For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

speed_demon

The complete "popular" theory taking into effect and you want a few scapegoats. No problem but amidst that huge flow of emotions 2 + 2 gets added up to 5. Every move played by the captain/player becomes wrong. Here's what I meant - Dhoni has played against/with Du Plessis more than we have. He had an instinct - he tried it, it did not work and that's that. There are times it worked. He brought on Yuvraj for AB DeVilliers and not Ashwin which was a slick move. But alas, since we are out carry on the schadenfreude. PS - Before you start with the whole he should not be captain or player in T20 rant, note that I agree with you!

The complete "popular" theory taking into effect and you want a few scapegoats. No problem but amidst that huge flow of emotions 2 + 2 gets added up to 5. Every move played by the captain/player becomes wrong. Here's what I meant - Dhoni has played against/with Du Plessis more than we have. He had an instinct - he tried it, it did not work and that's that. There are times it worked. He brought on Yuvraj for AB DeVilliers and not Ashwin which was a slick move. But alas, since we are out carry on the schadenfreude. PS - Before you start with the whole he should not be captain or player in T20 rant, note that I agree with you!
arre yaar he himself said he brought on part timers to save Ashwin n Zak's overs,nothing else.if he said it was an attacking move n he saw something in Faf,it was okay,but to save ur main bowlers for laters?:confused:

Sorry MS Dhoni did not say he let part timers bowl to save Ashwin and Zaheer for the later overs. you have misinterpreted him completely. Let me quote him

We wanted to make use of the new ball initially. I knew that if our fast bowlers could swing it a bit and get those early breakthroughs in the first six overs, then we could put pressure through the spinners. But if we tried the other way around, it is more than certain that if the fast bowlers come on later, it will be difficult for them to get batsmen out unless they play a rash shot.
IMO, this means MS Dhoni wanted our fast bowlers to make best use of the new ball and make the spinners best use of the old ball. Zaheer and Pathan bowled the first 6 overs IIRC. No way this is "saving" either Zaheer or any front line bowler.
n why is that?should be good in watever situations' date='does it in ODIs too[/quote'] Told you, the problem is the mindset. If he comes in with the the mindset to go for the kill, then nobody in the phucking world can stop him. Maybe he should come in higher up the order, so that he can knock around the ball for singles and hit the odd boundary till about 12th-13th over and go berserk after that.
Sorry MS Dhoni did not say he let part timers bowl to save Ashwin and Zaheer for the later overs. you have misinterpreted him completely. Let me quote him IMO, this means MS Dhoni wanted our fast bowlers to make best use of the new ball and make the spinners best use of the old ball. Zaheer and Pathan bowled the first 6 overs IIRC. No way this is "saving" either Zaheer or any front line bowler.
did u watch the presentation ceremony yesterday,he clearly said he used part timers coz he didnt want to finish his main bowlers quota too early,those were his exact words
Told you' date=' the problem is the mindset. If he comes in with the the mindset to go for the kill, then nobody in the phucking world can stop him. Maybe he should come in higher up the order, so that he can knock around the ball for singles and hit the odd boundary till about 12th-13th over and go berserk after that.[/quote'] yeah he should hv more confidence in himself in T20s
yeah he should hv more confidence in himself in T20s
He has that confidence man. Nothing about the confidence. Its just that he does not start hitting out until its to late bcoz he knows the team depends on him. With CSK, the thing is after him also, there are guys like Morkel, Bravo etc. so he can play without pressure.e
:cantstop: What do we call these? Conspiracy or anti-conspiracy theories? I have a counter. Having bowled Du plessis in nets, Ashwin would have known better about the weaknesses of him. So it would have made more sense to have him bowl.
LOL! You missed out on the part where Dhoni saw some weakness in Faf's game that only the great Rohit Sharma could have exploited, yeah the great one who has a career economy rate of close to 10? :hysterical:
Oh and btw' date=' MS Dhoni looked VERY distraught yesterday. I don't think I have seen such a dull and sour face on him.[/quote'] True. but I do not think that he hasn't looked more disappointed than that. After last match against Eng and Aus in test series also, he looked hugely disappointed and distraught. Also in Wt20 09, he was very upset and apologized to the whole nation.
I did - I would love to watch a replay though. Please link me.
cant find it.but I'm pretty sure I heard right. even otherwise it was no point saving Zak's last over n Ashwin after 121,even if he wanted to give Rohit an over fine,but then bring ur best n more dependable bowlers n attack,instead of Balaji n Yuvraj.
cant find it.but I'm pretty sure I heard right. even otherwise it was no point saving Zak's last over n Ashwin after 121,even if he wanted to give Rohit an over fine,but then bring ur best n more dependable bowlers n attack,instead of Balaji n Yuvraj.
I agree that he bowled Zaheer and Ashwin a couple of overs too late - no discussion on that point! :dontknow: My only point was there must be something he felt to give Rohit Sharma that over for Du Plessis - even Ian Chappell was for it on commentary. I think RKT mentioned we should have taken this like a 15-16 over game as 121 can be scored in T20 on most pitches. Btw, I dare say wasn't Du Plessis a bit lucky the other day? IIRC he got at least 7-8 edges in 35 balls!
I agree that he bowled Zaheer and Ashwin a couple of overs too late - no discussion on that point! :dontknow: My only point was there must be something he felt to give Rohit Sharma that over for Du Plessis - even Ian Chappell was for it on commentary. I think RKT mentioned we should have taken this like a 15-16 over game as 121 can be scored in T20 on most pitches. Btw, I dare say wasn't Du Plessis a bit lucky the other day? IIRC he got at least 7-8 edges in 35 balls!
Ashwin was the one who got the ball late. But Zak bowled 3 consecutive overs up front.
Ashwin was the one who got the ball late. But Zak bowled 3 consecutive overs up front.
my point is he should hv bowled his 4th before they hit 121 too.wats the point of saving it.could hv been used to break a growing partnership
I think he will continue for awhile till southafrica tour where another cool whitewash awaits :dance:.So guys be prepared for more cool kaptani :two_thumbs_up:.
Is that in south Africa? If then, out kaptaan will come out and say overseas test matches are practice matches!!! B->