So quiet on a Friday?

Lurker

Man I need new things to try in Veg in these diff restaurants. I never knew there is something like Veg sushi. Where can i find this. and wats the wasabi and stuff. and tell me more good things. I am a Veg.
Well Sushi is this expensive Japanese dish where they place (expensive) raw fish inside cooked rice and make it into a roll. Ofc to add variety typically they also have a lighter cucumber option. For us Veggies that is normally the only option in a Japanese restaurant other than the standard fried rice with no eggs/no meat/no fish sauce/etc. Wasabi is this spice/herb which is available as a paste. It is very very strong and will hit your nose/brain/whatever. You mix it with Soy sauce and make a milder paste (which is still strong), dip your sushi in it and enjoy! BTW, Japanese restaurants also have the Veg Tempura which is like our Pakora or the South Indian Bajji where they dip veges in a batter or coat with flour and fry in oil.

Wasabi is concentrated mustard paste. The effect shoots accross your brain in seconds. I usually stay away from the Wasabi. But I love sushi, I could live just eating sushi for the rest of my life.
Man Sushi without Wasabi is like You know what without What? :--D

Guest Gunner
Man Sushi without Wasabi is like You know what without What? :--D
Dude, I just stay with the soy sauce. The wasabi kills me and though I am Indian I really dislike food which is too spicy.

Well Sushi is this expensive Japanese dish where they place (expensive) raw fish inside cooked rice and make it into a roll. Ofc to add variety typically they also have a lighter cucumber option. For us Veggies that is normally the only option in a Japanese restaurant other than the standard fried rice with no eggs/no meat/no fish sauce/etc. Wasabi is this spice/herb which is available as a paste. It is very very strong and will hit your nose/brain/whatever. You mix it with Soy sauce and make a milder paste (which is still strong), dip your sushi in it and enjoy!
Arey bhai I know offcourse what sushi is, but never knew it was for veg. I thought it was just a non veg dish. anywayz, thanks for the info.. will try one day.

Dude' date=' I just stay with the soy sauce. The wasabi kills me and though I am Indian I really dislike food which is too spicy.[/quote'] Well you don't just dip things in Wasabi straight. You need to dilute it with Soy Sauce. But if you dislike Spice in general, then yea stay out!

The period after Xmas and before New year, I was getting all fidgety wanting it all to come to an end. The celebrations had been going around for a month post Thanksgiving in US, people on vacation, projects not starting. So I kinda wanted it to be over. Although coming to work with nobody on road was awesome. This whole week had to work my **** off...making me wanting the holiday season was still around. Friday starts in a bit so I am gonna have fun :)

The period after Xmas and before New year, I was getting all fidgety wanting it all to come to an end. The celebrations had been going around for a month post Thanksgiving in US, people on vacation, projects not starting. So I kinda wanted it to be over. Although coming to work with nobody on road was awesome. This whole week had to work my **** off...making me wanting the holiday season was still around. Friday starts in a bit so I am gonna have fun :)
How'z the weather in Phoenix? Must be pleasant now in winter..:sniffle: