths....not every civilization has to follow the same path that we have followed in the last 300 years. In fact I bet no other civilization will follow the exact path.

Well' date=' if we make literal interpretation of ramayan and mahabharata, apart from nukes, they also had constructive things like TV and Airplanes. Dont see any reason why this knowledge did not get passed to later generations and they went back to iron age[/quote']I dunno about TV but vimanas we have some knowledge left in a work called Vaimanika Shastra. Our very word "vimana" comes from the sanskrit word vimana. What we have left of vaimanika shastra is very little. But there is enough of it to have caused the US to invest in research on mercury based energy systems since the 80s (most of the energy systems in the vimanas are mercury based). Secondly, as a tenth degree corroborative point (10th degree meaning so far away from the main evidences) if ancient man imagined a vimana...an artificial vehicle that flew then that bugger's imagination must be way too great and as great as the imagination of say kalam or einstein. Why do I say this? Being a student of innovation I know how creativity and imagination works. The human mind is incapable of imagining something that it has no idea of...for a stone age or hardly civilized man to imagine things could be made to fly in the air and on top of that write books on how to make those things (vaimanika shastra), the architecture of them, the fuel sources, who sits where, how to drive, etc when what we are told is that he was hardly able to construct a building is insulting our intelligence. Yes, it does not mean they were far more materially advanced than us. But what is important is to have the mind of inquiry. Not to trash the evidences that come up and to base our own awareness and existence on the FACT that civilization evolution is not linear. That is the biggest problem...we are forced to believe civilization evolution is linear when history is littered with evidences that it is anything but. If you wanna know more about the Vaimanika Shastra - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vimanas/vimanas.htm http://www.stopnwo.com/docs/the_vimanika_shastra.pdf Some of the chapters include info about piloting, food for pilots, featues of the plane, onboard systems, the power used for - Ascent of vimana : Udgamashakthi Descent of vimana : Panjara shakti Solar heat absorption : by Shaktyaapa-karshini Alien force restraining : Parashakti Spectacular motion of the vimana : By Vidyutdwadashaka Shakti O yeah they imagined all this crap! Edit - "alien force restraining" - alien here dunn mean little green men kinda alien but the real meaning of the word in English i.e. unknown, not familiar, surprising, etc. It is the adjective not the noun

Do u believe exactly everything you see in cave printings.... 2n9fue.png
LOL! But to answer your question, the choice of belief is upto you but you must understand that a cave painting or an hieroglyph or arts in temples are sanctioned works. And these works typically depict things that people have seen or believed at the time. Whether the animal sex depicted actually means people became Ayatollah Khomeini like in ancient India I dont know. Maybe it is a metaphor. Now similarly if I draw a plane as a metaphor for flight today and the drawing survives a thousand years then people in the future may conclude flight was known to us. A helicopter like object in a pyramid - does it not make your mind wanna be a little more quizzical than believing the pyramid was a tomb (where no mummy had ever been found)?

By the way I wasn't questioning about what they are doing, but how gifted tools they got... The sketches you are talking about are no way superior to sketches and inventions on Wallace and Gromit. To be fair, cant they have wished and imagined to fly or swim