For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

speed_demon

What do you mean other than that? You dismissed the possibility of it happening citing it to be against BCCI's beliefs when it has clearly happened before.
Ufff! Did I say it has never happened? Traditionally, in the Indian team captaincy has gone to the guy who's a sureshot selection in both the formats (Tests and ODIs). This was just an exception because Kumble was a makeshift captain and Dhoni was being groomed to take up his position.
Ufff! Did I say it has never happened? Traditionally, in the Indian team captaincy has gone to the guy who's a sureshot selection in both the formats (Tests and ODIs). This was just an exception because Kumble was a makeshift captain and Dhoni was being groomed to take up his position.
You are trying to portray things as if it's some long term vision of the BCCI. Ever since the dichotomy of captaincy started in international cricket India had Ganguly and Dravid as it's captains both of whom were good enough to have a spot in either side. Dravid was anyways a long term vice captain so was expected to take over. Next came Kumble and he was confined to test cricket because he did not have a spot in ODIs and then we've had Dhoni.
You are trying to portray things as if it's some long term vision of the BCCI. Ever since the dichotomy of captaincy started in international cricket India had Ganguly and Dravid as it's captains both of whom were good enough to have a spot in either side. Dravid was anyways a long term vice captain so was expected to take over. Next came Kumble and he was confined to test cricket because he did not have a spot in ODIs and then we've had Dhoni.
If I remember correctly, Ganguly was preferred over Jadeja as VC since he was a sureshot selection in both formats. Ditto for Dhoni. He was selected as the captain of the T20 team over Yuvraj since he was a sureshot selection in both formats. India has never appointed two different captains in two different formats longterm. It happened during Kumble/Dhoni only because Kumble was a makeshift captain and wasn't playing ODIs.
Agree dhoni's contribution was zero. Per sachin's contribution was negativeee!!! Such a bojh for our already down team. Should be sacked! Dhoni should be given a better team and then dekhna kamaal :nice:
Arrey he himself doesnt agree to dropping Sachin, bhajji, etc. He doesnt want to make any radical changes
Arrey he himself doesnt agree to dropping Sachin' date=' bhajji, etc. He doesnt want to make any radical changes[/quote'] Koi sanskaar naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai how can he openly ask old player to leave ?????!!!??? sachin is being selfish, apne time pass ke liye latka huwa
Maninder Singh laying into MSD's field placing and strategy. Says he sets fielding for spinners according to his own batting technique. :cantstop: if I was the bowler I would struggle to bowl with those kind of field placings.
:hysterical::hysterical: Jab time kharab hota hai, to har taraf se sujhaav aate hai.
Maninder Singh laying into MSD's field placing and strategy. Says he sets fielding for spinners according to his own batting technique. :cantstop: if I was the bowler I would struggle to bowl with those kind of field placings.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Kaptain Kool Ko to front foot defence theek se nahin aata .
Awesome. :hysterical: Dhoni better not watch television for the next few days. :haha:
:hysterical::hysterical: Dhoni's field settings were just horrible. It was as if he was still playing on the Ahmedabad wicket. On this pitch with two off spinners, Pietersen should have been made to drive against the spin by opening up the off side or at the very least removing that stupid sweeper cover. Ashwin and Harbhajan did not bowl well, but the effect was augmented by Dhoni's field placings.