After series coaches role will be redundant

I believe india will win the test series. It will mark a sea change in cricket and mean the overrtated coaches role will be put in perspective. As we will win without a coach and show they are not really needed and do not make much of a differnce. As Warne said the only coach needed is the one to get to the ground in!

This is good, a prediction like this is a breath of fresh air. There are many threads attributed to individual players but not one for the team. I hope they do make merry against England. This is a huge series for a lot of Indian players : 1. Karthik - If he needs to seal his spot, he has to perform in this series. 2. Jaffer - He's been accused rightly of being inconsistent, here he gets yet another opportunity to prove he has it in him to deliver more often. 3. Rahul Dravid - Has been under the weather quite a bit. A lost ODI and test series against Saffies, world cup debacle and the draw test series against England. If India has to do well Rahul Dravid has to do well and lead from the front. 4. Tendulkar - 18 years since his debut but he cannot afford to fail. Firstly because of the lofty expectations of the billion people and also for the yardstick he has set in the past. He's a victim of his own performances. He's had tremendous last couple of months. Here's hoping he has the best ever series. Nothing like watching Sachin on song. 5. Laxman : Class is not a problem, temperament is not a problem but often he has been side lined for reasons unknown. Truly VVS deserves an extended opportunity i.e a place in the entire series irrespective of what his scores are going to be. It must really be hard for him to always be worried whether he's going to be playing the next test match or not despite proven match winning credentials. A big tour for VVS as he hasn't had a decent tour to England prior. 6. Dhoni : Labeled FTB here's a man capable of putting an attack to the sword and at the same time good enough to play a long inning. Many times he has proved he can bat long enough to make an impact. It is just a matter of time Dhoni well and truly arrived in test cricket. People won't really notice much about his good keeping skills but will question his place if he performs anything short of great. Such is the expectation that comes with grand exposure. 7. Anil Kumble : Time and again Anil's ability is questioned. It's a pity guys like Tendulkar and Anil have to be on top of the game always. Traditionally Indian spinners haven't had a great tour of England. Chandrashekar is the only Indian spinner that has done well consistently. Anil has a lot to prove despite the big numbers he has in the wicket column in his career. No doubt the pressure is huge on the players listed above but time and again the 7 listed have proved they have it in them to perform when the chips are down. Here's hoping at least 4-5 come good in each test match. It is not a tough probability and I'm hopeful we will see a rejuvenated team this time around. I cannot quite wait for the test series to start, it is going to be huge.

I believe india will win the test series. It will mark a sea change in cricket and mean the overrtated coaches role will be put in perspective. As we will win without a coach and show they are not really needed and do not make much of a differnce. As Warne said the only coach needed is the one to get to the ground in!
ajmeri baba of ICFans has spoken again. :giggle:
Totally disagree with that, every word of it !

My point is not really that a coach is not needed. Just that their role will be put in perspective as it is overrated. The main thing is to make sure they have decent training drills and organise things a bit. Thats about it. You dont need to tell players how to bat and bowl. That will/should have been done earlier.

we are doing pretty decently ... team showing a lot of fight and the series is there for the taking. Although the Oval is prolly the worst track for us given the historic trampoline bounce on it. Lets see whether our batsman can negotiate Tremlett on it.

I'm glad this shows the myth of having a very highly paid coach and blaming losses or crediting wins to the coach. Nothing wrong having a coach but get a low profile one that doesn't go around beating chest about everything.

I'm glad this shows the myth of having a very highly paid coach and blaming losses or crediting wins to the coach. Nothing wrong having a coach but get a low profile one that doesn't go around beating chest about everything.
Actually the way guruji "coached" he deserves every criticism you can think of